How is Ed Oliver playing?

dayman

7 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

Yeah how's that one working out so far?  The Jests could have had Ed but they passed.  I don't know.  Maybe Williams is doing ok over there but you can't tell from their record. 

It is working out pretty well. Oliver playing better than the player picked before him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Your contribution has been unintelligent drivel, which is worse? Put up some takes that are actually well thought out and not just spewing the trash you have posted. Is it really that hard?

I said he hasn’t been a disruptive force in the backfield and rather than trying to have a discussion you went straight to insults and name calling. Given your responses so far it’s not a good look to criticize anyone for not having a well thought out response. If anyone has been spewing trash it’s you.

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I said he hasn’t been a disruptive force in the backfield and rather than trying to have a discussion you went straight to insults and name calling. Given your responses so far it’s not a god look to criticize anyone for not having a well thought out response. If anyone has been spewing trash it’s you.

Objectivity isn't allowed around here. 

You're only allowed to heap praise on Bills players. 

Seems like he's doing most of the good things he did in college just not making as many splashy plays at this point which is to be expected given the overall increase in talent and skill in the pros.  If you keep your eye on him though, you'll see he's giving guards and centers fits.  He's so good at sliding up and down the line on run plays while he's being "blocked".  Somehow he dictates which direction he and the blocker are going to go.  And he's doing pretty well at getting penetration and getting up field into the QB's face they're just getting rid of it quickly for the most part.  It stands to reason that he's a big reason why the edge guys are getting more consistent penetration outside this season.  Seemed like every play today that was happening. 

With his size and weight, I thought it would take at least a season or so for him to get this far.  He's something else with that lower body power and upper body strength.  Plays like a faster 6'4" and 300+ lb guy to me.  I think his lower height is actually a strength combined with that amazing leverage he has from that lower body power.  I personally am quite pleased with this pick at #9 overall.  He's a unique physical specimen and seems like a pretty good guy on top. 

There was a play in some previous game where he just pushed a big o-lineman sideways to the ground using one arm while moving forward to the QB.  I know others saw that play.  That was a great example of his special physical prowess even at his size.  Must really piss those o-linemen off to be pushed around so much from a guy so much smaller than them. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

There was a play in some previous game where he just pushed a big o-lineman sideways to the ground using one arm while moving forward to the QB.  I know others saw that play.  That was a great example of his special physical prowess even at his size.  Must really piss those o-linemen off to be pushed around so much from a guy so much smaller than them. ?

I know exactly which play you're talking about.

It looked like Reggie White's old hump move. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dayman said:

Well it's 4 games. Maybe he's doing a lot of under the hood stuff well?

That Peko guy really popped off the screen today. He made some big plays ... him and Jordan Philips. 

I like Harrison Phillips, but Peko ain't chopped liver either. I didn't see any drop off in the rotation there.

IF they can stay healthy now on the D line, the best thing is the rotation - reminds me of when Schwartz's D had great D line depth and he was able to keep players fresh all game by rotating them series by series.

• Like (+1) 2