Offensive tackle = biggest need

NewEra

We have slightly upgraded the OL.  Dawkins might be a keeper, but will want to get paid after next year.  Not sure he’s worth it.

spain.  Likely a one a done.  

Ford and Feliciano at the guards with Morse at center?  We might be set inside.  Doesn’t look like Ford can play OT.  

nsekhe plays well but he has maybe another year or 2.  He always looks like he’s dying of exhaustion. 

Do we pay dawkins?  Who replaces nsekhe?  If we want to get the best Josh Allen possible, we need to upgrade both positions imo.  We need a GOOD OL minimum.  It’s currently average at best imo.  

Trade for Trent Williams?  What’s the asking price? 

Who are the best OTs in this years draft?

Ya our oline was terrible today. Ford got beat countless times, Morse had 2 penalties and got pushed backed and beat also, Dawkins had the 2 key penalties to negate 2 big penalties by New England, maybe he shouldn’t be talking trash before the game anymore. Lee smith is worthless as a te and basically an extra lineman had what 4 penalties? 

the oline I feel was one of the biggest reasons for our loss today

Edited by Pbomb
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We have slightly upgraded the OL.  Dawkins might be a keeper, but will want to get paid after next year.  Not sure he’s worth it.

Ford and Feliciano at the guards with Morse at center?  We might be set inside.  Doesn’t look like Ford can play OT.  

nsekhe plays well but he has maybe another year or 2.  He always looks like he’s dying of exhaustion. 

Do we pay dawkins?  Who replaces nsekhe?  If we want to get the best Josh Allen possible, we need to upgrade both positions imo.  We need a GOOD OL minimum.  It’s currently average at best imo.  

Wait, didn't we just trade up to draft one in the second round?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Unlikely but I would cut Zay and bring up Duke to find out.  I know Zay can't play in the NFL. I'm pretty sure Duke an;t either but he is worth a look at this point.  

Duke def outplayed Zay in the pre-season therefore I would love to see him now when the games actually count. Duke got some strong hands and will fight for the ball. He might of made a difference on the int where Zay gave up on the play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Ya our oline was terrible today. Ford got beat countless times, Morse had 2 penalties and got pushed backed and beat also, Dawkins had the 2 key penalties to negate 2 big penalties by New England, maybe he shouldn’t be talking trash before the game anymore. Lee smith is worthless as a te and basically an extra lineman had what 4 penalties? 

the oline I feel was one of the big reason for our loss today

They've been bad to mediocre all year. Sure they're better than last year but as I've mentioned before, that's like being the best looking in the Burn Unit. They are decent run blockers but are very poor in pass pro. Josh is slow to process and needs more time at this point in his development. We need a franchise LT and Dawkins at RT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Duke def outplayed Zay in the pre-season therefore I would love to see him now when the games actually count. Duke got some strong hands and will fight for the ball. He might of made a difference on the int where Zay gave up on the play.

I agree. But I am not sure he can separate from NFL corners and he is only 6-2.  He is big but nothing special when it comes to NFL WRs.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Spain is our best lineman and has been 3 weeks in a row now. Then Morse. Feliciano has been serviceable. 

The tackle play from all 3 - Dawkins, Nsekhe and Ford has been brutal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree. But I am not sure he can separate from NFL corners and he is only 6-2.  He is big but nothing special when it comes to NFL WRs.  

True, I'm not saying DW will tear it up, but I'll take the taller, slow guy with good hands over the slow guy with bricks for hands. Duke may have come down with that go ahead TD in the 4th qtr.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dawkins is holding an aweful lot

Spain might NOT be a one and done.....he is playing pretty well and even though we are rich at OG we might keep him....no reason to let talent get away

RT is def a need...I thought Ngseki would be better

Spain's pull opened the hole for Gore's 41 yard scamper