Vontaze Burfict suspended for 2019 season for on field behavior

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here is the hit 

First time seeing this. Damn that's BRUTAL...

I'm at work - anyone know if Doyle is okay? He must be in concussion protocol. 

I don't like the rule changes for defenders but this hit and the hit on Allen are uncalled for and just unnecessary . 

18 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, Burfict's hit was worse; the Colt receiver had his knees on the turf.  Burfict should be done in the NFL.  Jones simply lead with his helmet and should have been ejected and got a multi game suspension.

Question.. (because I honestly don’t know) isn’t it normal for first offenses just be fines? Unless it is like that Berfict hit which was painful just to watch..  I wish they had a system in place like PEDs.. 1st offense X 2nd offense Y.. etc...

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

First time seeing this. Damn that's BRUTAL...

I'm at work - anyone know if Doyle is okay? He must be in concussion protocol. 

I don't like the rule changes for defenders but this hit and the hit on Allen are uncalled for and just unnecessary . 

The one on Allen you could at least make the argument he was trying stop him from making the first down.. (not justifying it just saying it was in the normal flow of the play.. not an obvious head hunt like that)I mean doyle  was DOWN! All he needed to do was touch him.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Thank you for being the P*ts apologist.

Not apologizing... I don’t think Jones had intent I think he was just trying stop him from making the first down.. doesn’t change it from being an illegal hit. Burfict is just a thug.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Not apologizing... I don’t think Jones had intent I think he was just trying stop him from making the first down.. doesn’t change it from being an illegal hit. Burfict is just a thug.

Of course not. P*thetic trolls do not come here to apologize.  I guess the sarcasm was too subtle for you.

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

this guy shouldn’t be in the league.  He would be amazing back in the day where the players weren’t really athletic so they just tried to injure each other.  He would have been a HOF in the 70s. 

A dirty secret about pro sports is that people who grow up where there is an abundant of manual labor are freakishly strong and make the best athletes. Mickey Mantle for instance. He got strong by hauling ice up the stairs. No one is going to do that today, like working through arthritis. Way too easy just to type at a keyboard until you are 80.

And yes, they do hurt people today. That's why you have just a few teams winning. They get the league behind them and cover a lot up.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Of course not. P*thetic trolls do not come here to apologize.  I guess the sarcasm was too subtle for you.

Lmao I’ve been more optimistic about the Bills threw out the years then a lot of Bills fans! Funny I’m a troll because I agree it being an illegal hit but unlike you I didn’t see intent just in game intensity.  Doesn’t make either of us right by the way because the only person knows intent is Jackson. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The two hits are not even close to similar IMO.  I expect a fine for Jones and a long suspension for Burfict a repeat offender

You bring nothing to our site. Do you not have a NE board you and the other Pats fans can discuss this? 

Jones did it intentionally. He showed approval for is actions by the way he represented himself after he saw Allen hurt.

The culture at NE has been there since BB took over. 

Burfict is being suspended for his previous actions. It’s too bad the league doesn’t hold a coach responsible for his teams actions for dirty plays. 

When I think of some of the dirtiest players over the past 20 years, the Pats have had a ton of them. ‘Win at all costs’ the NE Way. Good to see BB teaching his son the same approach. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

awww Poor Raiders 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27735755/oakland-raiders-vontaze-burfict-suspended-rest-season

The 29-year-old Burfict received 13 suspensions and fines in seven seasons with the Cincinnati Bengalsbefore signing with the Raiders as a free agent this offseason. Two of the suspensions were for illegal hits, totaling six games.

This is Burfict's first season with the Raiders, and he was named a team captain.