Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

EJ absolutely sucked and it was painfully obvious. He wasn’t going to magically become what people hoped he would be simply because he was given more time.

As hard as I am now on Josh this is very true...Josh is in no way sucking as obviously and clearly permanently as EJ did. EJ obviously would never be able to play. Josh just clearly can't play right now...unclear as to the future (although trending poorly). 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

No. Just.... no.

he threw 3 picks against what is being billed as the best defense since the ‘85 Bears. 

You know who else looked terrible against them? Ben Freaking Roethlisberger.

The Pats defense as the greatest defense is just utter and complete garbage. Stop with it. They've played total garbage offenses...including us. Our defense is better.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

No. Just.... no.

he threw 3 picks against what is being billed as the best defense since the ‘85 Bears. 

You know who else looked terrible against them? Ben Freaking Roethlisberger.

You are correct - I never compared EJ to Allen and I never thought Barkley should be played over Allen.  But to be fair....I don’t think anyone is hailing the NE defense as being THAT good.  That’s a bit of an exaggeration 

25 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They can't hit you in practice and game speed and practice speed is vastly different. So I don't think practice effectively recreates game conditions in order to help with his decision making. Also Josh can still as a starter practice under those conditions. The film is already out on him and he isn’t going to show a dramatic improvement in practice due to the conditions not being similar enough to an actual game. 

If this was footwork or some other aspect of his game that he needs tremendous work on then I would understand the idea that he might be better served to be benched for a game. But I don’t see decision making improving in a significant way without getting live games in. 

I also don’t buy this idea that Barkley somehow gives the team a better chance to win. Josh has his issues but Barkley is a limited QB in his own right and the team spending snaps on Barkley is kind of wasting starting snaps that could simply go to Josh. I honestly think that Josh gives the team as good if not a better chance to win. Josh adds a dynamic with his legs and his power arm that Barkley simply doesn’t. Yes Allen might make some mistakes that Barkley might not but I would rather see what I have in Josh and take his positives than to just start Barkely for no other reason than to satisfy fans frustrations over one game. 

You don't need to hit Allen to teach him how to respond to situations.

I was never sold on Allen (being honest, I wanted Rosen).

I really like how he's improved his accuracy on short throws this season (prior to the start of the Patriots game).

I don't like how he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. How many times has he gotten sacked (or taken intentional grounding penalty) to knock us out of FG range this season? How many times has he thrown off his back foot? How many "hero ball" plays have blown up in his face? 

He needs to cut down on the mistakes to earn my faith.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I don't even feel like BB did anything to make Josh Allen look bad, it was Josh Allen making Josh Allen look bad.  And that is the concerning part.

No he did.  Rather than run his ends of upfield , he kept Allen in the pocket.  Same strategy he has done against every mobile QB - including Flutie in 1999.  He also used spies and challenged Allen to beat them deep - which he was unable to do

2 minutes ago, dayman said:

The Pats defense as the greatest defense is just utter and complete garbage. Stop with it. They've played total garbage offenses...including us. Our defense is better.

Stop making things up        Makes you look foolish.   

Pats defense is elite this season.     Deal in facts 

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I was never sold on Allen (being honest, I wanted Rosen).

I really like how he's improved his accuracy on short throws this season (prior to the start of the Patriots game).

I don't like how he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. How many times has he gotten sacked (or taken intentional grounding penalty) to knock us out of FG range this season? How many times has he thrown off his back foot? How many "hero ball" plays have blown up in his face? 

He needs to cut down on the mistakes to earn my faith.  

Good take.  I feel the same way.  I’m still keeping an open mind on Allen but I need to see more

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Stop making things up        Makes you look foolish.   

Pats defense is elite this season.     Deal in facts 

an elite defense after 4 games....um ok

• Thank you (+1) 1