Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

Just now, Bangarang said:

He was already wrapped up before the hit and was still a few yards short of the 1st down. He takes a lot of hits and needs to be smarter when he runs. 

He does, but of course he didn’t know when he would be wrapped up. He thought he could outrun them or break their tackle attempts. If he knew he would get wrapped up he’d probably have decided to slide. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He does, but of course he didn’t know when he would be wrapped up. He thought he could outrun them or break their tackle attempts. If he knew he would get wrapped up he’d probably have decided to slide. 

I respect that he’s a gamer and wants to make a play but sometimes it’s more important to live to fight another down. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

I respect that he’s a gamer and wants to make a play but sometimes it’s more important to live to fight another down. 

I agree. He needs to find a balance there. Still figuring things out and it’s a tough lesson for him now. A throwaway is a good play, and a punt is better than a turnover from forcing a pass. Especially with the Bills defense.  

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I agree. He needs to find a balance there. Still figuring things out and it’s a tough lesson for him now. A throwaway is a good play, and a punt is better than a turnover from forcing a pass. Especially with the Bills defense.  

Honestly, if I were Daboll I would have Allen watch the game tape and focus on what Brady did Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This is really selective reasoning.  The INT’s were just ONE part Allen’s horrible game.  In your analysis you don’t take into account how his poor pocket presence took the Bills out of FG range twice and his sack knocked the Bills back 6 yards where Hauschka missed a FG.  

A 49 yard field goal is not out of range. 19 kickers made that range of kick 80+%  of the time last season. 12 made it 90+% and 8 made it 100% of the time.  Its a little disingenuous to say he took us out of field goal range twice just because Hauschka missed one.

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

His offseason should include a TON of watching Russell Wilson film. Live to fight another day. 

Or watch Brady film from yesterday...just throw it away when no ones open and the rush is coming. Better a punt than a sack or an interception.

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I think this is an excuse because those guys aren't exactly throwing to house hold names. I also don't see them making stupid decisions with the football. 

Allen puts the ball in harms way too often. Too many fumbles and too many interceptions. 

The Bills rebuilt the offensive line, rebuild the running back depth chart, rebuilt the receiver depth chart, and the results in the pass game haven't been much better. That's a big concern in my eyes. 

Mahomes isn't throwing to "household names?" Really?  Josh is nowhere near Mahomes but come on.

Just now, Motor26 said:

Or watch Brady film from yesterday...just throw it away when no ones open and the rush is coming. Better a punt than a sack or an interception.

Yep, I get that. I’d prefer Wilson. Brady looked strangely.....uninterested. Non-competitive, anything to avoid getting hit until the playoffs. Brady looked......OLD. I enjoyed that, despite the loss. Soon it will just be Belichick which was unfortunately barely enough yesterday. When was the last time Brady looked great? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

He should. Brady's very decisive when throwing it away. A few Superbowls help

It helps when you get away with grounding calls routinely , too. Allen will not be afforded that luxury. Still he’s got more than enough arm strength to throw it into the stands, and needs to do so. 

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

This is drastically underestimating the mistakes that put the Bills out of field goal range. Those were huge and key in losing the game. 

Bills had it at NWE 35 and Allen took bad sack putting them out of range

Bills had it at NWE 25 and Allen took bad sack, pushing FG to a 49 yarder which was missed

Bills had 1st downs around mid field on two of his int's

That is a lot of points left on table

They were at the 26 and the sack put them at the 31.  That kick was missed.  Allen doesn't kick the football.  I expect my kicker to make it from the 31 yard line.  I expect him to miss that about as often as I expect our punter to get blocked and give the other team 6 points.

I’m late to this party and there is way too much to read here from an IPhone. There is much more good than bad with Josh but I have to agree that he is doing the same stupid mistakes in each game this year and it’s really starting to becoming disturbing. 

In the first half I saw something that I wasn’t prepared for and that is Josh looked different from any other time in any other game this year. I don’t know how to say it but for the lack of a better term he looked like he was either scared or intimidated or just overwhelmed, like the game was too big for him. I don’t get it because I’ve seen him so many times being brazen and in that first half yesterday he looked timid. When have you ever see him go down like a sack of potatoes like he did in that first series or 2? I’m anxious to see how he is going to respond when he gets back in the field. I have no idea what to expect but his and this team’s success is going to depend on how he responds. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he comes back from this injury better and smarter than before, like he did from last year’s injury.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m late to this party and there is way too much to read here from an IPhone. There is much more good than bad with Josh but I have to agree that he is doing the same stupid mistakes in each game this year and it’s really starting to becoming disturbing. 

In the first half I saw something that I wasn’t prepared for and that is Josh looked different from any other time in any other game this year. I don’t know how to say it but for the lack of a better term he looked like he was either scared or intimidated or just overwhelmed, like the game was too big for him. I don’t get it because I’ve seen him so many times being brazen and in that first half yesterday he looked timid. When have you ever see him go down like a sack of potatoes like he did in that first series or 2? I’m anxious to see how he is going to respond when he gets back in the field. I have no idea what to expect but his and this team’s success is going to depend on how he responds. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he comes back from this injury better and smarter than before, like he did from last year’s injury.

This is what I saw aswell. I saw it against the Packers last year.

Panic.

He seems to stop playing the game and plays the moment. When I think about it it may be when he plays really good quarterbacks?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The only thing that dug the team into a hole was a blocked punt.

Really? Do you remember the throws that were basically gimmies that he missed badly? Those put the offense in poor situations and stalled drives; even the ones that didn't lead to interceptions. If he hits those easy throws, the offense is in better position to move the sticks and score points. Some of the issues can be attributed to facing a great defense, but some of them were 100 percent on Allen not completing the very basic throws that had nothing to do with the defense.

He did not play well. He needs to be better than that. I don't know why some are pretending otherwise, but that's what happened; plain and simple. 

This was his first big game. Let's just hope he learned from the experience and comes out more confident and loose the next go round. Just play football. Stop aiming. Stop worrying. Take what the defense gives you and throw the football to the open man. 

One thing I think they need to consider is going hurry up early in games. Give him less time to think about each throw so he's just out there playing football. He's at his best when he's not overthinking. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1