Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

Just now, wvbillsfan said:

If he can just learn to manage the game and not turn the ball over at an all time clip he would be getting a solid passing grade. 

Daboll could help him by running the ball more and scaling back Allen’s pass attempts. Work off play action a little more. 

I agree with this but at the same time I am super curious if he is still making critical misread errors on the deep ball? Is Daboll making his first and second read the underneath stuff but he sees the homerun ball in his mind and just launches?

3 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

I agree with this but at the same time I am super curious if he is still making critical misread errors on the deep ball? Is Daboll making his first and second read the underneath stuff but he sees the homerun ball in his mind and just launches?

Anytime the option is Cole Beasley on a sideline go pattern I gotta think he’s making poor decisions. Two times today he tried to hit Beasley by dropping it in the bucket down the sideline when he had the underneath guy wide open. 

Zay jones first and then Yeldon second. 

Like McD said, Josh has to learn to take what the defense gives him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

He lost the game for us today plain and simple. We donʻt need high level stats to analyze. HE lost the game for us.

The hard question is: what evidence have we seen that he is going to be any good?  So far he looks like EJ Manuel 2.0, right down to getting badly injured on an ill-advised run.

In the first half I thought Josh was wandering into the Peterman Zone, where everything is going so badly that he panics into more mistakes.  Hate to say it but Barkley looked like he has a better idea of how to play football.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

The hot garbage Allen hater takes are comical. Way to overreact

Overreact? It's impossible to overreact to what was an all-time awful performance by a Bills QB, ranking up there with Peterman against the Chargers. Even a reasonably mediocre NFL performance and the Bills win that game. Even with the awful refereeing and the blocked punt. It's not like it's his first NFL game, not like he's never done the same stupid, reckless things. To paraphrase Dennis Green, "He is who we were afraid he is." Unless you're blind from thick rose colored glasses, then you too have to be worried that he's not the long-awaited answer we all hoped he was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, yungmack said:

Overreact? It's impossible to overreact to what was an all-time awful performance by a Bills QB, ranking up there with Peterman against the Chargers. Even a reasonably mediocre NFL performance and the Bills win that game. Even with the awful refereeing and the blocked punt. It's not like it's his first NFL game, not like he's never done the same stupid, reckless things. To paraphrase Dennis Green, "He is who we were afraid he is." Unless you're blind from thick rose colored glasses, then you too have to be worried that he's not the long-awaited answer we all hoped he was.

bull####.

• Like (+1) 2

WTF-

Reminded me of the Peterman meltdown. So many bad decisions, so many off-target throws when he had plenty of time and an open man, so many throws off the back foot. Holding onto the ball forever, 3 terrible picks, then gets his bell rung for good measure. 

Allen played the same against the Jets, except he was able to come in and get a 4th quarter comeback.  But he did not have that opportunity yesterday, unfortunately.  The punt block was the killer.  Does our punt team know what to do when they are facing 10 rushers?  Off topic: Pats* punter is fantastic.  Duke Williams probably catches that 4th down TD pass.  This game was there for the taking, but we could not completely overcome the punt block, all four turnovers, and the tripping no-call.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

bull####.

How is it bu###,. Allen is very inconsistent. If he wasn't a Bill you would be all over him like you were with Mayfield.  When I see QBs like Allen in Carolina and Minshew in Jacksonville be much better, you have to question how Allen can still struggle playing QB. 

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

How is it bu###,. Allen is very inconsistent. If he wasn't a Bill you would be all over him like you were with Mayfield.  When I see QBs like Allen in Carolina and Minshew in Jacksonville be much better, you have to question how Allen can still struggle playing QB. 

Yeah, whatever. I'm not wasting time on you, pal.

Allen gets a D- from me today.  Just terrible, reason why they lost.  So disappointing.  Probably the best defense in the league geared to stop Brady and the offense once again was the reason for the loss.  Only reason he doesn't get an F is he was injured and could not finish.

D- first half, but he was trending towards an A+ 2nd half. Not getting to play the whole game and determine the outcome I give him an incomplete. I’m guessing most of the replies to this topic are from new or young fans!? It took Peyton Manning about 7 years to figure out how to beat the Bellicheck defense.

Our punting killed us far more than Josh’s interceptions. We gave up a punt block TD and had ~20 yard punts. Most of his INTs were deep passes that gave New England worse field position than our punt team would have given them. Hauschka’s miss caused us to not attempt what would have been game tying / game winning field goals. You can’t put Haushka’s miss completely on Allen. Josh was clearly bouncing back from a rough first half and looked on track to pick up the W. The cheap shot just sucks.

Edited by Troll Toll

8 hours ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

I will keep it as simple as I can. I am the biggest bandwagon Josh Allen fan there quite possibly is. Trust me.

He lost the game for us today plain and simple. We donʻt need high level stats to analyze. HE lost the game for us.

The only thing I will forever be curious about is if he wasnʻt KOʻd, how those last possessions would have looked?

Incomplete.  

In in spite of the bad day, the Bills were within 6 in the 4th when he does what many QBs can/will not do.  He scrambles for a first down to try and move the chains. 

At home, (almost inconceivably) a close game, fighting to the end.  If he doesn’t take the shot to the head, goes on to score and the Bills pull out the upset, he gets the benefit of the curve and his grade is no longer an F.  It might be a D, but a D with a W is better than an F and knocked out of the game.   

And he didn’t “lose the game”, even taking your word you are the biggest homer.  10-10 absent the ST punt.  17-16 if Barkley leads them to a TD.  

Other players CAN do things to help the team. A broken tackle. A linemen opening a hole.  A dB back picking off the other Qb.  A forced fumble on a run. A return for a TD. Coaching decisions to go for the 3 instead of 6. Missed field goal.  In fact, SH makes the first kick, gives us the benefit of settling for 3 on the first Barkley drive, and we’re playing for the win on the last drive. 

Jesus, I’ve convinced myself it’s a conspiracy from the inside out!!

(But absolutely agree he played poorly.)

When the defense has you under pressure, and you are running backwards with 1-2 guys in your face or even touching you.... do NOT throw the ball forward into the field of play off your back foot. That is basically what he keeps doing. And yes, the ball goes far because he is strong... then we see about a 50% INT rate, maybe 35% incomplete, and 15% miracle plays. Make it stop.

Allen looked bad all game except for the opening drive of the second half but was not the reason for the loss. The defense was spectacular. 

The putting game cost us the game. The block for the 3rd and consistently bad kicks and coverage was the difference. 

These will be distributed to the Nancy's for Christmas this year:

Image result for piss and moan gif

He is in "regression" because of this bad game against a really good defense. People are talking like his career is over and we need to be looking for another QB. :lol: You guys make me laugh acting like a bunch of :censored: . Thankfully none of you run the team. Hope you're working on your material for the next string of threads after we lose another game, because it will happen and the Club will be out in full force.