Did Jonathan Jones purposely take out Josh Allen?

HOUSE

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So let me see if I get this right.

You woke up this morning and while having your cup of coffee you decided to find a Buffalo Bills message board and create an account

to give us your bits of wisdom.

What did you think you would accomplish?  Bills fans would hear your unique perspective and change their minds?

I don't buy a bit of it.  I'm sure you cheered while Allen was laying on the field.  I think you are only here to rub salt in the wound.

no no and no. I had an account here from years ago but it must've been deleted due to inactivity. I visit your site all the time, generally like the Bills fans perspectives on things. Like the city, once had a girlfriend from there. 

Did not like seeing Allen suffer a head injury at all, but in this case Jones was innocent. I initially thought otherwise, but can't argue with that 2nd video from the opposite side, evidence is plain as day. What it revealed more than anything is that Josh Allen has a runner's mentality that's going to be hard for Bills coaches to shake him of. He barreled though Jones trying to get the 1st down, lowering his helmet in the process. 

7 minutes ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

no no and no. I had an account here from years ago but it must've been deleted due to inactivity. I visit your site all the time, generally like the Bills fans perspectives on things. Like the city, once had a girlfriend from there. 

Did not like seeing Allen suffer a head injury at all, but in this case Jones was innocent. I initially thought otherwise, but can't argue with that 2nd video from the opposite side, evidence is plain as day. What it revealed more than anything is that Josh Allen has a runner's mentality that's going to be hard for Bills coaches to shake him of. He barreled though Jones trying to get the 1st down, lowering his helmet in the process. 

What is reveals is your arrogance coming to a competitors board attempting to prove that your teams player is completely innocent and

that our young QB got what he deserved.  

I do want to thank you for your "girlfriend" quote.  Was she after your "Canadian girlfriend" you had in 7th grade.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

What is reveals is your arrogance coming to a competitors board attempting to prove that your teams player is completely innocent and

that our young QB got what he deserved.  

I do want to thank you for your "girlfriend" quote.  Was she after your "Canadian girlfriend" you had in 7th grade.

Not arrogant, just the truth. I like Allen and hope he does well, but it's obvious he's trying to get every yard when running, and QB's can't do that in this league. I don't root against him or the Bills. 

Allen's a slut.  Wore his skirt too high.  He deserved with what he got coming to him.

~ Signed Pats** fans

One Pats** walked through row after play.  He said:

"Well, it was bound to happen.  Got what he deserved."

Anyway... Congratulations New England fans.  You've become the New York Yankees of football.  We all bow to your greatness.

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Our resident Belicheat apologist and Brady nut swinger :(

LOL

Sounds identical to you except you're a Bills apoligist.

I get it people are upset, but to claim this was intentional is just plain stupid as you or no one else has any idea.  As was pointed out, Allen lowered his head too.

11 minutes ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

Not arrogant, just the truth. I like Allen and hope he does well, but it's obvious he's trying to get every yard when running, and QB's can't do that in this league. I don't root against him or the Bills. 

If you were interested in "the truth" you would have shown the hit from the other angle shown in Ian Rapoport's video (about 18 seconds in).

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

No. Allen is still driving forward. Allens crown of his helmet actually hits the side of Jones helmet. If the nfl see it the same way thete wont be a fine. It just a smaller guy trying to stop a bigger one.

As Wood just stated, he will no doubt arrive to a fedex envelope in his locker wed. Book it

17 minutes ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

At some point, I wondered how anyone could be a fan of a team that cheats so much, thank you for answering that. In the end, if Allen hadn't gotten hit lowering his head Jones would have ear holed him. No attempt to wrap, just taking his shot. 

Maybe because of all the instances of NE players taking shots will cause some type of punishment to the team, in the burfict vein of punishment. 

17 minutes ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

I have no idea why any poster on this forum responds to Pats* bandwagon fans who justify anything their team does and have no ability to, knowledgeably and objectively, analyze football - and who also lack the awareness and class to know you do not go on another team's message board after what happened yesterday.

