I know it and you know it, Josh Allen was about to take the game over.

BillsBlue

What a tough way to lose the game!!!! Roast me, call me crazy but I've seen it in every 4th q comeback he's had all of a sudden he hits a groove and starts making plays left and right. It started to happen at the last bit of play before the 2nd q ended, Allen figured out their defense and started going to work. He came out in the third quarter and put in work and by the end of the third quarter it was evident he was putting the team on his back and willing another 4th q comeback. Hell I'd bet anything that he would've gotten into the endzone on 1 of the 3 or 4 chances Barkley had when he ran out of downs. At the end of the day New England knew they had to knock Allen out of the game once he got rolling. 

In summation- If Allen wasn't cheap shotted we win that game. Does he need to change his decisions and not throw off his back foot while being hit??? Yes, is he as clutch as it gets when the game is on the line??? Absolutely

Ps- Gore should've gotten more touches, Knox needs to be fed he has hands of glue, bring up the Duke and bench Zay(ps I was a big Zay supporter in the past). 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 7

I was really hoping for a Willis reed type entrance back to the field with 3 mins left, then run for first down after first down until we hit the end zone and get the W

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

Agree. JA was our best chance to win. That game plan was terrible, and should have been quick one to two step drops with the ball out.

Dabol did a terrible job.

Gotta see the all 22 imo.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I was really hoping for a Willis reed type entrance back to the field with 3 mins left, then run for first down after first down until we hit the end zone and get the W

Gotta see the all 22 imo.  

I also was really hoping he came back out for the last couple minutes honestly he seemed fine and not punch drunk in the least but you gotta protect this kids melon imo he's too important we need him for the Long haul better safe than sorry 

• Like (+1) 1

The guy has a knack for coming from behind. It’s a shame a cheap shot to the head didn’t let us get to see how it might have played out. Maybe Brady will be next, then we’ll see action by the league. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It’ll be a big what if hanging over the season. Two truths at play here: 

1- He had plenty of chances to win the game and blew them one right after the other 

2- he seems to have a knack for doing enough to win when the chips are down.

I personally think we win if he doesn’t get knocked out, but I’m not gonna begrudge anyone the opinion that he was just as likely to make another critical mistake. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

I also was really hoping he came back out for the last couple minutes honestly he seemed fine and not punch drunk in the least but you gotta protect this kids melon imo he's too important we need him for the Long haul better safe than sorry 

Concussion protocol takes quite some time. If there’s even a hint of a problem you will never see a return. Cheap shot that never seems to happen to Brady. Why? Because Brady dumps the ball off at the closet hint of pressure.

My issue is with the zebras, that interception where D back lost the ball while our defender touched while out of bounds should have been incomplete. That clown In NY is biased.

Edited by dlonce
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

Concussion protocol takes quite some time. If there’s even a hint of a problem you will never see a return. Cheap shot that never seems to happen to Brady. Why? Because Brady dumps the ball off at the closet hint of pressure.

Doesn't take time if you have no symptoms.

• Like (+1) 2

I really wish the NFL cared about illegal hits to the head that injure players, and take it as seriously as they claim to. That spearing was something which should rate at least a 4 game timeout. Considering Bill Billichecks team has a history of illegal hits to Mcbeane's Bills, intended to injure, and do injure, the Pats' org should be held responsible. Take away their 2d round pick, too. 

I do think Allen is smart enough to be able to pass protocol and be ready next week. Now, if Mcbeane should play him is another story...

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Doesn't take time if you have no symptoms.

It was tough to tell if he actually was knocked out cold or not because as he fell from the hit he had an expression on his face and wasn't out so it was tough because he appeared lifeless on the ground though ?

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

I really wish the NFL cared about illegal hits to the head that injure players, and take it as seriously as they claim to. That spearing was something which should rate at least a 4 game timeout. Considering Bill Billichecks team has a history of illegal hits to Mcbeane's Bills, intended to injure, and do injure, the Pats' org should be held responsible. Take away their 2d round pick, too. 

I do think Allen is smart enough to be able to pass protocol and be ready next week. Now, if Mcbeane should play him is another story...

My honest opinion is this, he's on the cusp of getting to the next level, he just needs to turn the corner and learn that certain throws ie when he's on his back foot or falling backwards are just plain not an option(also throws into double coverage), if he cuts these out of his game and we can also have him throw with Duke a ton (I want Allen inactive next week and basically effectively benched to learn his lesson about playing hero ball and just toning it down a smidge) and get ready for the game after the bye(obviously I want Zays snaps given to Duke from the game after the bye onwards)  and we should sit singletary till then too imo to come out hot and make a major playoff run the rest of the year.  It's a rare opportunity to bench Allen without controversy with a perfectly acceptable excuse so he can watch a game from the sideline picking dabolls mind and correcting his thought process via mental snaps. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen really needs to improve those mental mistakes and unforced errors. He needs to protect the football. 

For comparative sake Allen has thrown picks on 18 of his 451 career attempts. Kaepernick threw 30 on 1692 career attempts. If Allen keeps up this pick rate he will have 68 picks at 1692 attempts. Brady has thrown 172 picks on 9,520 attempts. If Allen would reached 9,520 attempts at his rate he’d have 380 picks at Brady’s attempts. Aaron Rodgers is even more amazing, 81 picks on 5,638 attempts, Allen would be at 225 picks. 

The boneheaded interceptions make coaches stay up at night and let down the defense. They are unforced errors and I believe McDermott will only tolerate these horrible decisions for so long.

Edited by Dr.Sack

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Do you know what it requires?  Can you tell us?  Seriously.  Just want to know what it requires.

Yes, it’s a series of questions along with a physicians diagnosis. I know because I’ve been involved with it.

The type of hit taken requires a 100% full clear exam. The least bit of an issue keeps a guy from returning, even if he  fails one question. Absurd as the question is, like what down was it.

It can take an hour or longer, depending  on the type of hit and if the player appeared to be injured by it.

I am connected with the physicians involved. I’m told Allen will return next week unless he exhibits headaches.

• Thank you (+1) 4