Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

If that’s what you see then you deserve Orton. Same for the brilliant guy pushing a jp losman agenda.

Watch the ***** games and leave your idiot glasses aside. The team had had too many lapses through 4 games,but I’m not in panic mode.

Yeah I watched the game. I watched our QB play the worst game of his career.

I lost faith in the moment.  I kinda did a bit vs jets too.

i will say tho, if josh were on the pitch in the 4th (the entire 4th) and not knocked out, we walk away a winner.

alpha once again puts the focus on the WR situation.  I think we are gonna have to run 21 personal a lot once Kroft comes back.  tiny wrs who get open all over, two giant athletic TEs, and a do everything back.  basically what the pats do.

5 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

I am pretty sure you will get mostly positve responses on this board, however I am pretty concerned and I can guarentee you, the Bills Front Office is also concerned: how

can you NOT be.  Allen is on pace after 4 games to compete 12 TDs and 24 INT's.  That is a 1:2 ration in the wrogn direction, and almost identifcal to last year's rookie stats.

There it is. 

2018 - QB Rating was 68

2019 QB Rating so far is 69.6

The improvement people keep referencing isn't backed up by stats. His completion percentage is up marginally, but everything else is as it was a year ago, and the big change is his rushing yards are way down from last season.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah I watched the game. I watched our QB play the worst game of his career.

Against Bill Belichick's defense.  Now go to the message board of the Patriots opponents week after week & you'll see someone saying the same thing.  That's because nobody does it better than Belichick & week after week, year after year he's made a career of making the opposing QB play the worst or close to the worst game of the QB's career.    

27 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

QBR and QB Rating aren't the same thing.

Appreciate the heads up,

but my point remains.

More to a QB and leader of a football team then shows up in the stats every week. Used to be completion percentage, now thats up detractors move on to something else. What amounts to about one full season play in game starts still leaves allot of developing for a QB entering the NFL about as raw and gifted with god given talent as they come in my humble opinion.

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't agree. They're not perfect but they're not bad either. 

Allen ranks at the bottom of the NFL in both categories. 

Looking at the guys ranked all around him (or just above him since he's near the bottom), there's no one who I'd think is a legit franchise QB.

Cam Newton and Big Ben are ranked directly ahead and behind him.  Oof.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Cam Newton and Big Ben are ranked directly ahead and behind him.  Oof.

Two QBs who look like they might be done in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Appreciate the heads up,

but my point remains.

More to a QB and leader of a football team then shows up in the stats every week. Used to be completion percentage, now thats up detractors move on to something else. What amounts to about one full season play in game starts still leaves allot of developing for a QB entering the NFL about as raw and gifted with god given talent as they come in my humble opinion.

Sure, there's more to it than just stats, but when your stats are as bad as Allen's, it's just a matter of time until you get benched. 

You can't be at the bottom of the NFL in passer efficiency and be a legit franchise QB. At some point the excuses run out and you actually have to put up numbers. 

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hell no.      If he finishes the game we probably win.  

All these sky are falling at 3-1 posts are pretty lame 

I don't think anyone fully understands the context of all of this at this point in the season, but 3-1 at the end of September. I'll attribute most of this, including my own emotions, to the Pats week hangover - especially after a championship defensive performance - but the reality is that we're 3-1, with Josh.

This after an entire offseason of excitement, sure, but most of us thought this would still be a sub-.500 win team this year, maybe some true hopefuls pulling for 9-7 or 10-6, but let's put this all into context: most everyone thought we were at least another year, if not two, away from competing. Not the playoffs, not the SB, but simply competing. At the end of last year, we all knew our Defense was stout but they were prone to letting games get away from them with an anemic offense, and our offense left us no where to go but up, literally, it was the worst in myriad ways. And in less than a year from then, this team goes 3-1 in their first four games of the season. The the one loss? It came to the team that just won the SB, may very well do it again this year, and was still a game that was another single drive away from a similar finish to Week 1. Contrary to most of the chicken little hot takes, our Defense didn't let three INTs and a fumble catalyze the typical runaway we see from the Pats games every year. Our offense, while facing one of the best D's in the league, stalled, but still did something no team has done since last year's SB: score a TD. Hell, we were a handful of yards away from scoring at least twice more, and this with a roster that was assembled and has only been together a grand total of 4 months....that's unreal.

Before I'm gifted the rose colored glasses, there were plenty of mistakes to learn from and bad play from Josh to critique, among others, but he's not perfect and he's not going to be perfect. It's year 2, and for where he is in his development thus far is leaving most of us not just hopeful for next season (which is where a lot of people would be resigning themselves to at this point last year and years before), but hopeful for the rest of this season. I'm upset he likely won't get the chance to continue his development bounce back for this week against the Titans, but with a two week stretch and three home games following, there's no reason to say we won't go 3-1 in our next four games as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

I know it’s Benoit, but this an example of Allen not reading what the Pats are doing here. Gotta make a quick throw as soon as the ball is snapped.

Somebody has to be open during Allen’s progression through his reads for him to make a quick throw.  I’m sure there are people he may have missed on certain plays, but also there were many plays where our guys just didn’t get their jobs done and get open.

