QB A vs QB B

47 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I really miss the signature feature.

Among other things, my signature contained the @DC Tom quote that made me laugh the hardest.  He told @Meark: "Go eat your eggless mayonnaise."  I don't know why, but it killed me.

13 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I was being sarcastic and ready for the Woke people on here to say it. Check out what the Undefeated is doing: Chronicling what is going on with black QBs in the league. Rush Limbaugh said the media wants black QBs to succeed back in the day and got fired for it. He was 100000% right

Got it. At the time , I thought Limbaugh was full of it. Today? He’d probably be right. The media nonsense has really gone off the rails the few years and it’s out of control now. 

57 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I was being sarcastic and ready for the Woke people on here to say it. Check out what the Undefeated is doing: Chronicling what is going on with black QBs in the league. Rush Limbaugh said the media wants black QBs to succeed back in the day and got fired for it. He was 100000% right

Great point.  The only reason Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, Jackson are good is because of the media.

these borderline racist takes are embarrassing for non racist Bills fans.  Why are they allowed on this board? Is that pill popping, fat slob Rush still fighting the war on drugs?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Great point.  The only reason Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, Jackson are good is because of the media.

these borderline racist takes are embarrassing for non racist Bills fans.  Why are they allowed on this board? Is that pill popping, fat slob Rush still fighting the war on drugs?

Ridiculous interpretation of discussion. Who ever said the reason any player is good is due to the media ? No one, ( and if they did, they’d be an idiot). However, the media today is obsessed with race and assumes that anyone who isn’t a minority is racist. We don’t care about a players race, only if they can play or not. They don’t stop bringing up the subject and it’s beyond tiresome. 

Bandito : Look at media outlet A. They’re writing about what a group of NFL QBs are doing, but only 

those of a certain racial background. 

Boat : That’s ridiculous. The media obsession with race is off the rails. Does everything, even enter

-tainment have to come back to this ? 

C Bisc : Bills fans are such racists. It’s embarrassing. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ridiculous interpretation of discussion. Who ever said the reason any player is good is due to the media ? No one, ( and if they did, they’d be an idiot). However, the media today is obsessed with race and assumes that anyone who isn’t a minority is racist. We don’t care about a players race, only if they can play or not. They don’t stop bringing up the subject and it’s beyond tiresome. 

Genius, you and that other dork brought up race.  My favorite part of the race debates is the losers who just complain about how much race is talked about yet constantly bring it up. Everything in your silly post is strawmAn arguments.  Yeah, all media thinks everyone who isn’t a minority. How do people like you exist with this silly mindset?  Yeah, the media is out to get you.  They are holding you back!

and that fat slob Rush (a hypocrite, drug abuser who failed out of college) said McNabb was a media creation.  He is a borderline HOfer (he won’t make it but he was very good) who had better numbers than Kelly across the board.  Why anyone would quote that moron is beyond me. 

And why is it even being discussed in this thread?  Oh yeah, the guys who complain about race being too involved brought it up. Hypocrisy. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Genius, you and that other dork brought up race.  My favorite part of the race debates is the losers who just complain about how much race is talked about yet constantly bring it up. Everything in your silly post is strawmAn arguments.  Yeah, all media thinks everyone who isn’t a minority. How do people like you exist with this silly mindset?  Yeah, the media is out to get you.  They are holding you back!

and that fat slob Rush (a hypocrite, drug abuser who failed out of college) said McNabb was a media creation.  He is a borderline HOfer (he won’t make it but he was very good) who had better numbers than Kelly across the board.  Why anyone would quote that moron is beyond me. 

And why is it even being discussed in this thread?  Oh yeah, the guys who complain about race being too involved brought it up. Hypocrisy. 

Jesus. You know you can buy ruffled panties. You don’t have to do it yourself.

Calm Down.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, he brought up a light hearted joke about what a nonsensical response to the original discussion might be.. I misinterpreted it as serious, and he explained it to me. I’m no Limbaugh fan, ( never was) but it’s a fact about the media, even sports media today. It gets old, and some of us vent about it. Maybe the media doesn’t bother you, that’s fine. Nothing wrong with others pointing out their hypocrisy, obsession and bias, though. Jumping into and twisting a conversation between two posters to fit your narrative ? Not fine. I’m done with this discussion. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Since we are playing this game...

