1st quarter of the season is over...thoughts

Dopey

Thoughts, hmmm,

Our D is really good, our O is not really good, we only have two good WRs, and our 2nd year QB is not applying what he is being taught, he is doing better than last year, but... our O line needs further improvements. Is Bates an option at RT ???

In a nut shell that’s the deal, at the 1/4 mark it could certainly be worse, 3 & 1 is nothing to whimper about, we need to get the O working better, we all know that.  What the coaches and players do about the short falls will be interesting to see. Fingers crossed for Josh.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

3-1 with a very good looking defense, I'm happy with where they are at. Obviously a big step back on offense this game, but the pats defense is playing at an extremely high level. 

Maybe the concussion will be a good thing for Allen. He needs some time to sit and realize the hero ball nonsense is almost always hurting the team. Take a sack, throw it away, anything but these terrible throws and big hits. I think Barkley can get a win in Tenn, then get healthy over the bye, and let's roll. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

It’s an 11 win football team. 

anything less is a failure 

Are you serious? Where do you get the idea that this is an 11 win team?  It’s a competitive team that may be ascending out of the middle of the pack. 11 wins? There were 7 teams in the entire NFL with 11 or more wins last year. We need to manage expectations...

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Are you serious? Where do you get the idea that this is an 11 win team?  It’s a competitive team that may be ascending out of the middle of the pack. 11 wins? There were 7 teams in the entire NFL with 11 or more wins last year. We need to manage expectations...

Why?

Why do WE need to manage expectations? People say this constantly but never explain why?

Perhaps SOME are too weak to handle disappointment. Not ALL are.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Why?

Why do WE need to manage expectations? People say this constantly but never explain why?

Why? Because I live in the real world. And because I’d rather enjoy the ride than set myself up for disappointment when my unrealistic hopes are dashed. Do you fall into a deep depression when that scratch off lottery ticket doesn’t have a line of treasure chests?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm happy where we are right now.  The defense is dominant.  Allen has had ups and downs as I expected he would as a young second year QB.  I like his moxie in brining the team back in fourth quarter drives, I don't like seeing him makes the same type of mistakes each game - he has to show he's learning from past errors soon.  I think the O line play has been spotty, but anticipate improvement as the season progresses.  Special teams also are spotty.

I anticipate a playoff berth based on what I've seen so far.

Oldmanfan rocks!

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Why? Because I live in the real world. And because I’d rather enjoy the ride than set myself up for disappointment when my unrealistic hopes are dashed. Do you fall into a deep depression when that scratch off lottery ticket doesn’t have a line of treasure chests?

No, because I don't play the lottery.

But I refuse to let my hope be diminished out of fear. Try it sometime.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why?

Joe in Winslow, good post but I miss your old picture!

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have been away from all forms of communication since the beginning of the season and just able to read posts for the first time today. So, judging by what I see on this board, I am assuming the Bills are 0-4 and Josh Allen is a bust. Is that correct?

Same old TBD!

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's only a football game, don't get emotionally scarred for life over this stuff!

• Like (+1) 1

O-line is much improved.  They are made to look bad at times by Allen's unwillingness to get the ball out on time. Inconsistent play from the receivers has impacted Allen and the o-line at times.  It is a mystery to me as to why Zay Jones ever sees the field.  He is pathetic.  The defense is as good as we all hoped they would be.  It would be good to get more sacks but overall we should be pretty pleased.  Special teams still need a lot of work.  Our punter is just plain bad and he should have been replaced.  House Money has been anything but that also.  The biggest problem right now appears to be Allen's inability or unwillingness to avoid boneheaded plays.  Two weeks in a row he took big losses on third down which took the team out of field goal range.  He continues to throw into tight double and triple coverage, giving up game changing interceptions.  If he's too stubborn or dumb to figure out that he is hurting the team, they should bench him for a while.  His bad decisions more than offset any of the great plays that he makes.  That needs to change.......

And then there is Frank Gore.  He has been much more than I ever expected him to be.  No doubt that he should be a first year hall of fame inductee when he hangs it up.  I love watching the guy play.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

No, because I don't play the lottery.

But I refuse to let my hope be diminished out of fear. Try it sometime.

What “fear”? I enjoyed yesterday’s game. A young upstart team had an awful start, didn’t give up, and gave the world champs a run for their money, making their 42 year old QB look like a 42 year old QB. Any reasonable person would have expected this to go in the L column. Those 11-5 or bust fans are crushed. I’m happy! 

• Like (+1) 1