Tom Brady looks and sounds “checked out” to me

YoloinOhio

In addition to playing like *****, Brady looked miserable during the game yesterday, lacked the fire he usually shows. He doesn’t appear to be having fun. He doesn’t look or sound like the same player. Interesting that he mentions in this interview  the mental and physical grind taking a toll - it’s only week 4. He can see he’s playing 3 more years as much as he wants but I don’t buy it right now. 

am frustrated when we don’t play well,” Brady said. “I am frustrated when we don’t score points. I am happy when we win. It’s a lot of mixed emotions. I think when you win a game it’s never like, ‘Man, I am 100 percent in great spirits.’ Certainly when you lose sometimes it’s not like I am 100 percent negative. I am trying to be realistic about how I felt out there with how the game was going and our rhythm. I am just dealing with a lot of different emotions, the ups and downs, the mental grind of the game, the physical grind of the game. It’s a lot of mixed emotions.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Maybe. But don't read so much into it. Star players are used to being... stars. The dude broke some passing yards and TD records. Besides one beautiful pass he looked as ordinary as any 2nd string QB in the league. The only steady drive they had ended in him throwing an INT. Our D frustrated him bad, and that's good ha ha. It's like if a team wins but as WR you had just one catch for 4 yards, or a RB that did 30 yards... yeah you won but you feel as you didn't do much yourself. If he says that week after week, then sure, it's a "sign". But after this? Nope

He is just playing for Records that will not be touched. Also why was he mad when Antonio Brown gets cut because it hurts HIS CHANCE to get the one thing that he MISSED on thanks to Eli and Giants. That Perfect Season. 

add that to wanting to hold all QB records (his ego) that is why he keeps coming back. He is playing for his individual stats at this point 

Edited by MAJBobby

I think his time is short, too.  Not impressive at all yesterday.  The wheel route to White (where defender had to turn his back) was the only impressive throw.  He might be nearing a point where he holds that team back, and he knows it.  Along those lines, I can see why they took a swing at AB.  I’m not impressed with their offensive weapons at all.  

I’m frustrated after yesterday but VERY optimistic.  Bottom line: our offense was horrible in the first half, and if we got a few small breaks/better officiating that game goes to overtime and we stand a good chance of winning.   Their D is stellar, but ours is every bit as good.  The guard is starting to change, and it might happen faster than a lot of people think.  

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s 42, won 6 SBs, just beat the Bills like always, and played awful.  Literally, I don’t think he really cares and it’s all about the playoffs at this point of his career.  He’s on autopilot and trying not to get hurt. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an NFL QB throw the ball away so quickly, at the first hint of pressure.  Maybe it’s the smart thing to do, but it looked like Brady made a lot of “business decisions” out there yesterday.  I mean, we really didn’t come close to sacking him, and the pass rush was pretty good.

Edited by mannc

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In addition to playing like *****, Brady looked miserable during the game yesterday, lacked the fire he usually shows. He doesn’t appear to be having fun. He doesn’t look or sound like the same player. Interesting that he mentions in this interview  the mental and physical grind taking a toll - it’s only week 4. He can see he’s playing 3 more years as much as he wants but I don’t buy it right now. 

You must not have seen him after the blocked punt TD.  They showed him on TV, all kinds of fired up.

Playing like ***** for someone of his stature will tend to make you more subdued, he was plenty pissed at himself and others.

Allen was playing like ***** too with all the mistakes.  Did you see him on the sidelines?  He was showing no fire either, and he is a young kid with a big fire in his belly.  

I wouldn't read too much into a player, any player, not being like coach McClappy all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For sure. Will be interesting to see what happens when they play an offense with a pulse (no offense to the Bills). KC is so much better than them.

Ya they should have lost yesterday to Detroit.  Detroit marches up and down on their D and coughed up the football.. one for a 99 yard TD.

their O is amazing their D isn’t half as good as the Bills heck I’d say not even a quarter as good! 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

NHL regular seasons are so bad.  Every sport besides football should shorten their seasons.

I was a big hockey fan. I am still, for sure, a HUGE playoff hockey fans. Last year I watched zero regular games in its entirety. Just bits here and there. It's like 2 different sports between regular games and playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1