Did Jonathan Jones purposely take out Josh Allen?

HOUSE

It does not seem like many of the people on here have played the game. He was stopped and Jones had no business being involved what? If Hyde or Poyer on that play did not become involved I want them off the field. The QB is running like a RB trying to get the first down and running over the defender your job is to stop him. This hit is 100% on the style of play involved. Josh is thinking "they are jot stopping me", lowers and initiates contact to run the guys over and almost does. If Allen gets lower and not so upright maybe he gets more forward push. But since he is still a bit upright his progress is stopped. Watch the video and switch the helmets and you are liking what your Bills defense does there. 

8 hours ago, Chris66 said:

No. Allen is still driving forward. Allens crown of his helmet actually hits the side of Jones helmet. If the nfl see it the same way thete wont be a fine. It just a smaller guy trying to stop a bigger one.

Hey pal, make sure you visit here all year. Can’t wait till 12/22. The reign is over. Brady is done. All Belichicks coaching won’t matter. I’d like to say I can’t wait to go to Pats boards once you start losing, but then nobody will be there. Biggest bandwagon fan base. 

24 minutes ago, KollegeStudnet said:

Just slide. It’s not a negative; it is a must in the game now. Slide, and he’s protected. 

that's not his style

he has a right to his choice on how he finishes a run for yards

all part of freedom

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Right...there's no history of the Patriots deliberately trying to injure other teams' important players. Oh wait

gronkwat.0.gif

brady-ninja-1-20-131.gif

Wow! I have never defended Gronk, and Brady was in a slide and if you pay attention see covering his head too..  but ya not like Bills don’t try injure anyone.. 

1 hour ago, Bongo said:

This. I typically don’t subscribe to these kinds of conspiracy theories but I absolutely believe this one to be true. 

More human nature than conspiracy theory. The team that is seen as the best just gets the calls. Given that most are judgement based, the league doesn’t step on the toes of its officials lest they undermine them. 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow! I have never defended Gronk, and Brady was in a slide and if you pay attention see covering his head too..  but ya not like Bills don’t try injure anyone.. 

Bug off

Show us clips of Bills players RECENTLY TRYING TO HURT PLAYERS

Gronk is a piece of ***** for life for trying to kill Tre white

NOT HURT, KILL... He's 265 and elbow dropped a 180 pound guy with a brace on the back of his neck... He's lucky Tre didn't break his neck

10 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I watched this clip over and over, my eyes hurt. If you watch closely Jonathon Jones is clearly aiming for a shoulder pad hit but at the last moment raises his head to hit Josh Allen helmet to helmet.

IMO, its a clear attempt to injure.

all signs point to yes. Allen was also a defenseless player at that point as he was being held.

Him not being ejected is absurd. and someone not kicking his nuts into his stomach afterwords is frustrating.
Allen needs to learn from this one . expect the BS t come again

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think anything was meant to be dirty about it. But come on, there’s zero chance prepping for this game New England’s coaches didn’t say “if he leaves the pocket make him pay for it” and that’s how it should be. That’s how I would want buffalo to attack Lamar Jackson or any other quarterbacks capable of taking a game over with their legs. 

With that said, I felt it was a dirty hit but not an intentional one

But we do not do that do we ?

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So... was I wrong about the Tin Foil Hat reference? ? ? ?

Angle 1.  It looks Targeted

Angle 2.  It looks like Josh Lowered his head and the 2 helmets met.  

How is it a conspiracy theory if there is a repeated pattern anybody can see game after game with these cheaters? Just because somebody is blind to something doesn't make the people who are aware conspiracy nuts:bag:

The NFL has had multiple chances to address NE's deliberate attempts to injure.  They've done nothing, proving the Pats can really get away with anything.  The Bills played nice, trusted the NFL, and got stabbed in the back yet again.

Next time they meet, wait until a flag is thrown on NE's offence, the take Brady's head off.  Offsetting penalties, right?  That's how the league justified it.  And when the NFL's golden child is laying in a broken heap, the league's hypocracy will be lain bare.  And everyone claiming there was nothing wrong with yesterday's hit will be bitching and crying,

Brady is the NFL's money maker.  Gotta protect their delicate egg and skew officiating so he and his team can make it to one more show.

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Now, this really makes no sense. Why have a rule in place for unsportsmanlike conduct if it's acceptable lay a helmet-to-helmet hit on someone?

Your boy went full Jack Tatum on the guy being tackled and you're blaming the victim. 

