Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s 42, won 6 SBs, just beat the Bills like always, and played awful.  Literally, I don’t think he really cares and it’s all about the playoffs at this point of his career.  He’s on autopilot and trying not to get hurt. 

Yep. The trying not to get hurt thing was always there, but it seemed pathological yesterday. The pressure was there, but it wasn’t intense. Not only doesn’t he want to get hurt. He doesn’t want to get sacked, or even touched. 

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

down to the Pats 39, oooooooooooooh, they should have just let them have the TD and the win.

gotta earn it....

OMG you sound stupid! The Pats escaped with a win because they were the vet team that didn’t make stupid mistakes to beat themselves!  If you were not sweating as a fan then you are a liar or delusional.. al I kept thinking was “great that missed extra point finally going bite us in the ass” 

They have been mostly ground and pound power 1 for a couple of years now. Without Devlin and behind that patchwork line Michel won't be the difference maker he was late last year. Brady will have to win with the passing game. They miss Gronk. Brady is still good but no longer elite. If Josh was on his game yesterday the Pats lose convincingly. IMO Josh is the real deal and he will eventually settle down. As soon as that happens its dynasty over.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

In addition to playing like *****, Brady looked miserable during the game yesterday, lacked the fire he usually shows. He doesn’t appear to be having fun. He doesn’t look or sound like the same player. Interesting that he mentions in this interview  the mental and physical grind taking a toll - it’s only week 4. He can see he’s playing 3 more years as much as he wants but I don’t buy it right now. 

Like I said many times- Brady is in decline- now he is realizing it. 

He's ticked off about losing Antonio Bryant, in combination with Gronk retiring, Edelman hurt, no other good depth, and his OL messed up. When he faces a quality D like Buffalo's, he knows he's in for a major struggle moving the ball. This game was a low point, and he's not enjoying it. Kudos to the Bills defense, that inside LB you have there is a beast.

Patriots absolutely sucked in all phases of the offense, including Brady's own decision making and execution, he was mediocre at best. Not sure I'd attribute it to age cause I've seen this in the past too at times.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

He's ticked off about losing Antonio Bryant, in combination with Gronk retiring, Edelman hurt, no other good depth, and his OL messed up. When he faces a quality D like Buffalo's, he knows he's in for a major struggle moving the ball. This game was a low point, and he's not enjoying it. Kudos to the Bills defense, that inside LB you have there is a beast.

Patriots absolutely sucked in all phases of the offense, including Brady's own decision making and execution, he was mediocre at best. Not sure I'd attribute it to age cause I've seen this in the past too at times.

Brady is ultra competitive.  I don't think he has anything left to prove, thus a possible lack of motivation on Brady's part.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Next tough one IMO be the Ravens in Baltimore.  As for the best TEAM who knows KC has the best O, Pats and Bills the best D’s.   I like the Pats chances against KC the D was built to slow down the KC O.

and Andy Reid choking away every close game, maybe the Chiefs can beat them by 28 though