Ignore them and they will go away.

10 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

At some point, I wondered how anyone could be a fan of a team that cheats so much, thank you for answering that. In the end, if Allen hadn't gotten hit lowering his head Jones would have ear holed him. No attempt to wrap, just taking his shot. 

Maybe because of all the instances of NE players taking shots will cause some type of punishment to the team, in the burfict vein of punishment. 

Their time will come. They are only fans as long as their team is winning. When their team stumbles and goes back to mediocrity most of those fans will disappear and reappear as fans of another team that is playing well.

Edited by billsfan1959

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

LOL

Sounds identical to you except you're a Bills apoligist.

I get it people are upset, but to claim this was intentional is just plain stupid as you or no one else has any idea.  As was pointed out, Allen lowered his head too.

Well imagine that a Bills fan on a Bills Message Board ;)

You have your take I have mine.

Had that happened to any established  veteran QB the whole league would be up in arms.

Player protection should apply to all of them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t think anything was meant to be dirty about it. But come on, there’s zero chance prepping for this game New England’s coaches didn’t say “if he leaves the pocket make him pay for it” and that’s how it should be. That’s how I would want buffalo to attack Lamar Jackson or any other quarterbacks capable of taking a game over with their legs. 

With that said, I felt it was a dirty hit but not an intentional one

28 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Well imagine that a Bills fan on a Bills Message Board ;)

You have your take I have mine.

Had that happened to any established  veteran QB the whole league would be up in arms.

Player protection should apply to all of them.

Bills fans are fine, but just try and be objective for once.  But then again fan is short for fanatic so I guess it's to be expected.

4 hours ago, 50yrpatsfan said:

it's this video, about 3 seconds in. Tell me how Allen isn't completely responsible for this collision.

I'll happily tell you how.  Jones is listed at 5'10" 183 lbs, Allen 6'5" 238.  DB's hate tackling guys that much larger than them and go low. 

As in get in a low crouch, upper body lowered and take out his legs low.  Jones clearly keeps his torso upright and is going high with his contact.   His whole body position is high and that is targeting.  Go ahead, rewatch the tape.

WRT Allen, he is in the process of being tackled on his right, the fact that his body veers left is not surprising. The first tackler also wraps near the ball and part of Allen's head drop and lean is an effort to lock in and protect the ball.

But you should be ashamed of yourself for believing Jones did nothing wrong.   His entire body form says otherwise.

If the other Pat's defender wasn't there initiating the tackle I believe Jones goes low otherwise Allen ends up trucking him.

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I watched this clip over and over, my eyes hurt. If you watch closely Jonathon Jones is clearly aiming for a shoulder pad hit but at the last moment raises his head to hit Josh Allen helmet to helmet.

IMO, its a clear attempt to injure.

as much as I hate NE, I don’t think he was trying to take him out.  I do believe that he tried to stick him with a crushing hit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

as much as I hate NE, I don’t think he was trying to take him out.  I do believe that he tried to stick him with a crushing hit

Yep, and he did just that. Did he intend helmet to helmet?  Don't know but that's what happened.

8 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I agree completely. The Pats* knew of Josh’s comebacks and wanted to remove him from the equation. They succeeded and the league let them. 

This. I typically don’t subscribe to these kinds of conspiracy theories but I absolutely believe this one to be true. 

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’m not talking PLAYER intent as I am not in his head.. but TEAM intent.. the amount of pressure they had on Allen if the team “wanted” it they could have set it up any time while in the pocket..

Right...there's no history of the Patriots deliberately trying to injure other teams' important players. Oh wait

gronkwat.0.gif

brady-ninja-1-20-131.gif

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nucci said:

Similar hit Thursday night...Barnett on Williams...taken off on stretcher and he wasn't ejected. I don't think the league knows what they are doing....Hyde was right though....if one of our guys hit Brady like that.....

FYI - Last year Hyde was complaining the opposite. How is a DB supposed to stop.