Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

Let the drum roll of excuses begin. Brady's apologists on ESPN and elsewhere will turn out in force today. It's anyone's but the whiner's fault. Plenty of QBs have lousy receivers, but to the "experts" they're inept compared to Holy Tom. I see an aging, frightened loser back there willing to blame everyone but himself. Did you see him yelling at his receivers? Can you imagine Allen doing that? I hope he continues playing for three more years of increasingly mediocre play. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, finn said:

Let the drum roll of excuses begin. Brady's apologists on ESPN and elsewhere will turn out in force today. It's anyone's but the whiner's fault. Plenty of QBs have lousy receivers, but to the "experts" they're inept compared to Holy Tom. I see an aging, frightened loser back there willing to blame everyone but himself. Did you see him yelling at his receivers? Can you imagine Allen doing that? I hope he continues playing for three more years of increasingly mediocre play. 

Tom use to make good receivers look great. Now he needs great receivers so he can look good. Tom isn’t the same quarterback he was . He is also playing scared. Anyone else see the play in the second half near Houston’s goal line where Brady threw the ball and then jumped down? Pretty sad. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He should retire. I always hate when a great player plays to long. He is done. Walk away 

He really should. When The thought of getting hurt starts to take over your decision making, it is time to get out. You can’t play scared, it hurts your performance which hurts your team and ultimately it could get you hurt. 

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Tom use to make good receivers look great. Now he needs great receivers so he can look good. Tom isn’t the same quarterback he was . He is also playing scared. Anyone else see the play in the second half near Houston’s goal line where Brady threw the ball and then jumped down? Pretty sad. 

He really should. When The thought of getting hurt starts to take over your decision making, it is time to get out. You can’t play scared, it hurts your performance which hurts your team and ultimately it could get you hurt. 

I also thinks he wants to play so long because if the TB12 Business. His length of his career is the ultimate selling point. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To be fair, my dislike of Brady has less to do with his behavior or play than the media adulation he's received over the years. Over a decade of my life listening to how perfect he is in all respects of football and life. I live in New England, where the local beatification picks up where the national deification leaves off. Nauseating. 

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He should retire. I always hate when a great player plays to long. He is done. Walk away 

I agree but this one will be the exception  I hope he's relegated to playing for some bottom dweller and the media finally quick polishing his johnson  I hate the guy.  He's been a great player but the media is too much  Kind of how anything Lamar Jackson does now is spectacular. A five yard dumpoff is spectacular when Lamar does it.

• Like (+1) 4

I read a good article a few years ago (tried to find it and couldn't) in which the author detailed an incredibly rapid decline in play, the last year or two of their career, for almost every great QB who played (I think post 1980). It was interesting how very few had a gradual decline. Most just "fell off a cliff," statistically speaking, in their last year or two.