Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

Plenty of faith left in my tank. As others have stated.... it's Belichick, the team plays for him and he has shown progress in every facet from his first game till now. Progress usually has a few set backs. Allen will use this as an opportunity to learn. He's that kind of player. The film from today will be invaluable for him going forward.

I felt like we were coming back and poised for the wiwin until Allen went down. #&$^$*@ Cheap shot

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I haven’t given up on Josh as a gamer, leader and a winner, but I have given up on the shred of remaining hope that he’d become a top 10 QB over the next few years.

totally agree with this take..he'll be a lot like Jeff George (if anyone can remember that far back) - he'll win some games in spectacular fashion and then a few will be lost due to both hero ball and he doesn't see the whole field (e.g. not recognizing where the safety was on that first interception). If the Bills can maintain a top 3 D they have a chance to make the playoffs each year under Allen but unless its a true "lights out" D the Superbowl will never be in reach.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Made him look bad for 1 half.  2nd half was a different story

ok, then explain why

He's only played 15 games. He's still raw. Besides, he was playing the no.1 defense in the nfl.

He'll learn. I see tons of talent in him. He will be fine.

• Like (+1) 3

I expected some growing pains as he got used to his new weapons. But I am actually losing some faith he’ll ever be able to make the correct reads on the field and get the ball out with any kind of normalcy. His ceiling for me was a faster Big Ben and I figured his floor was more cam Newtonish. 

But what I’m seeing is Fitz 2.0. 

I have not given up, obviously I want him starting every game this season, but to be that bad yesterday rather he could of brought them back or not was kind of sickening. We crushed peterman for not being prepared, turning the ball over and not being ready to perform at this level. Allen looked like he should not be in the league yesterday and that should be concerning to everyone who is a fan. The only positive I can take from this Pats game is he has some film to study this week on the worst parts of his game and what needs to be worked on. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Made him look bad for 1 half.  2nd half was a different story

ok, then explain why

Well...Allen came out 6 for 6 in the 2nd half and led them down the field for a TD...but he still has a long long way to go against Belichick defenses

• Like (+1) 2

We didn't lose the game because of Allen, he never finished the game. Way to many penalties, Lee Smith mostly. The blocked punt is on the coaching staff, nearly happened twice.

Look, Josh Allen is not a first half quarterback. He appeared rattled imo.

Its time to go back to basics just like the last time he was injured. He came back a much better QB.

Barkley will be fine for a game or two.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

totally agree with this take..he'll be a lot like Jeff George (if anyone can remember that far back) - he'll win some games in spectacular fashion and then a few will be lost due to both hero ball and he doesn't see the whole field (e.g. not recognizing where the safety was on that first interception). If the Bills can maintain a top 3 D they have a chance to make the playoffs each year under Allen but unless its a true "lights out" D the Superbowl will never be in reach.

In this era its hard to keep a top 3 D for a long time. You need that too 10 QB to be able to compete year in and year out. 

My question to the ones that believe Allen is the guy, have any of you seen what other 1st and 2nd QBs are doing?  Look at Allen in Carolina or Minshew in Jacksonville, both playing really well and not having issues like Allen does. 

• Like (+1) 2

I truly Billieve that Josh would have lead the Bills downfield for the go ahead score on that drive had he not been concussed.

I think the Patsies knew it to and the cheap shot was not a defender making a stop but a deliberate attempt to injure.

I still can't billieve that jackwad wasn't ejected.

I say lighten up everyone a missed FG at the half and going for it on 4th down with your BU QB down 6 cost us that game.

BTW if a Bills player had done that to Marsha what do you think would have happened?

One more thing I think a rule change is necessary to eliminate free cheap shots.

The flag for the lesser offence needs to be picked up and the personal foul needs to be enforced.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I was at the game Sunday and there was 1 reason the Bills lost the game.  They lost the game for one reason - Josh Allen.  He was absolutely putrid at QB.  I’m a big fan of Allen but he was THE reason why we lost.  

We’re starting to get to the point where you can’t use the whole “lack of experience” excuses for Allen.  For all the progress be seemed to make, we still see him revert back to the traits (holding onto the ball, poor footwork passing up short routes, inaccuracies) from college.  

We saw on Sunday that the thing he does well, scrambling, leaves his open for huge cheap shots to the head.  

He also doesn’t seem to be elevating the offense either.  Take a look at how much better NYG has been since Daniel Jones took over last week.  Or how much better Cleveland was behind Baker and not Tyrod.  Or to a MUCH lesser extent Gardiner Minshew in Jacksonville.   Allen has struggled to generate much more than 20 points per game.

So have you lost faith in Josh Allen?

If you haven’t lost faith, what give you hope that he will eventually start elevating the offense?  

I’m completely on the fence, but trending toward skepticism, unfortunately. 

Yeah, Phil, I’ve “lost faith” in a kid with less than a season under his belt. It’s obvious, to me, that Allen wants to win in Buffalo, too much. When you couple this with his off field antics, signing countless autographs, doing interviews that draw positive attention to Buffalo, bringing teammates together and charity work, I’m done.

Thanks Phil for helping to bring these negatives to light. I have indeed lost a bit of faith today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2