Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

6-3 in Super Bowls < 4-0. 

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say absolutely not.

How in the world is 6 rings and 9 SB appearances a lesser achievement than 4 rings in 4 tries? We're not talking about a batting title here.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah, I don't understand the point. He'll check out the same as pretty much every QB to have played the position; on his last legs.

Not quite sure what his career has to do with THIS SEASON. He's the G.O.A.T. in my personal opinion. But he's pretty much done. Both statements can be true.

Brady is pretty much done. What more is there for him to accomplish. He has had a career that most QB's could only dream about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Tiger collapsed catastrophically... seems a lot of the compulsion and obsession that fuel greatness interact with human flaws to cause stumbles too. 

he has worked himself back into the mix though. 

cheering for him as always

my point was about those badmouthing him every week during the prime of his career

yay....

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

10 championships is still 10 championships.  

you cannot diminish them with praise for Tainted Tom 

Remember the Putz got 11 wins with Meh Cassel. 
He didn’t do squat for Buffalo and he totally sucked when he had to play in Dallas.  

Brisset and Garoppolo also won a number of games when Tommy was banned for deflate gate 

The "but Cassel won 11 games years ago!" take has always been so lame.  It was also the only season in the past 16 years they didn't make the playoffs.

The "number of games" that Garoppolo and Brisset won is "3", combined.

How many HOF players did Yogi play with?  9 year after year on the same team.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The "but Cassel won 11 games years ago!" take has always been so lame.  It was also the only season in the past 16 years they didn't make the playoffs.

And didn't BB go 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe and start the next season 0-2? I think BB was also a HC in Cleveland, but these are just pesky facts that get in the way of a narrative. 

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

And didn't BB go 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe and start the next season 0-2? I think BB was also a HC in Cleveland, but these are just pesky facts that get in the way of a narrative. 

Lombardi has some rough years as coach, so that ruins all his accomplishments to you?

you can look him up...

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Lombardi has some rough years as coach, so that ruins all his accomplishments to you?

you can look him up...

My point wasn't to diminish BB as a HC. I think he may very well be the best of all time. My point was to highlight the fact that BB didn't start winning until he found his QB(Brady). There are people who claim that TB is merely a product of the system and that BB could win with anyone. That narrative is defied by factual history.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

My point wasn't to diminish BB as a HC. I think he may very well be the best of all time. My point was to highlight the fact that BB didn't start winning until he found his QB(Brady). There are people who claim that TB is merely a product of the system and that BB could win with anyone. That narrative is defied by factual history.

To be fair, BB inherited a 3 win Browns team and made  it into an 11-5 team and a playoff win with Testeverde and Leroy Hoard.....

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

6-3 in Super Bowls < 4-0. 

Why?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

To be fair, BB inherited a 3 win Browns team and made  it into an 11-5 team and a playoff win with Testeverde and Leroy Hoard.....

That's totally fair. My OVERALL point is that there are people who legitimately believe that Charlie Whitehurst could win SB's with BB as HC. It's nonsense and a desperate attempt to diminish what Brady has accomplished. They always conveniently leave out the Bledsoe season as well as his time with the Browns.

Is Brady more important? Is BB more important? I don't know. You could make a strong case for either IMO.

Kind of strange to be defending TB whilst proclaiming him done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

11 wins isn’t good enough OK

When you have to cheat at least 3 times and have the Refs at your back (Tuck Rule) 

poo poo that all you want. *** will remain attached to them. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

11 wins isn’t good enough OK

When you have to cheat at least 3 times and have the Refs at your back (Tuck Rule) 

poo poo that all you want. *** will remain attached to them. 

11 wins wasn't good enough, no.

wtf?  LOL

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Belichick also won 2 SBs as Parcells's defensive coordinator, one we might remember well. 

You say it's a narrative like it's a speculative Internet theory born from Twatter. Belichick's record as NFL head coach is incomparable, even with a few seasons where he didn't make the playoffs. To point to his very few seasons of where he was not doing well as some kind of counterpoint is weak sauce. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Belichick also won 2 SBs as Parcells's defensive coordinator, one we might remember well. 

You say it's a narrative like it's a speculative Internet theory born from Twatter. Belichick's record as NFL head coach is incomparable, even with a few seasons where he didn't make the playoffs. To point to his very few seasons of where he was not doing well as some kind of counterpoint is weak sauce. 

Did you miss the part where I said BB may very well be the best HC of all time? Because it seems like you did.

Tom Brady remains confused about the failure of his clock-killing throw to kill the clock

Hey Tom  Take a :censored: knee!!!!! 

that will end it 

OR    Snap the ball,   run back 5 yards and slide 

21 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Did you miss the part where I said BB may very well be the best HC of all time? Because it seems like you did.

Constant blatant cheaters should not get respect 

Tom Brady doesn't look like the Tom Brady of even last year imo. I do believe we are finally starting to see the decline in play. If I remember correctly this is how it was the 2014 season towards the end of the year for Manning and then in 2015 he just completely nosedived. It could be that he and the offense miss a weapon like Gronk that much, but I happen to think it is more than that. There isn't enough avocado icecream in the world to stave off Father Time.  

9 minutes ago, Plano said:

Brady is finished, This should be his last year unless he wants to be replaced next season. He is holding the offense back.

4th most yards passing in the NFL. I wish we had a QB as finished as Brady. 

(Not a knock on Josh. He's awesome. Just saying, I've seen this Brady is finished thread before.)

Edited by Sundancer