Why the Zay Hate?

Virgil

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can someone please tell me what Zay did, or didn’t do, yesterday to call for the hate?  I see people saying cut him immediately.  

I can’t remember a play with him where I thought he was the reason we sucked.  The guy isn’t even out there that much.  

Overall, he hasn’t lived up to his draft status and physical traits, but I don’t see how yesterday was the deal breaker.  

What am I missing?

or how about your Punt And Kick Returner has done more at WR than Zay Jones has this year 

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe because he doesn't do anything but take up space.  Can't catch consistently.  Doesn't even attempt to go for contested balls.  Doesn't even attempt to tackle a defender who picks off a pass.  A better question may be what has he ever done to help this team in his entire career?  Absolutely nothing.  He hurts us more than he helps.  And it's not even close.  You simply cannot be a WR in this league and not be able to catch the ball.

Edited by Mark80

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Two of Allen’s three interceptions were thrown Zays way. While neither of them were his fault, he made no attempt to attack the ball or make a play on it. He watched as the DB broke for the ball. It’s just additional evidence of his inability to adjust for the ball/make a play on it. 

He also high pointed the endzone throw from Barkley, got two hands on it and it didn’t bring it in.

Honestly.  (w/o the video readily at hand) were they really sure fired TD's?    Was the Pats D just that good yesterday? 

Just because.  ;) I

tend to try to keep a mental count on passes in Zays general area.

Of the 8 "targeted" passes I'd guess at least 4 of those were uncatchable balls. 2 hit his hands and he caught 2 short passes.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Strong take haha.  I’m sure every fan base has a player they feel that way about.  The Eagles had a backup cb who got murdered by Adams on Thursday. He was really bad. 

Not just that guy, but ALL of them, Darby included have been RIPPED around here. They're THAT bad.

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You’re not wrong about people targeting someone with anger. That being said, Zay has had some issues throughout his career.

to your comparison, possession receivers catch the football. 

But being completely honest has Zay had a QB who throws like an NFL QB? The QBs he's played with make you make tough catches every play. Speed and angle and location are important.

BTW I should get off this because last time I stood up for Zay I got a ban.

11 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Bills fans always pick on guy to target their anger and it's Zay for now. If I'm Zay I play the season out and get to a team with a pocket QB like Robert Woods and become a very good number 2 receiver.

Zay Jones in no way resembles Robert Woods.  Therefore if Zay finds a similar QB situation - he'll never be the WR Woods is.  

• Like (+1) 1