Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

4th most yards passing in the NFL. I wish we had a QB as finished as Brady. 

(Not a knock on Josh. He's awesome. Just saying, I've seen this Brady is finished thread before.)

He has been in steady decline since the Bills game.   He gets 30 yards when he throws a 5 yard pass. He is the worst QB in the NFL when pressured. I posted a link to a great article on his decline in one of these threads. You should read it. 

he is still pretty good but his arm doesn’t have it anymore really. That defense is keeping them going. Not Brady. 

Edited by Scott7975

Pro Football Focus ranks New England's special teams as the second best of 2019. The offense, however, has been underwhelming. The Patriots are averaging just two points per drive, the fifth-lowest rate for the franchise since Coach Bill Belichick took over in 2000.6 days ago
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He definitely appears diminished.  The defense and coaching are elite.  

If NE wins the Superbowl, I would be shocked if he tries to return for 2020.  No matter what, I also expect the Patriots to immediately get serious about the replacement, unless they are grooming Stidham.  

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Tom Brady doesn't look like the Tom Brady of even last year imo. I do believe we are finally starting to see the decline in play. If I remember correctly this is how it was the 2014 season towards the end of the year for Manning and then in 2015 he just completely nosedived. It could be that he and the offense miss a weapon like Gronk that much, but I happen to think it is more than that. There isn't enough avocado icecream in the world to stave off Father Time.  

been hearing this since 2012 or so

EVERYONE knows he is in decline, this is no secret you are holding

or do you have people in your life insisting Tom will still be the best QB even in 2030?

the problem is he STILL wins even as he declines

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

been hearing this since 2012 or so

EVERYONE knows he is in decline, this is no secret you are holding

or do you have people in your life insisting Tom will still be the best QB even in 2030?

the problem is he STILL wins even as he declines

Image result for he's an angry elf gif

• Haha (+1) 1

He also has the worst compliment of skill players I’ve seen in awhile, especially with Edelman banged up all season and likely on the decline himself.

Odd that they got rid of Gordon but-

They had Newhouse starting at LT

The ground game hasn’t been great in supporting him 

No Gronkowski, No more Gordon for whatever reason, N’Keal Harry was banged up most of the season, Sanu was injured, Dorsett injured...

Lots of factors into Tom’s “decline”

7 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

He also has the worst compliment of skill players I’ve seen in awhile, especially with Edelman banged up all season and likely on the decline himself.

Odd that they got rid of Gordon but-

They had Newhouse starting at LT

The ground game hasn’t been great in supporting him 

No Gronkowski, No more Gordon for whatever reason, N’Keal Harry was banged up most of the season, Sanu was injured, Dorsett injured...

Lots of factors into Tom’s “decline”

Yeah this. The 4th most yards in the NFL right now Tom Brady...imagine how awful he'd be if AB wasn't a nutjob. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tom Brady complains about officials stopping clock in last second of win over Cowboys

Brady irked when officials don't bend rules for Pats

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady-complains-about-officials-stopping-clock-in-last-second-of-win-over-cowboys-022057686.html

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 9:26 AM, YoloinOhio said:

In addition to playing like *****, Brady looked miserable during the game yesterday, lacked the fire he usually shows. He doesn’t appear to be having fun. He doesn’t look or sound like the same player. Interesting that he mentions in this interview  the mental and physical grind taking a toll - it’s only week 4. He can see he’s playing 3 more years as much as he wants but I don’t buy it right now. 

U called it yolo 

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’ve been beating this drum too. People called me insane. Brady just can’t make the throws anymore like he use too. Texans showed how to beat them. Cover White with a DB and double Edelman. Make Brady beat you by finding another open receiver. 

Mid way last season I noticed he lost the mid to deep ball. Take the short quick stuff away and you beat them. 

• Like (+1) 1