Will offense operate better with Barkley next week?

GG

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I just watched the game again and Barkley wasn’t any better than Allen. In a full quarter he got zero points. One drive was three and out with three straight bad passes to slightly open WR. He missed other open guys. He fumbled. He threw the INT. It’s possible the Brown pass to Yeldon is easier if the short toss back to Brown was accurate but he made Brown jump for it. His one good play was a spectacular catch by Brown. 

Barkley didn't have a great game, but he wasn't awful, either.  There was one sequence where he threw three low but catchable balls that were all dropped by Jones, Brown and Beasley.  He was coming off the bench against the best defense in the league.  I think I'll wait until I see him this Sunday with a full week of preparation before I decide that he sucks.  Last year he put up the Bills' best QB game of the year against a not-terrible Jets defense.  I'm not sure why people think he can't do that again.  He reminds me of Orton, with a slightly weaker arm.  

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was refuting the claim that he can put point up when needed.  He can't.

Demonstrably false, as he proved last year against the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I just watched the game again and Barkley wasn’t any better than Allen. In a full quarter he got zero points. One drive was three and out with three straight bad passes to slightly open WR. He missed other open guys. He fumbled. He threw the INT. It’s possible the Brown pass to Yeldon is easier if the short toss back to Brown was accurate but he made Brown jump for it. His one good play was a spectacular catch by Brown. 

Barkley had 20 less passing yards than Allen on 12 less attempts. He got “zero points” because they went for it on fourth down and his pass went off May Day Jones’ hands. 

Things Barkley didn’t do:

-throw 3 horrific interceptions into triple coverage

-take drive killing sacks to move us out of FG range in Pats territory

If Josh Allen didn’t puke on his shoes in Pats territory and we didn’t have to punt on their 40, but instead kicked FG’s, Barkley would have won us that game easy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Barkley didn't have a great game, but he wasn't awful, either.  There was one sequence where he threw three low but catchable balls that were all dropped by Jones, Brown and Beasley.  He was coming off the bench against the best defense in the league.  I think I'll wait until I see him this Sunday with a full week of preparation before I decide that he sucks.  Last year he put up the Bills' best QB game of the year against a not-terrible Jets defense.  I'm not sure why people think he can't do that again.  He reminds me of Orton, with a slightly weaker arm.  

Demonstrably false, as he proved last year against the Jets. 

Wrong.

The Bills had a 17 point lead before Barkley threw a TD. 

The game was over by 2 minutes remaining in the 1st Q....14-0 and never looked back at a bad Jets team.  He was 4-9 passing to that point.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wrong.

The game was over by 2 minutes remaining in the 1st Q....14-0 and never looked back at a bad Jets team.  He was 4-9 passing to that point.

Didn’t Josh have a couple TO’s and almost lose the game against the Jets this year? 

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Barkley had 20 less passing yards than Allen on 12 less attempts. He got “zero points” because they went for it on fourth down and his pass went off May Day Jones’ hands. 

If Josh Allen didn’t puke on his shoes in Pats territory and we didn’t have to punt on their 40, but instead kicked FG’s, Barkley would have won us that game easy.

He did throw 2 ints, one was overturned and one wasn't one of Allens should have been overturned, it wasn't. 

Allen is the better QB and the franchise at this point, if he is able to, he plays, period. 

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

He did throw 2 ints, one was overturned and one wasn't one of Allens should have been overturned, it wasn't. 

Allen is the better QB and the franchise at this point, if he is able to, he plays, period. 

No, one wasn’t an INT lol. So no, he threw one. Allen threw 3.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wrong.

Nice try.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, one wasn’t an INT lol. So no, he threw one. Allen threw 3.

Allen sideline int should not have been, it should have been an incomplete pass if the ref did their job correctly and knew the rulebook. 

Barkley had 1 and the second one had to go to replay to be seen was incomplete. 

I don't care what anybody says Allen is the best QB on the roster by a lot and the QB of this team going forward.

Snivel all you want Barkley is not starting unless Josh is injured.

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Allen sideline int should not have been, it should have been an incomplete pass if the ref did their job correctly and knew the rulebook. 

Barkley had 1 and the second one had to go to replay to be seen was incomplete. 

I don't care what anybody says Allen is the best QB on the roster by a lot and the QB of this team going forward.

Snivel all you want Barkley is not starting unless Josh is injured.

Listen, I also wish Barkley wasn’t a better option. Unfortunately, much like the box score interceptions, sometimes the cold hard truth does not care.

24 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Jones wasnt even in the endzone when it hit his hands and was coming further out with a Patriot right on his back. He wasnt going to score even if he caught it.

The one Josh threw into alleged triple coverage was not an INT as was finally shown. All three were bad passes but also leaping catches by the Patriots. He was playing fine in the second half.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Jones wasnt even in the endzone when it hit his hands and was coming further out with a Patriot right on his back. He wasnt going to score even if he caught it.

The one Josh threw into alleged triple coverage was not an INT as was finally shown. All three were bad passes but also leaping catches by the Patriots. He was playing fine in the second half.

Oh so now it’s “alleged” triple coverage because someone said it shouldn’t have counted as an INT? Let’s go one step further, how about it’s “alleged” that Josh Allen even threw that ball? 

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh so now it’s “alleged” triple coverage because someone said it shouldn’t have counted as an INT? Let’s go one step further, how about it’s “alleged” that Josh Allen even threw that ball? 

If you want to get technical not one of them was into triple coverage. The other two, one was double coverage and one was single coverage. There were three guys close enough to the ball on the third one but it was not triple coverage, he just made a terrible decision and terrible throw that was not even an interception.

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was refuting the claim that he can put point up when needed.  He can't.

Is this based on factual data of the points he's contributed to in his brief career or your perpetual need to be an argumentative @#_&?

• Haha (+1) 1