Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It ain't so. I don't see where he was under 50% yesterday.

Well, he was before I fell asleep.   

While no longer possessing the top spot in the AFC, the Patriots have bigger concerns with their sputtering offense, which showed consistent signs of life only late in the fourth quarter when the Texans seemed to let down.

Brady finished 24-of-47 for 326 yards, with three touchdowns and one interception against the Texans, but that hardly reflects how much of a struggle it was. The pick came in the first quarter on a slant route to rookie receiver N'Keal Harry at New England's 28-yard line, with Texans cornerback Bradley Roby making an exceptional play that was a turning point. The Texans quickly turned it into a touchdown to go ahead 7-3, and never trailed again.

51.063 is still pretty poor

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28208136/offense-sputters-again-patriots-lose-grip-top-seed-afc

Brady was 7-of-19 for 82 yards at halftime.

According to ESPN Stats & Information research, the 36.8 completion percentage matched the lowest in a first half in Brady's 20-year career (minimum 15 attempts). He had been 7-of-19 in the first half of two other games prior to Sunday night, and the Patriots had rallied from halftime deficits to win both of those games.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

It was obvious last year that he was in serious decline.

The Pats****** knew it then, and made the run game their focus. It's even more obvious now.

He's still a good QB. Honestly. But he's not going to win games with his arm anymore.

And Tom is not under contract for 2020 

PRAISE THE LORD 

• Like (+1) 1

Blame everyone but Tommy right?

Tom Brady frustrated all night

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-bradys-frustration-boils-over-as-patriots-take-bad-loss-to-texans-043601647.html

On Sunday night, there was no more hiding his emotions. All Sunday night, NBC’s cameras showed Brady coming off the field looking like he was about to explode. Once, he was shown yelling at his receivers, and it looked like a lot of his ire was being directed at Phillip Dorsett.

Brady yelling at his teammates was easy for everyone to see. Amateur lip readers on social media ascertained that Brady was telling his receivers they needed to be “faster, quicker, more explosive.” That was the easy part to see for anyone watching at home, as was Sanu’s bad drop.

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Brady after loss to Texans: 'We're not 2-10. We're 10-2'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083248/article/brady-after-loss-to-texans-were-not-210-were-102

mumble mouth looks soooo happy 

:D  :lol: 

Listening to the arrogant ass Belichek after a loss is as painful as when he wins, why even bother "interviewing:" him.

• Like (+1) 1

It was obvious last year that he was in serious decline.

The Pats****** knew it then, and made the run game their focus. It's even more obvious now.

He's still a good QB. Honestly. But he's not going to win games with his arm anymore.

Not with those receivers and that line.

They say when it isn't fun any more it's time to leave & it for sure didn't look like Tom was having any fun last night, but after all the fun he's had in the past he deserves a bit of down time to make up for it !! Even though they are still 10 & 2 .

I think the Pats are on the phone this morning trying to figure out how to get AB back in the fold it was very apparent that the only real weapon Brady has is Edelman & they take him away & have no where else to go Brady has the time but no others to throw to .

I will never count him out though he is as resilient as they come but i think we can beat them this next go round !! 

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not with those receivers and that line.

His line is fine; matter of fact he's got all day a lot of the time.

Back when he was TOM BRADY, those WRs would've been fine. He did more with Reche Caldwell, David Givens, and Deion Branch than he's doing with Julian Edelman and multiple first round picks like Dorsett and Harry.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Back when he was TOM BRADY, those WRs would've been fine. He did more with Reche Caldwell, David Givens, and Deion Branch than he's doing with Julian Edelman and multiple first round picks like Dorsett and Harry.

This.  

Sanu Edelman white and Dorsett are as good or better than we have. 

41 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

“Checked out” lol wishful thinking 

"Checked out" is not the words I would use.  He does seem to be showing his age though.

Sundays game in KC should show a lot where this is going.

Tommy has been the greatest for so long that maybe even a small reversal of that can cause a lot of issues with that team.

A KC curb stomping and the future could be interesting.

respectfully disagree. Obviously Brady's skills are declining, but he was sacked 3 times, hit a lot and hurried often last night. Edelman still puts up the numbers, the other's aren't yet. Not sure who's fault, but they aren't connecting.

12 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

A buddy of mine from Boston who is the only actual pats fan I know has been telling me since week four that Brady looks his age. 

A quote from that same friend of mine in Boston this morning: “Brady looking like late career Marino bitching and complaining at receivers.”

say he is a baby.... but Belichick takes losing as a personal slight.  The guy will go into the lab and work even harder now to beat Bill OBrien and the Texans.  I admire that.  I would also think if I was a fan of a team of a coach who hates losing that much, I would feel like they were in good hands.  It does reek of poor sportsmanship, but Belichick doesnt really need to apologize to anybody.  

I still think Belichick is responsible for 85% of the Patriots' success, and it is quite possible that he finds another impressionable, intelligent quarterback with moderate tools.  The Pats should have 100% gone with Jimmy G... thankfully they didnt.  Belichick should have taken his ball and went home TBH.

I have noticed that Brady is participating in far more 'fun' and 'candid' interview pieces/features where he 'lets down his guard' and tries to be likeable.  From a distance, it appears as though he is lining up some PR for post-career to help shape his legacy and/or a job post-playing 

The end game reaction was typical of BB and happens on the occasional time that they lose. He tries to head straight off the field to the locker rooms unless the other coach is able to get to him first. After a win he will sometimes try and find the other coach to shake hands. He has done this for as long as I can remember.

As for Brady, don't fool yourself, if Josh was yelling at his players to do things and get better while they were losing or sputtering, people here would be praising him for being a great leader and showing a hatred for losing. 

39 minutes ago, klos63 said:

respectfully disagree. Obviously Brady's skills are declining, but he was sacked 3 times, hit a lot and hurried often last night. Edelman still puts up the numbers, the other's aren't yet. Not sure who's fault, but they aren't connecting.

I know his WRs aren't great, but when you get nearly 3.5 seconds to throw the ball, you've got to do something with it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1201365651425611776?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet