Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Then you fall into the category that the grass is greener and are window is small for winning it all. I think we are sitting pretty at WR with Zay gone and Duke up.

I honestly only  see us wasting resources trying to make the big splash trade. We would be better served keeping that powder dry because I believe this team will be better served making their moves next offseason in FA and still keep our top draft picks.

I also believe this team as it stands will get better as the year progresses.

I just don't see the need for Diggs or Greene. We already have the #1 WR in John Brown. You also are obviously thinking because Duke is a undrafted CFL player that he has no chance of having that impact for us. I disagree and believe Diggs or Green only serve to reduce the playtime form someone like Duke I think will fill the roll we'd hope Zay could.

IMO Allen's awareness and our WR scramble fire drill when Allen running around, are the only improvements we need at WR IMO. 

Love your enthusiasm but you are IMO completely overrating Duke and Brown.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Love your enthusiasm but you are IMO completely overrating Duke and Brown.  

No I'm not, thanks for playing.  Duke is a wait and see, but I am more than willing to wait and see and I bet the farm so are the Bills brass. Stars are born every year, and rol playters step up just the same. Just finding those players is the tough part and this GM and Coach do exactly that over an dover again

As for Brown... He's on par with Diggs this year... See no reason why he won't stay there

As for Diggs being traded. NEVER going to happen because it would cost Minnesota a $20 million cap hit to trade him

10 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Then you fall into the category that the grass is greener and are window is small for winning it all. I think we are sitting pretty at WR with Zay gone and Duke up.

I honestly only  see us wasting resources trying to make the big splash trade. We would be better served keeping that powder dry because I believe this team will be better served making their moves next offseason in FA and still keep our top draft picks.

I also believe this team as it stands will get better as the year progresses.

I just don't see the need for Diggs or Greene. We already have the #1 WR in John Brown. You also are obviously thinking because Duke is a undrafted CFL player that he has no chance of having that impact for us. I disagree and believe Diggs or Green only serve to reduce the playtime form someone like Duke I think will fill the roll we'd hope Zay could.

IMO Allen's awareness and our WR scramble fire drill when Allen running around, are the only improvements we need at WR IMO. 

Yeah, so you’ve said. I disagree. On all counts.

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

No I'm not, thanks for playing.  Duke is a wait and see, but I am more than willing to wait and see and I bet the farm so are the Bills brass. Stars are born every year, and rol playters step up just the same. Just finding those players is the tough part and this GM and Coach do exactly that over an dover again

As for Brown... He's on par with Diggs this year... See no reason why he won't stay there

As for Diggs being traded. NEVER going to happen because it would cost Minnesota a $20 million cap hit to trade him

I believe that could be negotiated in the trade. With the new team taking on a certain amount of guaranteed money hit. I think. Seems like something I heard regarding a different trade.

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

So our number 1 receiver is a guy who averages 600 yards per season?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, after yesterday this pipe-dream is officially dead. Bummer.

His contract is about $13M/season for 4 more years. That's a lot of money for a WR, and why I really dont want to trade anything higher than a 3rd.

And hows that compare to what Brown and Beasly are getting?  If less, is Diggs really that much better or will you then have those two with the hand out next?   Will they then tell the Bills, pay me or trade me.

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

And hows that compare to what Brown and Beasly are getting?  If less, is Diggs really that much better or will you then have those two with the hand out next?   Will they then tell the Bills, pay me or trade me.

Good question.

John Brown: 3 Year, $27M signed in 2019. Averages $9M/year.

Cole Beasley: 4 Year, $29M signed in 2019. Averages $7.25M/year.

Stefon Diggs: 5 Year, $72M signed in 2019. Averages $14.4M/year.

Both Brown and Beasley got to test Free Agency, and these were the best deals they found. They know their value.

Both have Dead Money situations that make them easily expendable after this season. If they want to hold out on a contract they just signed, they can get traded to wherever the Bills decide for them, or they can get cut and try their luck again.

