Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

7 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Allen looked bad all game except for the opening drive of the second half but was not the reason for the loss. The defense was spectacular. 

The putting game cost us the game. The block for the 3rd and consistently bad kicks and coverage was the difference. 

Yep those three putts are a killer!:lol:

Allen got an F for yesterday. I think the next meeting will be different, even though it's on the road. Josh will see that even a C grade today would have won the game. We have a really good team around him. We don't need miraculous plays, just a steady QB. 

There was a thread during preseason that asked for projections on Allen's stats. I mentioned not wanting Josh to run so much. This is why. We have RBs to take that punishment. Dirty hit or not, defender's eyes light up when a QB is running. Even someone as big as Josh and Cam break down when they get hit. There's a reason rb have a short lifespan in the NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

D- first half, but he was trending towards an A+ 2nd half. Not getting to play the whole game and determine the outcome I give him an incomplete. I’m guessing most of the replies to this topic are from new or young fans!? It took Peyton Manning about 7 years to figure out how to beat the Bellicheck defense.

Our punting killed us far more than Josh’s interceptions. We gave up a punt block TD and had ~20 yard punts. Most of his INTs were deep passes that gave New England worse field position than our punt team would have given them. Hauschka’s miss caused us to not attempt what would have been game tying / game winning field goals. You can’t put Haushka’s miss completely on Allen. Josh was clearly bouncing back from a rough first half and looked on track to pick up the W. The cheap shot just sucks.

1) It didn't take Peyton Manning 7 years to figure out how to score more than 10 points on the Patriots def

2) Saying that the INT's were basically punts might hold more water if all 3 INTs did not occur on 1st down

3) I'll agree the punting was atrocious 

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He played bad. 

Show all the plays he had time and missed guys. 

There were a few. 

The line was awful. 

The receivers were not getting open. 

Josh was holding the ball too long and misfiring at times. He threw into double coverage which is inexcusable but it's also true ten receivers were not getting open all day. Not trying to be a homer, he was bad overall. But he was forcing things not missing wide open receivers. 

...good call on all points bud......this was his 15th start, not even a full season yet....and surrounded by NINE new starters on offense.....

He played awful against a great defense.  I do not think he is solely to blame, the O Line had quite a few rough spurts.  How long should it take to figure out to block Van Noy and Collins?  Yeldon missed quite a few blocks as well.  Even when Barkley got in, they were coming thru untouched.  Even Brady would not have had time to intentionally ground the ball behind that line at times today.  Josh had a few plays with time to run around and refused to let the ball go, has to get rid of that habit as well.  

1 hour ago, H2o said:

These will be distributed to the Nancy's for Christmas this year:

Image result for piss and moan gif

He is in "regression" because of this bad game against a really good defense. People are talking like his career is over and we need to be looking for another QB. :lol: You guys make me laugh acting like a bunch of :censored: . Thankfully none of you run the team. Hope you're working on your material for the next string of threads after we lose another game, because it will happen and the Club will be out in full force. 

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktc4ap4VLT1qas51uo1_400.png

The hero ball has to stop now. There will be plenty of opportunities to go deep. The number 1 thing he has to do is start using his brain over his canon arm. If he doesn't stop repeating these same mistakes over & over he's not going to succeed in this league.  Yes other areas of the offense failed yesterday. This whole unit needs to step up and rally around  JA . Simple as that. This season is hard over.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Allen's Physical & Mental Tools

Josh Allen has all the physical tools to be a Franchise QB. But he does not seem to be developing the mental tools required to be a Franchise QB. He is not learning from his mistakes, learning to have patience, and the displaying the mental maturity required to play winning football consistently. Watching Brady safely throwing the ball away today multiple times highlighted what it takes mentally to be a real Franchise QB.

Is Allen just not capable mentally? Is he unwilling to learn? Is he not being properly coached to develop the mentality?

He has incredible physical skills and talent greater than most other NFL QBs. That is without question. But he does not seem to be developing the discipline and maturity required to go with those physical talents. He is NOT a rookie anymore. How much longer should we accept excuses and pretend that he is developing the required mental maturity and discipline needed to go with those skills?

Will better coaching and tougher love help? Being able to pull your team out of a deep hole that you yourself dug at the end of every game may be exciting to watch, but it does not win you championships. We are wasting a D that is playing Lights Out game after game.

10 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

It's called regression.

You're right. He's not getting any better. 

Last year, his QB rating was 68. 

This year, it's 69.6. He's the 33rd ranked QB in the NFL in terms of QB rating among qualified passers. 

i don't believe the staff was ready for this game right from the start.  the average fan has seen, and could predict that starting ford at tackle would be inviting disaster for allen on that right side.  it's just common sense to see that any team and especially the pats were going to try to exploit that.

another thing is not starting out with rpo mixed with the run.(like opening drive of 3rd qtr.)  another brain dead thing was dimarco and gore lined up wide with lee smith on the field and an empty set.  where are you going with that.  if they were gonna go with an empty backfield why not 5 wide....and not the above players.

even eric wood called it. run the rpo and mix in the run. then sprinkle in 4 wide and leave gore to pick up a blitzer.  every fan on earth knew what belichek was going to do on defense.

he made rivers look like peterman last year in the playoffs.

if not for the talent and effort from our star defenders, frazier's defensive approach would have allowed brady to hang 30 on us. every game so far this year we have given the opposing qb no pressure on critical 3rd downs and they have made hay on those plays.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

NE seems to have a pretty good defense. Ask.......anyone who watches football. We have a great D. They have a great D. They have the GOAT at QB, we have essentially a rookie. And then special teams decided the game. Go figure. 

We are close, if today is any indication. Josh will calm down given a bit more experience. 

True. With more experience Allen will be ok. This was not just any game either, he may have felt compelled to carry the team. Also, as good as this defense is, this offense has to improve. If the offense even had a pulse yesterday the Bills win. I hope McDermott doesn't expect the defense to save their arses every week. 

Edited by Rocket94

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He finally had a game this year that all the draft boys can come out and use to justify their Allen Rankings. 

they were so quiet first 3 weeks 

I was here all 3. Go back to the Patriots pre game threads. 

You will find me saying Allen cannot play like he has the last 3 weeks or the Bills will get rocked. 

The D played NE better than I thought. Allen was worse than I thought. 

Intellectually, Allen seems to express an understanding of this offense and his role on it. Obviously something mental is happening to him in live game situations.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

NE seems to have a pretty good defense. Ask.......anyone who watches football. We have a great D. They have a great D. They have the GOAT at QB, we have essentially a rookie. And then special teams decided the game. Go figure. 

We are close, if today is any indication. Josh will calm down given a bit more experience. 

True. With more experience Allen will be ok. This was not just any game either, he may have felt compelled to carry the team. Also, as good as this defense is, this offense has to improve. I hope McDermott doesn't expect the defense to save their arses every week.