Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Stop making things up        Makes you look foolish.   

Pats defense is elite this season.     Deal in facts 

Greatest since '85 bears? Lmfao. Let the season play out. 

Yeah. A little. I was never really on board to begin with, but seeing the same mistakes in year 2 is concerning. He's also going to continue to get banged up if he continues to run the way he does and that is his calling card.

If he can't become more efficient, it's just not going to happen.

Love the kid. Love his moxie. He's really grown on me as a human being. But I just don't know at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Best defenses 2019 

bears

pats

bills 

85 bears don’t seem relevant here 

you and Phil keep crusading against a 3-1 qb though ??????‍♂️

if “crusading” means questioning whether a QB will stop turning the ball over 4 times a game then so be it.

Say what you will, but I am an Allen fan.  I want to see him succeed.  But I’m at the point where I need to see more progress.   There’s no way he should have played as poorly as he did yesterday 

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. A little. I was never really on board to begin with, but seeing the same mistakes in year 2 is concerning. He's also going to continue to get banged up if he continues to run the way he does and that is his calling card.

Love the kid. Love his moxie. He's really grown on me as a human being. But I just don't know at this point.

Nicely said - I’m in the same boat as you.  

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You are correct - I never compared EJ to Allen and I never thought Barkley should be played over Allen.  But to be fair....I don’t think anyone is hailing the NE defense as being THAT good.  That’s a bit of an exaggeration 

Have you listened to sports talk radio, watched NFLN or ESPN ? They are unabashedly gushing over NE on a daily basis. They’re wrong, but they are saying it. 

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Totally. Why was he running head first like a running back? I know he has running talent, I get it. Slide!! I found that more frustrating than the interceptions

Slide. You need to be there for the next play. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Why?

Because I think he’s young and still learning. Was it frustrating when he would look for the hero pass downfield vs. taking the short play? Yes. Has he also led us back for wins? Yes. 

The talent is there. The leadership is there. It’s too early, in my opinion, to give up on him. I still think he’ll be the answer and one loss to a great defense after he has been knocked out of it by a bull#### hit before he could potentially complete yet another comeback doesn’t change my mind. I think that is way too emotionally kneejerk.

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

if “crusading” means questioning whether a QB will stop turning the ball over 4 times a game then so be it.

Say what you will, but I am an Allen fan.  I want to see him succeed.  But I’m at the point where I need to see more progress.   There’s no way he should have played as poorly as he did yesterday 

Nicely said - I’m in the same boat as you.  

Obviously 4 turnovers a game cannot continue. It will be the end of JA if it does so no use in worrying. He will be replaced if it does. If the Bills HC and GM are ok with his progress, that’s what matters. Winning games matters most. Even with his mistakes, It was very possible that Allen pulls that game out. I didn’t get that sense with Barkley, but that’s just me. 

Anyway, it’s hardly shocking he had a bad outing vs a BB defense. If you had asked NFL media types if they would be surprised if Allen had his worst game to date in yesterday’s matchup, they invariably would have said “ not at all”. His track record vs young QBs is great. 

Allen absolutely needs to cut way down on the unforced errors. Throw it away, and live to fight another down. 

16 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Say what you will, but I am an Allen fan.  I want to see him succeed.  But I’m at the point where I need to see more progress.   There’s no way he should have played as poorly as he did yesterday .  

Big Ben sucks too !       Fire everyone !!! 

Fire Tom Brady too !!!    Bills shut him down 

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️         I feel shame for the Monday morning hot takers 

NE defense is awesome.     Deal with it.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

13 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Totally. Why was he running head first like a running back? I know he has running talent, I get it. Slide!! I found that more frustrating than the interceptions

Slide. You need to be there for the next play. 

Sliding wasn’t going to get the first down. There’s a time to slide and that wasn’t it. A cheap hit doesn’t mean you don’t fight for a key first down. 

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Big Ben sucks too !       Fire everyone !!! 

Fire Tom Brady too !!!    Bills shut him down 

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️         I feel shame for the Monday morning hot takers 

NE defense is awesome.     Deal with it.  

Your too emotionally charged to think logically.  

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sliding wasn’t going to get the first down. There’s a time to slide and that wasn’t it. A cheap hit doesn’t mean you don’t fight for a key first down. 

I hear you but his health as the franchise QB is more important than diving head first for a first down. His coach would say the same thing.

Its symptomatic of his moment to moment thinking which can be brilliant but can also be haphazard.

Easy to say after the event but weren't you concerned he would get injured at some point? He was getting hit alot and put himself in harm's way too much. I understand the game is about 'toughness' but if you keep running head first as a QB your going to get your head smashed sooner or later.