Why the Zay Hate?

Virgil

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Just a below average reciever. Does nothing well. Bust of a 2nd round pick who wouldn't be starting on any other NFL team.

Hoping they make a trade for a Diggs or Green before the deadline but don't expect it.

I saw the Diggs thread. I just got to ask.  Why would a team that has SB aspirations trade a really good wr? I’d love Diggs, I just don’t get why it makes sense for Minny.

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

The Zay hate is pathological. 

For previous examples, consult the Stephen Gilmour hate of years past. 

Gilmore was a top 10 lock at CB for most of the duration of his time here. Zay has looked fringe roster material since he has arrived. No development and he has honestly regressed since last years “breakout” (56 receptions, 7 tds, 652 yards on 102!!!!! Targets is not good)

Zay has earned his criticisms. He isn’t good enough simple as that 

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can someone please tell me what Zay did, or didn’t do, yesterday to call for the hate?  I see people saying cut him immediately.  

I can’t remember a play with him where I thought he was the reason we sucked.  The guy isn’t even out there that much.  

Overall, he hasn’t lived up to his draft status and physical traits, but I don’t see how yesterday was the deal breaker.  

What am I missing?

apparently because Josh Allen is the more "favored child."  Due to this, Zay gets blamed for not catching the wildly inaccurate passes that Allen throws to him.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I didn't hate Gilmour, I just thought he gave up on plays and should have been better when her was here

The drumbeat of "Gilmour sucks!" and "He's a bust!" and "He takes plays off" and "He can't tackle" and "He's the worst cornerback in the league" was deafening. 

This is part of Bills fan displacement syndrome. There's always a scapegoat, one player the fans focus on whom to unload all their frustrations. There's usually enough truth in their accusations to keep the pot boiling, but at least 75% of their bitching is displacement. 

The other players on the team should be glad that Zay is on the squad. The minute he is gone it will be someone else's turn in the barrel. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Yet Knox made a contested catch at the end of the first half and Smoke made one with Gilmore all over him. When was the last time Jones made a similar catch?

The fact that Knox and Jones (the #1 QB and TE's) made amazing catches does not make Zay bad.  No team is full of #1 WR's.  

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can someone please tell me what Zay did, or didn’t do, yesterday to call for the hate?  I see people saying cut him immediately.  

I can’t remember a play with him where I thought he was the reason we sucked.  The guy isn’t even out there that much.  

Overall, he hasn’t lived up to his draft status and physical traits, but I don’t see how yesterday was the deal breaker.  

What am I missing?

What you are missing Is that he is an average WR on his very best day,  has mediocre hands, and has an established history of  dropping passes, no real capacity to bring down a contested catch, does not present himself to be a useful target, he is a jag and needs to be a# 4 or 5 option,  not # 3, and is not really  worth defending.  Zay is just not that good. We have all watched him be kinda sucky most of the time. I could go on, but I suspect you get my point. Zay is likely a good guy, but so was JPL.

Go Bills!!!