18/39 150 yards 0 TD 1 INT 3.8 ypa - The Day we became the best D in the game

JerseyBills

That was Tom Brady's statline today... Of course the running attack killed us for over 200 yards or so . Nope , not today. 74 rush yards on 23 attempts for a whopping 3.2 ypc... That's brilliance right there. That's Championship level defense . 

Ya but it's only week 4 , Pat's have started slow in the past. 

Week 1 - 24/36 341 yards 3 TD 0 INT 9.5 ypa

Week 2 - 20/28 264 yards 2 TD 0 INT 9.4 ypa

Week 3 - 28/42 304 yards 2 TD 0 INT 7.6 ypa

Week 4 - 18/39 150 yards 0 TD 1 INT 3.8 ypa

The Bills' defense did its part in the first half by limiting Brady to 9 of 22 for 90 yards and an interception. It was Brady's lowest completion percentage in the first half since he went 7 for 19 in a 27-26 win over Cleveland on Dec. 8, 2013.

Allen was awful today but Brady was equally as bad , minus 2 picks , I think it was 2 amazing secondaries battling it out and the QBs were the victims. Our victim just happens to be the GOAT at QB. 

This Pats team came in scoring 33 , 43 and 30 points. They're a GREAT offense and we made them look terrible. Defense held them to 1 TD and 1 FG. That is just Amazing , even if it was at Home. 4 weeks in and this D has yet to give up 20 points in a game. 

i truly think they're that good. This defense can take this team on a playoff run. It's year 3 for McD and he has built a Championship level defense and it was on full display today. Absolutely brilliant play.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This D is that good. Edmunds became a big factor today. Loved seeing that. 

The secondary is just that good.

weakest link right now is DE. Johnson might develop into something. If he doesn’t, we know Beane will get that addressed. 

This is Brady’s last season. Between now and when we play them on 12/22, I think a lot more things will become clear. Brady doesn’t have it. Brady’s arm is less than what Fitz’s arm was when he was with the Bills. I hope the entire league goes after him. Brady isn’t who he was and I’m glad our d showed it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Somehow despite Allen's putridity today, the Bills outgained the mighty Pats offense 375 to 224.  

The Pats had SEVEN three and outs, one four and out, and one five and out.  

I finished the game telling myself I had just watched the two best defenses in the AFC, and possibly in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This D is that good. Edmunds became a big factor today. Loved seeing that. 

The secondary is just that good.

weakest link right now is DE. Johnson might develop into something. If he doesn’t, we know Beane will get that addressed. 

This is Brady’s last season. Between now and when we play them on 12/22, I think a lot more things will become clear. Brady doesn’t have it. Brady’s arm is less than what Fitz’s arm was when he was with the Bills. I hope the entire league goes after him. Brady isn’t who he was and I’m glad our d showed it. 

While I hope you’re correct, it’s one thing to show the blueprint, quite another to execute it.  

The 3 best defenses in the league are probably the Bears, Bills and Patriots. 

The Pats are going to light up their next 3 opponents.  

To give up 4 picks...4! And a blocked punt for a TD...to be in a one score game at the end was amazing D.  I love this D.  Let's hope Allen heals up and learns and curbs the mental mistakes. They do that and this is easily playoff team.  And could go relatively deep in the playoffs.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not to mention the constant pressure made Brady throw it away time after time...sometimes to no one and from inside the tackle box, hmmmm....thanks for nothing zebras!!

Alot of funny business with the refs today.  Very inconsistent and biased.  I guess that's the Kraft empire for ya

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That was Tom Brady's statline today... Of course the running attack killed us for over 200 yards or so . Nope , not today. 74 rush yards on 23 attempts for a whopping 3.2 ypc... That's brilliance right there. That's Championship level defense . 

Ya but it's only week 4 , Pat's have started slow in the past. 

Week 1 - 24/36 341 yards 3 TD 0 INT 9.5 ypa

Week 2 - 20/28 264 yards 2 TD 0 INT 9.4 ypa

Week 3 - 28/42 304 yards 2 TD 0 INT 7.6 ypa

Week 4 - 18/39 150 yards 0 TD 1 INT 3.8 ypa

The Bills' defense did its part in the first half by limiting Brady to 9 of 22 for 90 yards and an interception. It was Brady's lowest completion percentage in the first half since he went 7 for 19 in a 27-26 win over Cleveland on Dec. 8, 2013.

Allen was awful today but Brady was equally as bad , minus 2 picks , I think it was 2 amazing secondaries battling it out and the QBs were the victims. Our victim just happens to be the GOAT at QB. 