STRENGTHS

Physically imposing passer. Throws from the shotgun formation quite often, but is also effective on play action. Flashes the velocity to stretch the field and throw in tight spaces between defenders and on the sideline. Good athlete with the mobility to step up in the pocket to avoid pressure and take advantage of openings to pick up first downs with his feet. Quick release, though it often looks as though he?s throwing darts on shorter throws. Intelligent, high character team leader.

WEAKNESSES

Gives opponents too many chances for turnovers by forcing throws into coverage trying to make a play. Area code accuracy ? short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Inconsistent recognizing blitz. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

BOTTOM LINE

As gifted as any quarterback in the class, the physically imposing has a chance to shoot up this list using his strong arm and mobility. Scouts appreciate his leadership qualities and toughness , and hope he can improve on his consistency. decision-making and accuracy drop in the face of pressure, but has the velocity and mobility teams look for in a project quarterback.

30 minutes ago, Mango said:

Since we are playing this game...

STRENGTHS

Physically imposing passer. Throws from the shotgun formation quite often, but is also effective on play action. Flashes the velocity to stretch the field and throw in tight spaces between defenders and on the sideline. Good athlete with the mobility to step up in the pocket to avoid pressure and take advantage of openings to pick up first downs with his feet. Quick release, though it often looks as though he?s throwing darts on shorter throws. Intelligent, high character team leader.

WEAKNESSES

Gives opponents too many chances for turnovers by forcing throws into coverage trying to make a play. Area code accuracy ? short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Inconsistent recognizing blitz. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

BOTTOM LINE

As gifted as any quarterback in the class, the physically imposing has a chance to shoot up this list using his strong arm and mobility. Scouts appreciate his leadership qualities and toughness , and hope he can improve on his consistency. decision-making and accuracy drop in the face of pressure, but has the velocity and mobility teams look for in a project quarterback.

If thats who i think it is ,  I can shorten that.

Strengths

Strong Arm.   Better than average mobility

Weaknesses

Poor accuracy.   Hospitality tents should be afraid of him.    Cannot read a defense .   Has the pocket presence of Bambi.   Runs lack authority.   Often looks more like a headless chicken when he takes off with the ball .   

Bottom Line

Massive project.  Likely would be a decent backup if his accuracy and ability to dissect a defense can be improved.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 10/1/2019 at 1:50 PM, Gugny said:

Among other things, my signature contained the @DC Tom quote that made me laugh the hardest.  He told @Meark: "Go eat your eggless mayonnaise."  I don't know why, but it killed me.

Best foods now makes a really good eggless mayo BTW.. LOL :) 

Or should I say sandwich spread? Guess it's not really mayo without eggs. 

Edited by Meark
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

If thats who i think it is ,  I can shorten that.

Strengths

Strong Arm.   Better than average mobility

Weaknesses

Poor accuracy.   Hospitality tents should be afraid of him.    Cannot read a defense .   Has the pocket presence of Bambi.   Runs lack authority.   Often looks more like a headless chicken when he takes off with the ball .   

Bottom Line

Massive project.  Likely would be a decent backup if his accuracy and ability to dissect a defense can be improved.

This made me laugh out loud. 

Point is, the original pre-draft right up, really is not all that different than JA, and both tested very similarly at the combine. Their strengths and weaknesses are pretty similar. 

EJ

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 237

Arms: 35"

Hands:  10 3/8"

40: 4.65

Veritcal: 34.0"

Broad Jump: 118"

3 Cone: 7.08"

Shuttle: 4.21"

JA

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 237 lbs

Arms: 33 1/4"

Hands:  10 1/8"

40: 4.75

Vertical: 33.5"

Broad Jump: 119"

3 Cone: 6.9"

Shuttle: 4.4"

50 minutes ago, Meark said:

Best foods now makes a really good eggless mayo BTW.. LOL :) 

Or should I say sandwich spread? Guess it's not really mayo without eggs. 

LMAO!!!  This made my day!

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus. You know you can buy ruffled panties. You don’t have to do it yourself.

Calm Down.

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Are those suppose to be panties in a bunch?

Please see above.

• Haha (+1) 1