QB A vs QB B

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Guess who threw 24 Interceptions in his first 15 games...

...Peyton Manning.

So maybe take a chill pill and use your eyes and realize Allen is no where near the same as Manuel.  

This board is always full of really stupid hot take over reactions after a loss.  This thread is among the contenders of the dumbest ones, so congrats, that’s a hard thing to accomplish in a post loss TSW week with so much competition.  

Peyton joined a 1-15 team.  Allen joined a team coming off a playoff berth that had the 2nd best defense in the nfl.  There were also completely different rules when Manning was a rookie. Not exactly apples to apples.

and I don’t think the EJ comparison is as far of as you claim it to be.  They both were question for their accuracy coming out.  They both have all the physical skills. I love the mindset Allen plays the game with but he’s never been a consistent player on any level.  What makes for a true franchise guy is maddeningly levels of consistency.  Allen seems like a guy who is going to full of highs and lows.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Completely lost in this stat munching is Manuel and Allen are two completely different players with different skill sets.

You show me where Manuel gets away from would be sacks the way Allen does

You show me the rushing for 1st downs and touchdowns that Allen does that Manuel did not (oh thats right.....not even included because the OP has a agenda

You show me the 4th quarter comebacks that Allen has and Manuel does not

EJ’s comeback against the number 2 ranked defense in Carolina was the best Bills comeback in years.  

Allen plays the way I wanted EJ to play.  He also makes some very bad decisions. I won’t want to take away his aggression but this is some of the concerns some people had about him.  What makes Brady so good is he’s pretty much the same player every game.  

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Peyton joined a 1-15 team.  Allen joined a team coming off a playoff berth that had the 2nd best defense in the nfl.  There were also completely different rules when Manning was a rookie. Not exactly apples to apples.

and I don’t think the EJ comparison is as far of as you claim it to be.  They both were question for their accuracy coming out.  They both have all the physical skills. I love the mindset Allen plays the game with but he’s never been a consistent player on any level.  What makes for a true franchise guy is maddeningly levels of consistency.  Allen seems like a guy who is going to full of highs and lows.  

EJ’s comeback against the number 2 ranked defense in Carolina was the best Bills comeback in years.  

Allen plays the way I wanted EJ to play.  He also makes some very bad decisions. I won’t want to take away his aggression but this is some of the concerns some people had about him.  What makes Brady so good is he’s pretty much the same player every game.  

Josh Allen has more 4th quarter comebacks

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

C.   there is no counter

We were behind

Josh Allen brought them back

But with better offense, that game doesn’t need to come down to that.  I’ve seen some good things with Allen.  But I think some fans underestimate how Huge of an advantage having a great D is for a young qb.  Allen is in a pretty good spot here.  Now, we just need to get a stud too target. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Completely lost in this stat munching is Manuel and Allen are two completely different players with different skill sets.

You show me where Manuel gets away from would be sacks the way Allen does

You show me the rushing for 1st downs and touchdowns that Allen does that Manuel did not (oh thats right.....not even included because the OP has a agenda

You show me the 4th quarter comebacks that Allen has and Manuel does not

I won't waste too much time on this because I think we probably both agree that Allen is a far better prospect than EJ was. Totally agree that they aren't very similar as players; someone else summed it up pretty well. Can't remember who, but they mentioned that EJ flat out looked like a bad QB; Allen looks like a talented QB that's making unnecessary mistakes right now. I think it's pretty much as simple as that between the two of them. Allen has far better tools and passes the eye test much better than EJ; he just needs to cut some of these poor decisions out and avoid letting his mechanics revert like they did this week.

Having said all that, EJ did lead two game winning drives his rookie year, which is right in line with Allen.

But again, I don't think EJ was particularly close to Allen as a prospect.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I won't waste too much time on this because I think we probably both agree that Allen is a far better prospect than EJ was. Totally agree that they aren't very similar as players; someone else summed it up pretty well. Can't remember who, but they mentioned that EJ flat out looked like a bad QB; Allen looks like a talented QB that's making unnecessary mistakes right now. I think it's pretty much as simple as that between the two of them. Allen has far better tools and passes the eye test much better than EJ; he just needs to cut some of these poor decisions out and avoid letting his mechanics revert like they did this week.

