McD Presser

Virgil

I watched it & he did not seem real happy in any way & he addressed the elephant in the room being Josh !

He was very up front with saying he didn't take what they were given & tried to make something happen & he shouldn't have ! But this will be a good lesson going forward given they have the tape & he can watch just how foolish it was to do some of the things he did !! 

I think the Bills will split with the Pats & i'm glad they had this game this early because the lesson in this one he (Josh) will be able to carry on into the season & will ultimately help him down the line !! 

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Of course they never showed the replay so as not to call attention to the fact that the refs are in the tank for the Pats.

I think that was the non-call that infuriated me the most...making that FG would have allowed the Bills to kick a FG to tie the game from the one instead of going for it on fourth down.

Nothing ticked me off more than that offensive pass interference they ignored....even when it was challenged!!!!!!!!¡. 

The WR makes ZERO attempt at a route, runs and diverts directly at our DB.  The. Trips him with his leg.  

How can you not call that?!??!?  EVEN ON REVIEW!!!!!

27 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

The play where Brady threw the ball away from inside the pocket while running straight backwards was pretty blatant also. They still would have punted but would have been more yards in field position.

Looked like a little B word not wanting to be touched.

Brady does this many times a game.  For whatever reason he has never one time I. His career been called for it until yesterday.  And even then they missed even more obvious intentional groundings the rest of the game

Edited by peterpan
  • Like (+1) 1

Another call with the refs was on a 3rd and 4 play in the second half.  Our OL is BLATENTLY holding one of their DL.  Their DL then reaches out and grabs Allen SQUARELY on the facemask.  The official is maybe 4 yards away watching this entire sequence.   Both extremely obvious calls.  Both ignored. 

It should have been offsetting penalties and replay the down, which would have benefited Buffalo.  But that's not the point.  The point is, why the no call? It was right in front of the ref!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Of course they never showed the replay so as not to call attention to the fact that the refs are in the tank for the Pats.

I think that was the non-call that infuriated me the most...making that FG would have allowed the Bills to kick a FG to tie the game from the one instead of going for it on fourth down.

THIS^^^  CBS failed to show replays all too often yesterday.  Half the time we couldn't tell about the calls because they refused to show them.  It's all part of keeping the Cheats myth alive.  Yesterday was the final straw for me.  That game was as scripted as a WWE match.

I thought both team got away with some stuff early on but it's like as soon as the officials realized NE was in trouble they went haywire.

The Brown ball placement.  He was down at the 1.  No clue how they placed the ball outside the 2. 

The hold on Gilmore.   They apparently picked up the flag on PI, but never bothered to flag the obvious hold?

The INT review.  YOU REVIEWED THE PLAY!   Don't you know the rules?  How do you miss that and Gene Steratore has to put you on blast?

Intentional grounding doesn't exist in Brady's world.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

don't blame him for being pissed. they had a chance at that game. defense held brady and company to 9 points. offense scored 10. had they not got the blocked punt this could of been a bills win.

yeah, I'm kind of pissed too. I picked the bills to lose but I woke up yesterday really feeling they win. well, as the saying goes, can't hang with the big dogs, stay off the porch.

they still have a way to go to hang with the contenders of the league, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought the worst was the spot after Brown's catch on 2nd and goal.  He clearly got just inside the 1.  Clearly.  The ball was spotted just outside the 2.

yes, that was egregious, but he made his own bed by challenging two plays that he shouldn't have challenged. He was wrong on both of those.

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I thought both team got away with some stuff early on but it's like as soon as the officials realized NE was in trouble they went haywire.

The Brown ball placement.  He was down at the 1.  No clue how they placed the ball outside the 2. 

The hold on Gilmore.   They apparently picked up the flag on PI, but never bothered to flag the obvious hold?

The INT review.  YOU REVIEWED THE PLAY!   Don't you know the rules?  How do you miss that and Gene Steratore has to put you on blast?

Intentional grounding doesn't exist in Brady's world.

The hold on Gilmore wasn't a hold - it was a potential PI because it occurred after the ball was thrown. The reason it was picked up was because the throw was horrible - five yards behind the receiver - and therefore uncatchable. 

38 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

don't blame him for being pissed. they had a chance at that game. defense held brady and company to 9 points. offense scored 10. had they not got the blocked punt this could of been a bills win.

yeah, I'm kind of pissed too. I picked the bills to lose but I woke up yesterday really feeling they win. well, as the saying goes, can't hang with the big dogs, stay off the porch.

they still have a way to go to hang with the contenders of the league, unfortunately.

Yea, about 1 1/2 yards.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

yes, that was egregious, but he made his own bed by challenging two plays that he shouldn't have challenged. He was wrong on both of those.

The hold on Gilmore wasn't a hold - it was a potential PI because it occurred after the ball was thrown. The reason it was picked up was because the throw was horrible - five yards behind the receiver - and therefore uncatchable. 

Another overly complex rule that is far too subjective. Ref throws a flag, ref saw something that was a penalty.  Conference ensues, we can only presume a debate about the catchability of the ball ensues where the officials considere the trajectory of the ball and speed/lack thereof of receiver, with each official with a diff vantage point.

The only thing that was certain was the flag was thrown after the receiver was grabbed.  Now, if you want to review these plays with the video footage and determine a catchable ball of not, well that's alway an option. 

On this officiating note, btw, I cannot recall a time when an obv  Offside was offset by a holding call. Does the lineman surrender the pass rush and allow the QB to be hit given that the defensive player got a major jump on the ball? 

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Another overly complex rule that is far too subjective. Ref throws a flag, ref saw something that was a penalty.  Conference ensues, we can only presume a debate about the catchability of the ball ensues where the officials considere the trajectory of the ball and speed/lack thereof of receiver, with each official with a diff vantage point.

The only thing that was certain was the flag was thrown after the receiver was grabbed.  Now, if you want to review these plays with the video footage and determine a catchable ball of not, well that's alway an option. 

On this officiating note, btw, I cannot recall a time when an obv  Offside was offset by a holding call. Does the lineman surrender the pass rush and allow the QB to be hit given that the defensive player got a major jump on the ball? 

I've seen that happy a number of times over the years. 

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If the play is not whistled dead for unimpeded to the QB, then all the same rules apply. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Nothing ticked me off more than that offensive pass interference they ignored....even when it was challenged!!!!!!!!¡. 

The WR makes ZERO attempt at a route, runs and diverts directly at our DB.  The. Trips him with his leg.  

How can you not call that?!??!?  EVEN ON REVIEW!!!!!

Brady does this many times a game.  For whatever reason he has never one time I. His career been called for it until yesterday.  And even then they missed even more obvious intentional groundings the rest of the game

Lots of pass interference calls have been challenged and reviewed, and even when it seems clear to the outside observer that the refs got it wrong (either calling a penalty that wasn't there or was ticky-tack and probably should not have been called) or failing to call interference when it should have been (both offense and defense) the league office has not overturned the call or non-call.  Clearly, the league, or at least the officials, don't like being proved wrong on penalties and the bad call has to be so flagrant as to raise the suggestion of officials throwing the game.  

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought the worst was the spot after Brown's catch on 2nd and goal.  He clearly got just inside the 1.  Clearly.  The ball was spotted just outside the 2.

Yeah, that pissed me off as well. The difference between the 1 and the 2 is huge. I trust Gore plowing into the end zone from the 1, from the 2 with a stacked front it's asking a lot.