McD Presser

Virgil

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Daboll screwed that call up on third down.

I think he knew he was going for it on 4th and had Gore gotten closer to the goal line they'd have likely run him again on the next play.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

yes, that was egregious, but he made his own bed by challenging two plays that he shouldn't have challenged. He was wrong on both of those.

The hold on Gilmore wasn't a hold - it was a potential PI because it occurred after the ball was thrown. The reason it was picked up was because the throw was horrible - five yards behind the receiver - and therefore uncatchable. 

The challenge on the sideline interception was the right challenge and shockingly the officials in NY made a mistake that favored the Pats.  The DB was juggling the ball while grabbed by Jones who was OB.  That challenge should have reversed the call.

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The challenge on the sideline interception was the right challenge and shockingly the officials in NY made a mistake that favored the Pats.  The DB was juggling the ball while grabbed by Jones who was OB.  That challenge should have reversed the call.

yeah, agreed about that one, but I still feel like the Bills deserved that INT - he threw the ball into freaking triple coverage. Terrible play.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If the play is not whistled dead for unimpeded to the QB, then all the same rules apply. 

Of course. It would be egregious to deliver a helmet to helmet hit, to throw a chop block,  or rough the passer simply because the player was offside. Just using common sense, I'd assume holding occurs with some regularity in those situations, and I think it's an uncommon result to that sort of play. 

Dave McBride has seen it with some regularity, so be it. 

Simply making a point, but some view the officials as having run an A+ game.  I do not. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I've seen that happy a number of times over the years. 

Is the number 3 over the years, or 56? The holding call variety. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Of course. It would be egregious to deliver a helmet to helmet hit, to throw a chop block,  or rough the passer simply because the player was offside. Just using common sense, I'd assume holding occurs with some regularity in those situations, and I think it's an uncommon result to that sort of play. 

Dave McBride has seen it with some regularity, so be it. 

Simply making a point, but some view the officials as having run an A+ game.  I do not. 

Is the number 3 over the years, or 56? The holding call variety. 

I'm talking about plays where the QB gets a free play because the D is offside, goes deep, and a penalty gets called on the offense (holding, hands to the face, whatever). It's hardly unheard of.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I'm talking about plays where the QB gets a free play because the D is offside, goes deep, and a penalty gets called on the offense (holding, hands to the face, whatever). It's hardly unheard of.

I never said it was unheard of, I understand it's not a "free play", I just don't see it as a common outcome. Or a regular outcome of that play.  You said you've seen it a number of times, I just wondered how often you have seen it?  

Once a weekend for 10 years?  40 times over the course of the year?  Once every 2 years?  

Doesn't really matter anyway, but I try to learn after the emotion of the game has settled.

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I never said it was unheard of, I understand it's not a "free play", I just don't see it as a common outcome. Or a regular outcome of that play.  You said you've seen it a number of times, I just wondered how often you have seen it?  

Once a weekend for 10 years?  40 times over the course of the year?  Once every 2 years?  

Doesn't really matter anyway, but I try to learn after the emotion of the game has settled.

Oh, I don't know. I'm including college games here too, going back four decades. I can't offer a count. I have just seen it enough to not be surprised when it happens. I'm not saying it's common, btw. 

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

yes, that was egregious, but he made his own bed by challenging two plays that he shouldn't have challenged. He was wrong on both of those.

The hold on Gilmore wasn't a hold - it was a potential PI because it occurred after the ball was thrown. The reason it was picked up was because the throw was horrible - five yards behind the receiver - and therefore uncatchable. 

I can’t find a replay of it but my recollection was it was in front of him but at his feet. With out the tug he could have dove or fell for it. Could be wrong because I only saw it once and went in other room yelling

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

I can’t find a replay of it but my recollection was it was in front of him but at his feet. With out the tug he could have dove or fell for it. Could be wrong because I only saw it once and went in other room yelling

We might be talking about different plays. The one I'm thinking of was way behind him. It was at the 15 or so yard line of NE.

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

We might be talking about different plays. The one I'm thinking of was way behind him. It was at the 15 or so yard line of NE.

I don’t remember what yard line it was but it was play where Gilmore was flagged for holding or interference but they picked it up. Either way it was a bad pass lol

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

12 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

I listened to that earlier tonite on youtube. And yeah, he sounds quite pissed. Hopefully, it motivates the whole team next weekend

He looks very angry at Allen after each one of his turnovers. Daboll looked like he had enough of Allen at one point. 

There were many terrible calls made by the refs yesterday, enough to call their impartiality into question. Blatant facemask on Josh that the ref was 5 yards away from and looking directly at the play, the obvious PI, not ejecting a player for a helmet to helmet that knocked our QB out of the game, non-call on intentional grounding for Brady, FG vaulting that wasn't called... so yeah, we played nauseatingly bad on Offense, but the Pats had help. Take away the special teams score and their Offense didn't play particularly well either. I am happy with our D.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh, I don't know. I'm including college games here too, going back four decades. I can't offer a count. I have just seen it enough to not be surprised when it happens. I'm not saying it's common, btw. 

Lets just agree it has happened 6 times over your four decades, 3 were in college games, 2 occurred in the pros and #6 was yesterday.  Everyone wins, mostly me because I'm working myself into a frenzy and Dave, you're slowing me the %$#@ down! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Lets just agree it has happened 6 times over your four decades, 3 were in college games, 2 occurred in the pros and #6 was yesterday.  Everyone wins, mostly me because I'm working myself into a frenzy and Dave, you're slowing me the %$#@ down! 

Fair enough! You win. I'm good with that.

• Like (+1) 1