Sign in to follow this  
JR in Pittsburgh

Where is Dick Jauron when you need him?

On 9/29/2019 at 8:20 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Don’t get me wrong— I love the offensive play-calling so far this season.

But with this defense we have— you gotta wonder whether we would be better off going run-run-pass and playing for field position. 

We we win this game today probably 9-0 if we don’t turn the ball over and Gore runs relatively well. 

This defense is legit and 3 yards and a cloud of dust would win most games with them playing like they are. We don’t need big plays to win just steady body shots until the proverbial phat lady gets up. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure where he is but I am not looking for him either.

What if I found him, then what?

Edited by HOUSE

7 hours ago, Buftex said:

Well, Devin Singletary was out, if you recall...the only other RB was TJ Yeldon, who did get involved in the passing game...as for targeting TE's that is as much on Allen as the play calling.  Allen seemed hell bent on going long, even when TE's, RB's and slot guys were open for intermediate passes...I could be wrong, but given his animated conversations with Allen after his interceptions, I don't think Dabol was insisting that Josh force the ball in to guys who were well covered...pretty sure he gave him the green-light to throw to tight ends if the were a better option. Josh just wasn't seeing the field.  I have heard people going out of their way to make excuses for Allen, but he was just awful on Sunday.  I like him a lot, but I am not blaming Dabol, the O-line or Zay Jones for this loss...I like Allen a lot, and was very pleased with the way he had been playing weeks 1-3, even if he was turning the ball over...but Sunday was as bad as it gets for him.  

Why not hand off to Yeldon?  When did Knox first cross the line of scrimmage---or enter the game?

New rules for thread creation after a loss:

If you’re drinking, put down the glass, and step away from the keyboard.

If you’re not drinking, pour a stiff one, have a snort, and step away from the keyboard.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, Mr. WEO said:

It's hard to find Dick Jauron in the NFL when you need him.

I saw what you did there.  I hope others did too.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 9:20 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Don’t get me wrong— I love the offensive play-calling so far this season.

But with this defense we have— you gotta wonder whether we would be better off going run-run-pass and playing for field position. 

We we win this game today probably 9-0 if we don’t turn the ball over and Gore runs relatively well. 

Trollin, trollin, trollin.