Why did we abandon the no-huddle offense?

gjv001

It appeared to me that going to the no-huddle offense at the start of the 3rd quarter was working well. It seemed to give Allen more time at the line of scrimmage to evaluate the Pats defense, not to mention it stymied the Pats substitutions. I haven't heard the question asked yet, but I would hope someone does ask it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gjv001 said:

It appeared to me that going to the no-huddle offense at the start of the 3rd quarter was working well. It seemed to give Allen more time at the line of scrimmage to evaluate the Pats defense, not to mention it stymied the Pats substitutions. I haven't heard the question asked yet, but I would hope someone does ask it.

the Patriots cheap shorted Allen and Barkley not ready to run Tempo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanMike said:

The refs kept holding us up. Made the no huddle ineffective because they were allowing the Pats to line up before we could snap the ball. 

Be that as it may, the no-huddle was working well.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Because if you let JA handle the no huddle he'll just throw the long ball even though the back is open in the flat or Zay has won on a Slant. They can't give any freedom to JA until he learns to take what's there.

That's not what happened at the start of the 3rd quarter when they ran the no-huddle.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

didn’t we only go no huddle for the opening drive of the 3rd quarter? 

i only noticed it for a bit too.  not that i was paying mega close attention to the game where i was, but i only noticed it once.

I wondered this as well.   We saw a lot more of this in the Jets game as well, and it was working.   They don't run the no huddle to confuse the defense, as much as to lock a favorable matchup on the field and most importantly it seems to give Josh time to scan the field and make better decisions with the ball.    I was hoping they would have relied on it more in the second half.