18/39 150 yards 0 TD 1 INT 3.8 ypa - The Day we became the best D in the game

JerseyBills

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Don’t be disingenuous. 

Ask yourself, who had the tougher offense to take on. If the Chiefs had a better O up to that point it was a negligible difference. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats weren’t #1 after the first 3 weeks.

II would think anyone would agree that the Pats O was heads and shoulders better. It’s Brady, what did he do?

Anyone would agree the Pats offense is more prolific than the Chiefs?   Not only more prolific but head and shoulders better?  And you tell me to not be disingenuous?  LOL

6 hours ago, transient said:

Part of the Patriots*** dominance lies in their confidence and their ability to get into other teams' heads... a big part of that dies with the end of Brady's career, probably even more of it if he falls to pieces before our very eyes before he retires and loses a few games along the way that they otherwise wouldn't have lost.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That was Tom Brady's statline today... Of course the running attack killed us for over 200 yards or so . Nope , not today. 74 rush yards on 23 attempts for a whopping 3.2 ypc... That's brilliance right there. That's Championship level defense . 

Ya but it's only week 4 , Pat's have started slow in the past. 

Week 1 - 24/36 341 yards 3 TD 0 INT 9.5 ypa

Week 2 - 20/28 264 yards 2 TD 0 INT 9.4 ypa

Week 3 - 28/42 304 yards 2 TD 0 INT 7.6 ypa

Week 4 - 18/39 150 yards 0 TD 1 INT 3.8 ypa

The Bills' defense did its part in the first half by limiting Brady to 9 of 22 for 90 yards and an interception. It was Brady's lowest completion percentage in the first half since he went 7 for 19 in a 27-26 win over Cleveland on Dec. 8, 2013.

Allen was awful today but Brady was equally as bad , minus 2 picks , I think it was 2 amazing secondaries battling it out and the QBs were the victims. Our victim just happens to be the GOAT at QB. 

This Pats team came in scoring 33 , 43 and 30 points. They're a GREAT offense and we made them look terrible. Defense held them to 1 TD and 1 FG. That is just Amazing , even if it was at Home. 4 weeks in and this D has yet to give up 20 points in a game. 

i truly think they're that good. This defense can take this team on a playoff run. It's year 3 for McD and he has built a Championship level defense and it was on full display today. Absolutely brilliant play.

Your D is very good, both D’s were very good. Are the Bills the best in the NFL? (Shrug) who knows I’m sure other teams point to this or that just be happy they are top 3. (No I don’t want name the other two but heck top 3 is championship level) 

It will be fun seeing the Bills at the razor. Hopefully everyone is healthy and we have another great game.  Now focus on the Titans.. they will not be a pushover.

33 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Your D is very good, both D’s were very good. Are the Bills the best in the NFL? (Shrug) who knows I’m sure other teams point to this or that just be happy they are top 3. (No I don’t want name the other two but heck top 3 is championship level) 

It will be fun seeing the Bills at the razor. Hopefully everyone is healthy and we have another great game.  Now focus on the Titans.. they will not be a pushover.

Respect.  That was a dog fight. Well I think that was the 2 best defenses in the league. The Bears are in that conversation as well  That was a dog fight. Divisional slugfest . 

Bills rookie RB Devin Singletary was a big loss for us yesterday but you guys did it without Hightower , so no excuses. Looking forward to the rematch to see the adjustments made but yesterday the Pats made more plays (Blocked Punt, multiple ints) and deserved the hard fought W. Minus that Jones hit on Allen.

Titans are definitely no pushover. Big game, tough game for Buf going into a bye , followed by 3 straight at Home. 

Edited by JerseyBills

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

Anyone would agree the Pats offense is more prolific than the Chiefs?   Not only more prolific but head and shoulders better?  And you tell me to not be disingenuous?  LOL

You’re misunderstanding, they were statistically right with the Chiefs up to this game. Maybe not by the end of the season but were coming into this game. They will likely be a top 5 offense by the end of the year. The Bills stifled them like a boss. Nuance is your friend. It’s not either or as you’d like  to make it. 

15 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You’re misunderstanding, they were statistically right with the Chiefs up to this game. Maybe not by the end of the season but were coming into this game. They will likely be a top 5 offense by the end of the year. The Bills stifled them like a boss. Nuance is your friend. It’s not either or as you’d like  to make it. 

Absolutely agreed. 

For some perspective on how dominant we were , let's take a look at their previous games this year. 

Total Yards - 

Pitt - 308

NE - 465

Miami - 184

Pat's - 379

Jets - 105 

Pat's - 381

Bills - 375

Pat's - 224

Held them to 150 less yards per game (Unbelievable ) and 9 points , as I said in the op they have scored at least 30 points in prior games.

So ya , we completely shut down one of the best Os in the game. Can't say enough about their performance.

• Like (+1) 1