Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Remind me?

I'm old!

We discussed Brady at length. It's possible he'll turn it around, but it looks like he has finally lost that tiny margin for error in terms of arm strength as well as becoming really gun shy. Kind of a chicken/egg thing.

It's also entirely possible he'll get that 7th ring, and his decline this season won't mean a whole lot in terms of his legacy.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Am I the only one that hopes Brady is playing a little better than we are seeing him get credit for? 

if he’s hot trash and the pats are rolling that’s not a good thing for us

He's not hot trash this year, but is regressing.

The offense he's running and his ability to execute it is the same as it has always been; the major difference being he wants to get the ball out even quicker now, is losing arm strength each year, and wants to take a hit less and less as the years go by.  This is just the factor of Father Time having his way with Brady, and will ultimately defeat him.  The number of teams that can beat their offense varies from year to year; this year, the NFC has a couple of teams that can beat NE, the AFC has maybe one.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:26 AM, YoloinOhio said:

In addition to playing like *****, Brady looked miserable during the game yesterday, lacked the fire he usually shows. He doesn’t appear to be having fun. He doesn’t look or sound like the same player. Interesting that he mentions in this interview  the mental and physical grind taking a toll - it’s only week 4. He can see he’s playing 3 more years as much as he wants but I don’t buy it right now. 

Bored with all the winning.  @SchoppLife 

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

image.jpeg.22c2155b0b0bca50d52b4eacd71b3d3b.jpeg

Brady: 3 league MVP's, 6 SB wins, 4 SB MVP's.

Yeah, he can check out, like no other ever will.

I will never forgive Pete Carrol and Shanahan for throwing away Super Bowls against this ahole.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 6

Yolo, iirc you have an athletic subscription. 

Michael Lombardi addressed the decline of Brady, Brees and Rivers this season. 

https://theathletic.com/1401898/2019/11/22/from-the-gms-eye-is-father-time-finally-winning-its-battle-against-tom-brady-drew-brees-and-philip-rivers/

He’s is a bit of a Patriots homer (having worked for them). He has tons of respect for NE. So take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway... he claims the blame is more on Brady’s o line and wide receivers. He says when he had his starting left tackle + center + AB he was putting up his usual numbers. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://theathletic.com/1401898/2019/11/22/from-the-gms-eye-is-father-time-finally-winning-its-battle-against-tom-brady-drew-brees-and-philip-rivers/

He’s is a bit of a Patriots homer (having worked for them). He has tons of respect for NE. So take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway... he claims the blame is more on Brady’s o line and wide receivers. He says when he had his starting left tackle + center + AB he was putting up his usual numbers. 

Well that cant be true.  I was told that a franchise QB doesn't need anybody.  He lifts the team around him.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

That could certainly be the case. Whatever the reason, he looks different and acts different imo

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He's not hot trash this year, but is regressing.

The offense he's running and his ability to execute it is the same as it has always been; the major difference being he wants to get the ball out even quicker now, is losing arm strength each year, and wants to take a hit less and less as the years go by.  This is just the factor of Father Time having his way with Brady, and will ultimately defeat him.  The number of teams that can beat their offense varies from year to year; this year, the NFC has a couple of teams that can beat NE, the AFC has maybe one.

I used the phrase hot trash a little tongue in cheek. 

my point being that replacing Brady’s contribution is getting easier and they are still the top of the pile. hopefully the teams trend begins to align with his 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

You shouldn’t.  Don’t forgive Russell Wilson either 

Had the best running back in short yardage in there and decided to throw instead. Probably the coaches call there to throw it. 

Pretty sure lynch even said so.

Not Wilsons fault. 

Edited by The Wiz

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I will never forgive Pete Carrol and Shanahan for throwing away Super Bowls against this ahole.

And Mike friggin Martz for just not feeding Marshall Faulk.  Do that and they win going away.  Friggin a-hole

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Am I the only one that hopes Brady is playing a little better than we are seeing him get credit for? 

if he’s hot trash and the pats are rolling that’s not a good thing for us

That worries me as well. The one season in the dynasty that he didn't play they still went 11-5. I largely attributed that to a stellar surrounding cast, but they have a way of making JAGs look like stars. News of their impending demise may be greatly exaggerated.

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Peyton was still good up until his last year when he looked completely shot. I just assume Brady will suddenly turn it on during the playoffs until I see otherwise. 

Actually the decline of Peyton started about week 10 or 11 of the previous season. At the time the line was a quad injury was affecting his velocity because he couldn't really step into his throws. The truth was father time had arrived. 

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The helmet catch was kind of fluky and the drop by Welker was uncharacteristic.  He could have eight titles or he could have four.  All I know is if he loses in the SB this year Kelly is no longer the only QB with four SB losses.

9 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

We discussed Brady at length. It's possible he'll turn it around, but it looks like he has finally lost that tiny margin for error in terms of arm strength as well as becoming really gun shy. Kind of a chicken/egg thing.

It's also entirely possible he'll get that 7th ring, and his decline this season won't mean a whole lot in terms of his legacy.

Peyton won in Denver unable to throw more than 15 yards 

its called squeezing every drop out of the roster and playing in a year when there is nobody confident or powerful to take it away from you

• Thank you (+1) 1