Having said all that, EJ did lead two game winning drives his rookie year, which is right in line with Allen.

But again, I don't think EJ was particularly close to Allen as a prospect.

We are in game 4 :)

Lots of games left for Allen to improve that 4th quarter comeback stat

I still remember being at the bar during that Cleveland game thinking EJ might actually be the guy.  Then he got hurt.  He didn't get a fair shot here.  I will never believe that Kyle Orton did better than EJ could have that year.  Orton's infamous slide will be my counter to any argument for him.

It's weird that he would leave off completion % when it would actually be in his favor Josh is at 55% and EJ at 58.4%

Josh has a much better arm than EJ and much better running ability.  There stats may be similar for 15 games total but when you look at their second seasons it is a different story:

Josh: 225.8 ypg, 6 total tds, 6 ints, 6.9 ypa, 60.3 comp %

EJ: 167.6 ypg, 6 total tds, 3 ints, 6.4 ypa, 58.0 com %

Josh had an increase in ypg, ypa and comp %

EJ lower ypg, same ypa, and lowe comp %

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

I still remember being at the bar during that Cleveland game thinking EJ might actually be the guy.  Then he got hurt.  He didn't get a fair shot here.  I will never believe that Kyle Orton did better than EJ could have that year.  Orton's infamous slide will be my counter to any argument for him.

It's weird that he would leave off completion % when it would actually be in his favor Josh is at 55% and EJ at 58.4%

Josh has a much better arm than EJ and much better running ability.  There stats may be similar for 15 games total but when you look at their second seasons it is a different story:

Josh: 225.8 ypg, 6 total tds, 6 ints, 6.9 ypa, 60.3 comp %

EJ: 167.6 ypg, 6 total tds, 3 ints, 6.4 ypa, 58.0 com %

Josh had an increase in ypg, ypa and comp %

EJ lower ypg, same ypa, and lowe comp %

EJ was complete trash.

His first four games his second season were the worst I've seen from any QB. He had no business being on the field following the Chargers and Texans games. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

EJ also had Sammy Watkins, Robert woods, Marquise Goodwin , Freddy .. host of good offensive talent

Woods and Goodwin were rookies. TJ Graham was actually our #3 receiver when EJ was a rookie. Scott Chandler was our leading receiver his rookie year. 

Watkins came in Manuel's 2nd season. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Woods and Goodwin were rookies. TJ Graham was actually our #3 receiver when EJ was a rookie. Scott Chandler was our leading receiver his rookie year. 

Watkins came in Manuel's 2nd season. 

I don't think i ever said how long they were in the league, and Robert woods came into the league a stud, he caught everything

Manuel's second year , he had a top 5 pick WR, a second year WR some labled the best in the draft , hella speed in Goodwin and a phenomenal running game.

We weren't devoid of talent.. Kyle Orton threw for 250 ypg and led us to 9-7

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think i ever said how long they were in the league, and Robert woods came into the league a stud, he caught everything

Manuel's second year , he had a top 5 pick WR, a second year WR some labled the best in the draft , hella speed in Goodwin and a phenomenal running game.

We weren't devoid of talent.. Kyle Orton threw for 250 ypg and led us to 9-7

I agree with that. 

By year two there was an established supporting cast, and EJ couldn't have played worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone in the NFL gave up on EJ. 

A big part of EJ's problem was that he's too dumb to play NFL QB.

Nice guy though ;) 

Just now, JMF2006 said:

Edited by JMF2006
tried to fix the winky guy

EJ can't hold Josh's jock strap. He maxed out his potential whereas Josh hasn't even scratched the surface. Clear as day when you watch them play. Allen has game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks and tons of rushing production that can't be ignored. He also has a win percentage above .500.

Not even in the same league.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Will you nitwits stop comparing Josh Allen to every ***** former QB of the Bills?  Jesus Christ you guys are so out of control.  Take some Midol

This is a pinnable comment if I ever saw one...

• Haha (+1) 1