Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

Pats are dead for the 80th time now?

it will happen some day

it did for Tiger Woods, maybe, lots of pinheads in my life attacked  every win by him by telling me he had to fall apart eventually

such a great insight.... that’s why they never achieved much in school or work...

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Pats are dead for the 80th time now?

it will happen some day

it did for Tiger Woods, maybe, lots of pinheads in my life attacked  every win by him by telling me he had to fall apart eventually

such a great insight.... that’s why they never achieved much in school or work...

Tiger collapsed catastrophically... seems a lot of the compulsion and obsession that fuel greatness interact with human flaws to cause stumbles too. 

he has worked himself back into the mix though. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

We discussed Brady at length. It's possible he'll turn it around, but it looks like he has finally lost that tiny margin for error in terms of arm strength as well as becoming really gun shy. Kind of a chicken/egg thing.

It's also entirely possible he'll get that 7th ring, and his decline this season won't mean a whole lot in terms of his legacy.

His numbers were very solid last season, so I disagreed.  But this year he does look off.  Dumping a lot of passes.  Edelman is the best pass catcher of the middle ever and he's dropping balls.  They aren't using Sanu at all. 

Oh well--Brady's obituary has been written on this site for at least 7 or 8 years without interruption.  We shall see...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Two entirely different sports, and even more so what does this accomplish? Brady is the goat of NFL QB’s rn (stats and rings) and there is really nothing we can do but wait until he retires..

10 championships is still 10 championships.  

you cannot diminish them with praise for Tainted Tom 

Remember the Putz got 11 wins with Meh Cassel. 
He didn’t do squat for Buffalo and he totally sucked when he had to play in Dallas.  

Brisset and Garoppolo also won a number of games when Tommy was banned for deflate gate 

16 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

image.jpeg.22c2155b0b0bca50d52b4eacd71b3d3b.jpeg

Brady: 3 league MVP's, 6 SB wins, 4 SB MVP's.

Yeah, he can check out, like no other ever will.

Yeah, I don't understand the point. He'll check out the same as pretty much every QB to have played the position; on his last legs.

Not quite sure what his career has to do with THIS SEASON. He's the G.O.A.T. in my personal opinion. But he's pretty much done. Both statements can be true.

• Like (+1) 3

Brady and NE have set expectations extremely high......I think Brady is #8 in passing yards so far this season.....and they are 9-1.....yet, we see multitude of article asking what is wrong with them ......talk about being victim of their own success....For the last 5-6 years, we see threads about NE or Brady being done...we all know how that turned out....The collapse will happen....hopefully soon....but I can easily see them getting to their 9th consecutive AFCCG.....I can see them at 14-2 or even 15-1....they should be favorite in all 6 remaining games....pretty much every NFL team would sign up for this scenario....The " They are not as good as the last few years " theory if fine and dandy, but if that still makes them a top 4 team, does it really mean anything?...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, skibum said:

Brady can do whatever in the world he wants to do. If he was “checked out “, he would have retired. If he’s playing, he’s playing to win. Have you checked the AFC standings recently?

Just telling you what it looks like to me. And he looks checked out. Nothing to do with the standings or their SB potential, really

• Thank you (+1) 1

Actually reminds me a lot of Peyton's last season.  Denver won the whole thing, but it was clear the defense did the heavy lifting and Manning was out of gas.  I think Brady believed everything he said going into this season, but as the season goes on, this might be it.  I think Tom's just hoping to limp into another ring before he rides off into the sunset.  Have you seen the AFCE opponents next season?  No way he wants to run that gauntlet.  And even the division itself looks to give him more trouble.  TB may have been elusive, but no man escapes the ravages of age.  I honestly think this is it.

Just now, The Red King said:

Actually reminds me a lot of Peyton's last season.  Denver won the whole thing, but it was clear the defense did the heavy lifting and Manning was out of gas.  I think Brady believed everything he said going into this season, but as the season goes on, this might be it.  I think Tom's just hoping to limp into another ring before he rides off into the sunset.  Have you seen the AFCE opponents next season?  No way he wants to run that gauntlet.  And even the division itself looks to give him more trouble.  TB may have been elusive, but no man escapes the ravages of age.  I honestly think this is it.

The difference was that Peyton could barely complete a pass, was throwing twice as many picks as TD’s and got pseudobenched with an “injury” for half of the year.

5 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Two entirely different sports, and even more so what does this accomplish? Brady is the goat of NFL QB’s rn (stats and rings) and there is really nothing we can do but wait until he retires..

Force him into an early retirement?

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Brady and NE have set expectations extremely high......I think Brady is #8 in passing yards so far this season.....and they are 9-1.....yet, we see multitude of article asking what is wrong with them ......talk about being victim of their own success....For the last 5-6 years, we see threads about NE or Brady being done...

This is true, but I've always scoffed(which means very little as I'm one person).

Boy who cries wolf is eventually gonna see a wolf. 

Brady is as intense as any athlete I've ever watched. I can't see him ever checking out before he retires. I also suspect his HC will retire with him rather than risk tarnishing his reputation. Bellechik and Brady will always be remembered together. When one of their names comes up in conversation, the other will usually follow shortly thereafter.

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Brady is as intense as any athlete I've ever watched. I can't see him ever checking out before he retires. I also suspect his HC will retire with him rather than risk tarnishing his reputation. Bellechik and Brady will always be remembered together. When one of their names comes up in conversation, the other will usually follow shortly thereafter.

Belichick is determined to win a ring without Brady. I’d be very surprised if they bow out together.