Josh is horrible on long throws all 4 games

Artem Lipatov

He improved his accuracy in short and medium ropes. But his long shots are all underthrown or overthrown. Not only today picks . I can remember only 1 long TD pass by air in 4 games - to Smoke in Jets game. 

Last year he had several long passes to Foster and completion to Zay for 63 yards by air (next gen stats)

In draft his best advantage was cannon arm.  I rooted for this draft pick watching his college highlights for 50-60 yards bombs. Where is it now ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Artem Lipatov said:

He improved his accuracy in short and medium ropes. But his long shots are all underthrown or overthrown. Not only today picks . I can remember only 1 long TD pass by air in 4 games - to Smoke in Jets game. 

Last year he had several long passes to Foster and completion to Zay for 63 yards by air (next gen stats)

In draft his best advantage was cannon arm.  I rooted for this draft pick watching his college highlights for 50-60 yards bombs. Where is it now ?

His throw to Sweeney absolutely should have been a TD......he should have plucked that away from the defender

In this game the long throws were bad.....the WR he was throwing to also has not business running that route

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Artem Lipatov said:

He spent so much on the short game that i think he took his deep ball for granted. He definitely needs to work on it and stop throwing off his back foot.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

They threw deep to Zay 3 times today. He is not our deep guy and is slow and was overthrown because of that. I have no clue why he is running the deep routes. 

Zay needs to be inactive - just not an NFL quality reciever

• Like (+1) 9

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My faith in Allen is growing less and less every game.  Accuracy is definitely an issue and if he keeps running like he is it’s just a matter of time before he is out with a major injury. 

He is completely reckless with the ball- promises to learn his lesson but never does-  I want him to be the guy but growing wary 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

They threw deep to Zay 3 times today. He is not our deep guy and is slow and was overthrown because of that. I have no clue why he is running the deep routes. 

Uhm, the INT was on an under thrown ball to a relatively slow WR who had beaten the coverage.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, it's really frustrating because the deep ball should have been at least as good if not better than last year. I really thought having Brown and Foster and Beasley would open up the deep ball. But, so far this year, his throws have been really off. Today's game, the underthrow to Zay was bad, more because he didn't see the defender watching him. Now, I also put that on Zay because he was watching it the whole way and didn't do a dang thing to even try breaking it up or tackling. Pathetic. Now, the short throws have really improved especially adding Beasley and Brown. Perhaps more practice on deep balls? I know I like practicing going balls deep!!!

Edited by Houston's #1 Bills Fan

I agree for somebody who has a strong arm he is absolutely horrible on long throws. He is also making the same mistakes over and over again throwing off his back foot while running out of bounds. I am starting to question his intelligence. NASA we have a problem!!

29 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

No idea why he is still on the roster.  Should have been cut.

21 minutes ago, davspo said:

He is completely reckless with the ball- promises to learn his lesson but never does-  I want him to be the guy but growing wary 

He's showing why so many were qustioning him as a legit 1st round QB selection IMO.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

If you’re open, the QB should be able to get you the ball. It doesn’t matter if you’re the #3 WR or run a 4.5 instead of a 4.3.

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

He his going to need to learn to get his feet set,  too many passes off one foot or falling backwards.  I still think he needs better surrounding talent,  including better protection and a true #1 WR.  I love the young TE Knox,  i think they need to use him more,  made one of the best receptions of this season today.  Zay does not look like a NFL WR,  too many drops and just has been huge disappointment since being drafted in second round. I think they may be able to get Green from the Bengals for a 4th or 3rd and that could help, not sure about tackles who have not been good this season.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, GG said:

Uhm, the INT was on an under thrown ball to a relatively slow WR who had beaten the coverage.

Oh, you mean the throw Zay gave up on and didn't bother trying to break it up? Yeah, that one was underthrown a bit, and was a pathetic display of Zay bailing out instead of trying to break it up.

• Like (+1) 2