This Pats team came in scoring 33 , 43 and 30 points. They're a GREAT offense and we made them look terrible. Defense held them to 1 TD and 1 FG. That is just Amazing , even if it was at Home. 4 weeks in and this D has yet to give up 20 points in a game. 

i truly think they're that good. This defense can take this team on a playoff run. It's year 3 for McD and he has built a Championship level defense and it was on full display today. Absolutely brilliant play.

Not to mention that the Pats’ TD came right before a ridiculous pass to white over Milano, and Milano has perfect coverage and had his arm between the ball and defender (and White still caught it). Without that somewhat miraculous catch, they probably don’t even score an offensive TD today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If nothing else this game proves we can hang with anyone in this league on any given Sunday, and our D will allow us to overcome a lot—who knows what kind of 4th quarter magic Allen would’ve pulled out of his behind for the 4th straight week to take advantage of it, had he not been almost killed by a Pats cheap shot. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

The pressure on Brady wasn't anything extraordinary, he just isn't, and never has been, any good under pressure.  Their offense is just designed to mask that.  It's been maddening for decades watching defenses not rattle his ass early and often.  

Blitzing him does not work. All stats show that. The Bills strategy and play today was extraordinary. You can't ever do everything. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

The pressure on Brady wasn't anything extraordinary, he just isn't, and never has been, any good under pressure.  Their offense is just designed to mask that.  It's been maddening for decades watching defenses not rattle his ass early and often.  

I actually thought it was great pressure. Yes they didn't get a sack but how many balls did Brady throw away?? ALOT. I felt like we consistently got him off his mark and just made it very uncomfortable in the pocket for him all DAY. We absolutely dominated..

it was one of the best defensive performances I've seen against Brady/Belicheck

12 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Not to mention that the Pats’ TD came right before a ridiculous pass to white over Milano, and Milano has perfect coverage and had his arm between the ball and defender (and White still caught it). Without that somewhat miraculous catch, they probably don’t even score an offensive TD today.

Great point.

That coverage was as good as it gets. They probably complete that pass 10% of the time.

I'll say it again, that was one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen against Brady/Belicheck and McDaniels. 3.2 ypc on the ground to boot. ????

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not to mention the constant pressure made Brady throw it away time after time...sometimes to no one and from inside the tackle box, hmmmm....thanks for nothing zebras!!

IMO, Brady played like a coward today....never seen a QB throw the ball into the dirt less than 2 seconds into a play like that on multiple occasions.

He had about 5 intentional grounding penalties, and surprise surprise the refs only call one of them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We're elite but the best D is in Chicago.  

Updated ranking:

Bears 

Bills 

Patriots 

Vikings

Panthers

Nope, we are better. Until the Bears play the Pats they are an aberration.

Edited by dlonce
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

IMO, Brady played like a coward today....never seen a QB throw the ball into the dirt less than 2 seconds into a play like that on multiple occasions.

He had about 5 intentional grounding penalties, and surprise surprise the refs only call one of them.

One they didn't call was brutal. Officials for 30 years have not been following the letter or the spirit of the penalty and let quarterbacks get away with throwing it away just to avoid a sack just because there was a receiver in the vicinity even though the QB was not at all trying to throw to him.  There was one in in third quarter Brady threw away that was clearly IG and worse than the one they actually called on him earlier. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One they didn't call was brutal. Officials for 30 years have not been following the letter or the spirit of the penalty and let quarterbacks get away with throwing it away just to avoid a sack just because there was a receiver in the vicinity even though the QB was not at all trying to throw to him.  There was one in in third quarter Brady threw away that was clearly IG and worse than the one they actually called on him earlier. 

I got tired of yelling at the refs on TV, I felt hoarse. It helps to have small children around, they keep this game all relative to its place IRL, but this loss especially smarts knowing many of our issues today were self inflicted, but the contributions of the zebras were yet again, galling. Today’s referee was about as willing to share flags against Brady’s constant grounding, as the McDonalds Hamburglar enjoys sharing a sack of quarter pounders and fries...I’m just sayin! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Blitzing him does not work. All stats show that. The Bills strategy and play today was extraordinary. You can't ever do everything. 

This. 

The only disappointing thing with the defense was that Hughes went against their Weakest Link (Newhouse) at LT and he couldn't do much the whole day.  Newhouse is Not an NF: Caliber LT and yet he contained Jerry Hughes.  Most of the time Brady was harassed today by everyone except Hughes

• Like (+1) 1