Did Jonathan Jones purposely take out Josh Allen?

HOUSE

17 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

I know the penalty goes both ways for dropping your head, but it seems like a stretch to say Allen lowers his head, any slight drop in his head is 100% due to the fact he is trying to hold onto the ball in preparation for the big hit he is about to take.

He definitely lowers his head and more runs into the defenders helmet, but I think the defender intended to hit him high anyway. He never lowered his pad level and that added with Allen going down was bad. I'm not full tin foil like a lot of people right now because I see DBs do this all the time. Look at the hits on WRs after a missed pass and you will see very similar style hits. DBs generally have the worst tackling technique of any position group. I don't know that anyone fears JA enough to do "sweep the leg" move, especially in this game where he was a turnover machine. 

• Like (+1) 1

Pats fan here. When I saw it on live TV and on replays, I thought the hit was questionable. But I think this angle from the opposite side will change your minds completely:

https://t.co/0rc5YkIDs1

Allen actually is the one who turns toward Jones and lowers his head. It's surprising that Allen was the one injured and not Jones. There shouldn't even have been a penalty, let alone an ejection. 

Jones gives away 50 lbs to Allen. Allen didn't slide and was truly a RB at that point. It was 3rd down, and Allen was going to fall forward for a 1st down if Jones didn't engage him. The other tackler Harmon hadn't really started to bring him down at the moment Allen & Jones collided.

Nobody wanted to see the QB hurt, but Jones did nothing wrong here.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

Similar hit Thursday night...Barnett on Williams...taken off on stretcher and he wasn't ejected. I don't think the league knows what they are doing....Hyde was right though....if one of our guys hit Brady like that.....

Very true

Yes.  These dirty ***** always look to take out a Bills player who is a key or is playing well.  Was not surprised at all it happened yesterday.  I just wish they'd retaliate but they know they'll be ejected.  Just another reason I've never respected them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

That makes no sense.  Now if Allen had been in the pocket and took the hit and not 7 yards downfield running and trying get the first down I could see your point.  This is Allen acting like Cam Newton and getting lit up. (This time illegally) Allen needs to learn to slide to protect himself otherwise he will have a short career. (Like Newton. Who I like as a QB)

Doesn’t make sense? Watch the replay. All the talk is that Josh lowered his head. Simply not true: he was already being tackled. 

If you know Josh, you know he is going to lay it all on the line to move the chains/win the game. 

There was ZERO need for that hit and if you can’t see that then I’m not sure why you’re even here. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

Pats fan here. When I saw it on live TV and on replays, I thought the hit was questionable. But I think this angle from the opposite side will change your minds completely:

Allen actually is the one who turns toward Jones and lowers his head. It's surprising that Allen was the one injured and not Jones. There shouldn't even have been a penalty, let alone an ejection. 

Jones gives away 50 lbs to Allen. Allen didn't slide and was truly a RB at that point. It was 3rd down, and Allen was going to fall forward for a 1st down if Jones didn't engage him. The other tackler Harmon hadn't really started to bring him down at the moment Allen & Jones collided.

Good lord. Jones is looking right at him and targets his head. He knew exactly what he was doing. Typical Patriot ballwashing.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

Why are you here on this board?  Why do you feel you need to defend the Pats**?

Let me ask you this question honestly...........

Do you feel the Pats** have cheated in the past?  Or many times in the past?

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Good lord. Jones is looking right at him and targets his head. He knew exactly what he was doing. Typical Patriot ballwashing.

Watch the video objectively, like it was 2 other teams playing. 

Allen aims toward Jones and lowers his head. Jones braces for a hit. The crown of Allen's helmet strikes the side of Jones' helmet.

It's very clear.  https://t.co/0rc5YkIDs1

Edited by 50yrpatsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is the first time I’ve seen this angle of the hit. 

I still see him dropping his helmet slightly, but you can also see Allen drop his head slightly too. 

Allen not only drops his head but angles his body toward Jones, taking him on directly. The crown of his helmet strikes the side of Jones'. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

He purposely hit Josh hard, but I don't think he had had it in his mind to take Josh out. Football is still a violent game.

Hes also a 5’8 180lbs guy the just stopped a 240lbs guy with momentum. While the flex aged poorly I think it was very possibly just on the high of a big hit and had no idea josh wasn’t popping back up. 

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Bojo should be sent on the field next time for D and after the play the D should rip Brady's helmet off and have Bojo punt his head off and then punt him in the balls just for added measure... Maybe we can defend that like it wasn't intentional. Also it'll get rid of Bojo, two birds with one stone!

So... was I wrong about the Tin Foil Hat reference? ? ? ?

Angle 1.  It looks Targeted

Angle 2.  It looks like Josh Lowered his head and the 2 helmets met.