Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

Allen had a bad day- he was clearly shaken up. Daboll called a horrible game with plays coming in late and abandoning the run at times.  Allen throwing off his back foot is concerning.  Holding the ball too long is concerning. Not stepping up into the pocket is concerning. The 4 turnovers are concerning. The Bills need to correct this and win in Tennessee.  

This one stings because we had chances to win that game and pissed it away. 

Sidebar- I dialed in on Brady a lot yesterday at the stadium. He is in decline- doesnt have the arm strength for intermediate and deep balls anymore.

• Like (+1) 2

I am starting to wonder if he will learn to protect himself before it's too late.

I think he has all the skill and the will to be an all time great.

There is no play or game (maybe the last drive of Superbowl) worth taking a shot to the head that could be avoided. 

I don't blame him for the cheap head shot, but he has to know the shots are coming if he runs.

We need him to play and finish all 16 every year. 

Is he going to adjust or continue to get crushed?

• Like (+1) 1

Optics on allen plainly show he is a large cut above any of the previous qbs they have trotted out there since kelly.  

The patriots defense is talented and has a mastermind

Taking hits though is going to make a short career

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

I still try and figure out what a quarterback coach does for the Bills. We heard all off season that Ken Dorsey was the best medicine for Josh Allen because he has played the position. Why is it Daboll's responsibility to coach Josh and the total offense?  Dorsey should be in Allen's face the first time a bad decision or fundamentals are lost in Allen's execution.

What elevated Jim Kelly in to his Hall of Fame progression in the NFL, Ted Marchibroda as his quarterback coach. Once Marchibroda left for Indy, we say Kelly and the offense start their decline.

If the Bills are not going to utilize a QB coach to coach their QB's then why have them on the staff. If it is the wrong coach, then find the right one. Allen's progress should rest to a large extent on the QB coach. Dorsey should spend Tuesday - Fri when not game planning, screaming at Josh while in the film room saying this is unacceptable. Reviewing what decisions are the right ones to make in those situations should come from the position coach. The head coach may want to stop in to confirm that the expectations are understood.

No, not at all. Josh had an absolutely horrible first half. He was pressing in this game like no other because he wanted to beat the Pats in front of the home fans. That led to the hero ball we all talk about at times. In playing hero ball he missed a few WIDE open guys underneath that had the potential to catch and run with the ball afterwards for big gains. He was under pressure all day though, ALL day. For all of the work done to the offensive line, you couldn't tell in pass protection most of the time. Even still let's note that on the first drive of the 2nd half he came out 6 for 6 passing with a rushing TD. I truly believe that if he had not been knocked out of the game the result would have been different. The thing that is concerning me this year is where Josh was hitting those deep routes last year, this year he is about 2-5 yards off with every throw. His short and intermediate accuracy is better for the most part, but he seems to have lost his touch on the deep ball. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Yeah, Phil, I’ve “lost faith” in a kid with less than a season under his belt. It’s obvious, to me, that Allen wants to win in Buffalo, too much. When you couple this with his off field antics, signing countless autographs, doing interviews that draw positive attention to Buffalo, bringing teammates together and charity work, I’m done.

Thanks Phil for helping to bring these negatives to light. I have indeed lost a bit of faith today.

:thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

We didn't lose the game because of Allen, he never finished the game. Way to many penalties, Lee Smith mostly. The blocked punt is on the coaching staff, nearly happened twice.

Look, Josh Allen is not a first half quarterback. He appeared rattled imo.

Its time to go back to basics just like the last time he was injured. He came back a much better QB.

Barkley will be fine for a game or two.

Someone tell Nathan Peterman that he didn’t lose us any games last year because he didn’t finish them!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

No has he even played 16 games yet?

How many games are you going to give the kid? Thats always the answer Bills fans give. I'm sorry but their is QBs in their first season who already look better then Allen. Minshew in Jacksonville has played much better in his first 4 games. Has a completion % of 69% and 7 TDs to 1 int. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Yeah, Phil, I’ve “lost faith” in a kid with less than a season under his belt. It’s obvious, to me, that Allen wants to win in Buffalo, too much. When you couple this with his off field antics, signing countless autographs, doing interviews that draw positive attention to Buffalo, bringing teammates together and charity work, I’m done.

Thanks Phil for helping to bring these negatives to light. I have indeed lost a bit of faith today.

Oh no. We’ve reached the “he’s a good guy” defense. We’re *****

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

You must be the kind of guy everyone wants on their side when things go south.

I said yesterday that I thank my lucky stars for the fact that I don't have to count on these people for my survival.

I'm sticking with that take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I had a feeling this was going to happen at some point this year. 

The pedastal that many Bills fans seemed to unrealistically prop Josh Allen onto was so high, that a hiccup or two here or there would seem like falling over Niagara Falls...

Josh has a long way to go. He just made his 15th start, against a great defense with the best defensive coach that makes opponents beat you by doing what you're not good at (Daboll helped by unnecessarily calling so many passes...). A lot of fans were talking about Allen in the offseason as if he was a 5 year veteran with rings. I get it though; he's a gamer, with a big arm and wheels, who sticks around to sign autographs and says all the right things. It's easy to root for the kid, but he's just not "there" yet. 

15 starts

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not losing faith. I was at the game yesterday and pats d is legit as ours...Josh made more horrible decisions and it cost us turnovers. he needs to cut this crap out , and can’t be throwing of his back foot. It’s kinda like our d, I think Gilmore was on brown most of the day and took him out of the equation. which leads us us having to rely on Zay Jones. I’ve never seen a guy look so unmotivated to do anything out there.  In this type of game forcing the deep ball was not the right move.. I’d rather see incompletions .  As much as I hope he plays in Nashville maybe not a bad thing to have him come back for Miami. 

Just now, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I had a feeling this was going to happen at some point this year. 

The pedastal that many Bills fans seemed to unrealistically prop Josh Allen onto was so high, that a hiccup or two here or there would seem like falling over Niagara Falls...

Josh has a long way to go. He just made his 15th start, against a great defense with the best defensive coach that makes opponents beat you by doing what they're not good at (Daboll helped by unnecessarily calling so many passes...). A lot of fans were talking about Allen in the offseason as if he was a 5 year veteran with rings. I get it though; he's a gamer, with a big arm and wheels, who sficks around to sign autographs and says all the right things. It's easy to root for the kid, but he's just not "there" yet. 

15 starts

Stop with the rational takes. There's emotions to be vented.

• Haha (+1) 1

No, he hasn’t even started a full season yet! But, Josh has played big at key times and has shown the ability to carry this team to a win. Game winning 4th quarter drives!! Tremendous athleticism! Leadership and his teammates believe in him which is a must!!

IMO he should get more time. At least another season after this one! There is such a high ceiling that we need to be absolutely sure he is not the guy before moving on. 

I'm losing faith that a small segment of this fan base will ever be able to analyze Josh Allen in a rational, objective, non-biased way. I'm losing even more faith in the belief they will stop feeling the need to post the same thought over and over, and over, and over, and over, and over....

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2