Neither Brown nor Beasley are in the Bills' long term plan. They are basically bridge players to get the WR squad along until we can draft/acquire better talent.

I like what Beasley has done so far, but would happily sacrifice him if it meant adding Diggs.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good question.

John Brown: 3 Year, $27M signed in 2019. Averages $9M/year.

Cole Beasley: 4 Year, $29M signed in 2019. Averages $7.25M/year.

Stefon Diggs: 5 Year, $72M signed in 2019. Averages $14.4M/year.

Both Brown and Beasley got to test Free Agency, and these were the best deals they found. They know their value.

Both have Dead Money situations that make them easily expendable after this season. If they want to hold out on a contract they just signed, they can get traded to wherever the Bills decide for them, or they can get cut and try their luck again.

Neither Brown nor Beasley are in the Bills' long term plan. They are basically bridge players to get the WR squad along until we can draft/acquire better talent.

I like what Beasley has done so far, but would happily sacrifice him if it meant adding Diggs.

Good point about Brown and Beasley getting what they were offered.

Is Diggs really that much better?  Is he a true #1

Personally  I'd be fine long term (2 to 3 years) of a top 3 WR group of Diggs, Brown, Beasley.  I think these real true #1 guys are too often head cases.  Maybe Brown and OBJ have just given the rest a bad name?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, after yesterday this pipe-dream is officially dead. Bummer.

His contract is about $13M/season for 4 more years. That's a lot of money for a WR, and why I really dont want to trade anything higher than a 3rd.

It's actually not a bad deal for a guy of his talent level. I mean, hell, Sammy got $16,000,000 per from the Chiefs. 

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Good point about Brown and Beasley getting what they were offered.

Is Diggs really that much better?  Is he a true #1

Personally  I'd be fine long term (2 to 3 years) of a top 3 WR group of Diggs, Brown, Beasley.  I think these real true #1 guys are too often head cases.  Maybe Brown and OBJ have just given the rest a bad name?

I'd love a WR group of Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Duke. And even if we were to acquire Diggs, I believe we still draft WR early next year and prep to lose Brown at the end of his contract. That would be the best moves the Bills could make to bolster the WR corp. I get that it's easier said than done though. Especially since it looks like Diggs is stuck in Minn.

1 minute ago, H2o said:

It's actually not a bad deal for a guy of his talent level. I mean, hell, Sammy got $16,000,000 per from the Chiefs. 

Oh, I agree. The deal is decent as far as his real value goes. But if I have to give up a pick (or picks) in addition to paying that much, it can't be in the first 2 rounds. We need those picks to add cheap talent on rookie contracts while we pay Diggs and other vets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh, I agree. The deal is decent as far as his real value goes. But if I have to give up a pick (or picks) in addition to paying that much, it can't be in the first 2 rounds. We need those picks to add cheap talent on rookie contracts while we pay Diggs and other vets.

I think I would give up a 2nd at most. You figure that's what we spent on Zay. Not parting with a 1st though. 

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think I would give up a 2nd at most. You figure that's what we spent on Zay. Not parting with a 1st though. 

Definitely not a 1st. Even with Diggs, I want the Bills to be able to go WR + OL in rounds 1 and 2 next year. I have no problem trading away the rest of the draft. But want those first 2 picks.

• Haha (+1) 1

Diggs' stats are pretty unimpressive to me.

He's played a full season, never.

He's gotten 1000+ yards once.

He had 24 TDs in his first four years, combined.

I am TOTALLY in the "we need one more SOLID receiver," camp.  I'm not sure Stefon Diggs is worth $14 million/year, though.  And I'm in the HELL NO camp when it comes to Green.  Not sure how much of an impact an aging, injury prone WR is gonna make in the 5 (tops) games he actually plays in.

I honestly don't know what WRs are available at the moment, but if Diggs and Green are the best two .... I'd rather roll with who we've got.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1