For a QB to drop back and fire, that means the hot read needs to win his initial route immediately.  It also is greatly impacted by the routes called as some routes take time to develop. So if the short route isn’t open and the down field routes are still developing (or not open), then Allen won’t have a place to drop and fire too. 

Even the commentary during the game and even in halftime show repeatedly talked about how nobody is getting open for Josh which leads to coverage sacks or ill advised throws being forced as Allen tries to hard to make something happen.

Edited by Alphadawg7

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Two QBs who look like they might be done in the NFL.

Sure, there's more to it than just stats, but when your stats are as bad as Allen's, it's just a matter of time until you get benched. 

You can't be at the bottom of the NFL in passer efficiency and be a legit franchise QB. At some point the excuses run out and you actually have to put up numbers. 

Tom Brady had a 45.9 rating yesterday.  Is he done too?

I’ve tried to remain cautiously optimistic about Allen. One bad or good game shouldn’t sway your opinion one way or the other.

I am seeing concerning trends though. His bonehead throws and decision making are an obvious problem. I get it, young QBs make mistakes but Allen seems to keep making the same ones. He still has a lot of work to do before I consider him a franchise QB.

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I was at the game Sunday and there was 1 reason the Bills lost the game.  They lost the game for one reason - Josh Allen.  He was absolutely putrid at QB.  I’m a big fan of Allen but he was THE reason why we lost.  

We’re starting to get to the point where you can’t use the whole “lack of experience” excuses for Allen.  For all the progress be seemed to make, we still see him revert back to the traits (holding onto the ball, poor footwork passing up short routes, inaccuracies) from college.  

We saw on Sunday that the thing he does well, scrambling, leaves his open for huge cheap shots to the head.  

He also doesn’t seem to be elevating the offense either.  Take a look at how much better NYG has been since Daniel Jones took over last week.  Or how much better Cleveland was behind Baker and not Tyrod.  Or to a MUCH lesser extent Gardiner Minshew in Jacksonville.   Allen has struggled to generate much more than 20 points per game.

So have you lost faith in Josh Allen?

If you haven’t lost faith, what give you hope that he will eventually start elevating the offense?  

I’m completely on the fence, but trending toward skepticism, unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

So you're not concerned abot his 1 : 2 TD to INT ration again this year?

He's on pace after 4 games to throw 24 picks....  That's even worse than E.J. Manual bad.

You are bringing up EJ Manuel’s name? Good lord. 

Allen is the answer. Nobody and I mean nobody is perfect. Allen I believe just played his 16th game in the NFL. He is progressing. Go back and watch anyone who you think is a great quarterback. They play bad games. They get better. No I am not the least bit concerned about Allen. He is young, he is emotional, and he wants to be great. Oh and he has more physical talent than any other QB in the game. Yesterday he was too emotional. I will concede that. I think that goes away as he is presented with the situation more. I also think the emotion points to what Allen wants, to win for himself, his team, and for us. 

Guys it is easy to beat up on Allen today. Allen isn’t why we lost that game. He finishes it and the Bills win it. 

Josh looked very confused.  He was having a hard time reading the defense.  He was forcing passes and throwing off the back foot.  Belicheat is a great coach and prepares his team well.  Josh will need to do lot's of film study on all his opponents in the future to learn and get more confident.  Our coaches need to do a better job on offense in preparing the team and instilling confidence in them in my opinion.

Our offense was outmatched.  But our defense looked incredible.  Excelllent job.  Defense plays with purpose and will keep getting better.  They are scary.

We have to hope the offense gets better and more confident.  Josh needs to prepare and have confidence in his ability to read a defense and keep working on his fundamentals.  I really want him to bounce back strong.  Knox is looking good.  We need Singletary back as he gives us an awesome weapon out of the backfield.

On to Tennessee!!!  Hey we are still 3-1.  Schedule looks good.  

Today NFL rankings:

Defense:

1. Patriots

2.Bills

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Somebody has to be open during Allen’s progression through his reads for him to make a quick throw.  I’m sure there are people he may have missed on certain plays, but also there were many plays where our guys just didn’t get their jobs done and get open.

For a QB to drop back and fire, that means the hot read needs to win his initial route immediately.  It also is greatly impacted by the routes called as some routes take time to develop. So if the short route isn’t open and the down field routes are still developing (or not open), then Allen won’t have a place to drop and fire too. 

Even the commentary during the game and even in halftime show repeatedly talked about how nobody is getting open for Josh which leads to coverage sacks or ill advised throws being forced as Allen tries to hard to make something happen.

This has nothing to do with the receivers.

The issue in this clip is that the Pats have 8 men in the box and are showing blitz and Allen has 7 guys into block. 

The math isn't on his side. He doesn't have enough guys to block the number of potential rushers.

Instead of recognizing this and changing the play, Allen takes the snap and takes his usual drop as if he has no idea that a blitz is coming. He takes a 5 step drop from shotgun, and makes no effort to get the ball out of his hands to a receiver to either complete a pass or avoid a sack. He just takes the sack, oblivious to the fact that the safety coming off the edge was coming unblocked. 

As happened numerous times yesterday, Allen really struggled to read the defense pre and post snap. This is an example of that. 

• Like (+1) 1