Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

28 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Benoit has some good points but he focused on negatives and didn’t mention the positives Allen showed 

Benoit’s negative points are all valid. They’re just not balanced with equally valid positive examples. But that was the slant Benoit intended from the outset.

Before we played the patriots number one ranked defense, Josh Allen had thrown one interception that could be attributed to him. We are 3-1 right now and Josh Allen is the major factor in that. Does he have to stop fumbling? Yes. Did he miss a couple reads against the Patriots? Yes. Did Tom Brady have a crappy game? Yes. I’m backing him 100% based on what he has already done. Turnovers and all. 
I’m really going to enjoy being a face in the crowd of fans calling all of you out when you don’t have a choice but to jump on the bandwagon. large.434C968E-E52F-4579-8EA2-BB44491DDCCC.gif.9cb03231c88c040e5a1f0e7b4ff78763.gif

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I get the impression the author didn’t watch much of the first three games of the season. Nor did he take note of the second half of the Pats*** game. 

Of course not. He only watched the worst 10 plays and then wrote a garbage article for click bait right?  

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Benoit’s negative points are all valid. They’re just not balanced with equally valid positive examples. But that was the slant Benoit intended from the outset.

Slant?  The article is about his weaknesses. You can read all the posts on here about how amazing he is. 

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There are very few "running him out of town." Seriously? The fans don't have control over whether or not Allen plays. We don't allow anything. We watch and hope for the best.?

There are obvious, concerning flaws in his game that need to be corrected. He also does some very good things as evidence by our offensive yardage rankings. 

Right, and he was addressing that few. The amount of fans, large or small, is irrelevant to the point he made which, again, is that some are too impatient and have already decided he needs to be replaced. 

I have no desire to discuss the flaws in his game with you. None. They exist. Period.

• Like (+1) 1

NO still have plenty of faith..

But now we know his obvious weaknesses. It is now  matter of watching him improve on them for the rest of this season and end strong

Edited by ddaryl

What I was trying to say is that we the fans are extremely impatient and that’s all. I understand That we’ve had bad quarterbacks like Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Losman and Manuel and Taylor. But I’m saying that we shouldn’t give up on the kid after year 2, your never gonna have continuity if we keep doing  the stupid and ridiculous  carousel  Of QBs that we’ve had since Kelly left. And yes I do blame the fans for their impatience and how quickly we want to run everyone out of town that doesn’t play like Jim. Can’t keep having those expectations on these QBS it’s never going to work. Allen I can see probably being the next Rothleserger. He ain’t ever gonna be the caliber QB that Jim is and that’s ok cause we honestly don’t need another Jim Kelly and personally I don’t want one. We already had Kelly

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What I was trying to say is that we the fans are extremely impatient and that’s all. I understand That we’ve had bad quarterbacks like Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Losman and Manuel and Taylor. But I’m saying that we shouldn’t give up on the kid after year 2, your never gonna have continuity if we keep doing  the stupid and ridiculous  carousel  Of QBs that we’ve had since Kelly left. And yes I do blame the fans for their impatience and how quickly we want to run everyone out of town that doesn’t play like Jim. Can’t keep having those expectations on these QBS it’s never going to work. Allen I can see probably being the next Rothleserger. He ain’t ever gonna be the caliber QB that Jim is and that’s ok cause we honestly don’t need another Jim Kelly and personally I don’t want one. We already had Kelly

Good post.  As much as we revere, Jim Kelly, he did have some horrid games at the worst possible times.  A couple super bowls as I recall.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

Good post.  As much as we revere, Jim Kelly, he did have some horrid games at the worst possible times.  A couple super bowls as I recall.  

Exactly. One game that comes to mind was the game vs Carolina when Reich was the starting QB over there. We won that game based of the running game and defense but if I’m correctly Kelly was like 3-20 156 yards 1 td- 4 INT

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

...better be careful with that "voice of reason stuff" around these parts.......suggest sleeping with a kevlar vest and a 44 under the pillow......

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 4:35 AM, CNYfan said:

I am a big Josh supporter but I thought he played poorly against Cincinnati.  I didn't see the game yesterday but it sounded bad.  Real bad.

That being said, I feel about this game like I felt about the Texans game last year: i.e. if Josh was there at the end the Bills would have won.  

I also now think that this weeks Titans game is the inflection point for the season.  Win, we rise, lose, we fall.

Well in the first half against Cincinnati, he played as well as you can play the position.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...better be careful with that "voice of reason stuff" around these parts.......suggest sleeping with a kevlar vest and a 44 under the pillow......

Boy ain't that the truth!  Thanks for the warning!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Exactly. One game that comes to mind was the game vs Carolina when Reich was the starting QB over there. We won that game based of the running game and defense but if I’m correctly Kelly was like 3-20 156 yards 1 td- 4 INT

I think you earn the right to dismiss the bad games. JA has not earned that yet. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I remember that game.  It was in the mid 90's.  Both QBs were terrible.  Weren't there 3 or 4 ex Bills playing for the Panthers? 

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I remember that game.  It was in the mid 90's.  Both QBs were terrible.  Weren't there 3 or 4 ex Bills playing for the Panthers? 

Yeah I can’t remember who exactly but I do remember that it was labeled as a big game because it was Kelly Vs Reich and both were horrible I think Reich only threw for a total of 44-47 yards LMAO but I think he had more completions than Kelly

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

16 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I think you earn the right to dismiss the bad games. JA has not earned that yet. 

...so 15 starts is a  TBD career?....hell as a collegiate QB, I 'd stay in school and get my PhD versus coming to Bflo.....SMH.....

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so 15 starts is a  TBD career?....hell as a collegiate QB, I 'd stay in school and get my PhD versus coming to Bflo.....SMH.....

Huh? Yes after 15 starts you have not proven yourself. Especially when in college you did not really prove yourself either. No way you can compare a Allen bad game to oh well Drew Brees and Tom Brady have bad games once in a while too. That is crazy talk.

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 6:26 AM, Phil The Thrill said:

there was 1 reason the Bills lost the game

Close games usually come down to several plays, any one of which can change a game.

• Allen's 3 INTs
  • RT whiffing leading to Barkley's INT?
  • Blocked punt?
  • Allen getting knocked out?
  • Failure to run in a TD from the 1 yard line or bad play call?
  • Dropped TD catch?
  • 15 yards of field position lost every punt exchange?

Defense balled out.