14 hours ago, H2o said:

Seized the opportunity to take the head shot. It was pretty clear. Then afterwards his body language was like he was proud of himself:censored: that guy. There is a Jarvis Landry type of crack-back block in his near future. 

I only saw the 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd yesterday. Watched the replay a short while ago and literally my first two thoughts are bolded above.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The intent is evident by the defensive backs post hit reaction. Much different from how D Linemen now react or pull up when hitting the QB. Suspend him!

There should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct after the hit as well. You can't stand over a player and do that. Then he looked at the Bills sideline. He was very proud of himself...******* doucher!

Y'all are WAY too emotional about this.  This is a football game.  No defensive player from Pop Warner on up is going to stand there and think "Oh, one of my teammates has the guy around the waist, he'll bring him down, I'll just stand over here and watch" in the middle of a damned play.  Allen is not on the ground, he's getting hit.  Period.  That's why coaches tell QB's to slide.  Allen chose to try to get the first down.  Cool.  That comes with risk.  Allen is 6'5, 240lbs and has a rep for running and mixing it up.  Because one guy has him doesn't mean he can't get the first down.  And the defenders are trying to prevent him from getting that first down.  Allen is tall.  Jones is 5'10.  Allen lowers his head.  Guess what level that will put him at?  At Jones' head space.  And every one of the players are moving fast.  This isn't slow motion.  People aren't thinking, they're playing in spite of what Goodell wants the world to believe.  Stuff happens.  

I don't like the Patriots either, but this wasn't any intentional hit to take Allen out.  Hell, he already threw 3 picks and fumbled.  I'd want him in the game if I were them.  If it were Poyer or Hyde and it were Brady, you all would be saying how it wasn't intentional, the game is moving fast, what's he supposed to do...  Our boy played with fire one too many times and got burned.  On to the next game.

Josh Allen has a great arm, big size and is gifted with God given talent, but he plays reckless, maybe it's youth, or relying on his athletic ability, or just plain stupidity, but he has been playing reckless all season. Forcing the ball downfield into tight windows, resulting in interceptions, and running around throwing himself around wildly. With the way he plays something like this was bound to happen. 

Hopefully he learns his lesson from this and gets a little smarter with his game, because you don't want your QB launching himself into the middle of a professional NFL defense like a missile the way he does. 

I, personally, wanna see him leading the Bills successfully for alot of years to come. I don't wanna see him pounding the rock 8-10 yards downfield diving headfirst for 1st downs like he thinks he's Marshawn Lynch or something. 

14 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Y'all are WAY too emotional about this.  This is a football game.  No defensive player from Pop Warner on up is going to stand there and think "Oh, one of my teammates has the guy around the waist, he'll bring him down, I'll just stand over here and watch" in the middle of a damned play.  Allen is not on the ground, he's getting hit.  Period.  That's why coaches tell QB's to slide.  Allen chose to try to get the first down.  Cool.  That comes with risk.  Allen is 6'5, 240lbs and has a rep for running and mixing it up.  Because one guy has him doesn't mean he can't get the first down.  And the defenders are trying to prevent him from getting that first down.  Allen is tall.  Jones is 5'10.  Allen lowers his head.  Guess what level that will put him at?  At Jones' head space.  And every one of the players are moving fast.  This isn't slow motion.  People aren't thinking, they're playing in spite of what Goodell wants the world to believe.  Stuff happens.  

I don't like the Patriots either, but this wasn't any intentional hit to take Allen out.  Hell, he already threw 3 picks and fumbled.  I'd want him in the game if I were them.  If it were Poyer or Hyde and it were Brady, you all would be saying how it wasn't intentional, the game is moving fast, what's he supposed to do...  Our boy played with fire one too many times and got burned.  On to the next game.

I agree that Josh sets himself up for this type of hit and needs to learn to slide. But...

Intention can only be known by one man: the guy who made the hit. I saw the replay, guy seemed pretty proud of the hit. Maybe he was just proud of finishing a play, maybe not. Can you honestly say that if Brady was on the receiving end the NFL wouldn't be reviewing further? 

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Lotta words from the unemotional guy

What I wanna know is when this team will stop being soft and be the ones delivering hits again?

What was the last big one, Takeo Spikes against I believe Jacksonville?

No response for Tre, their will be no response for Allen. Instead all we get is whining and how it isn't fair. 

Can we get someone who actually ***** lays a hit on someone once in awhile? I'm fine with 15 here and there.

Edited by Ol Dirty B