Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

All things considered, I think he would do better actually.  He's still on a record setting pace without Hill all season.  When a good WR goes to a bad team just to get paid thier productions falls off. Basically every WR that has come through pittsburgh for example, my opinion the QB makes the WR, not the other way around. (Sans Mike Evans/Money Manziel lol)

You lost me now.  Mahomes weapons are open all over the place and when he throws jump balls, they go and get them.  

I don’t see how he does better throwing to Brown, Beasley, Knox and Zay. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You lost me now.  Mahomes weapons are open all over the place and when he throws jump balls, they go and get them.  

Oh no man. This take was dead by week 3 of 2018.

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm not sure where I stand on the last point you make...  Honest question:  What do you think Mahomes would be if you substituted his weapons with ours?

This year: pretty good but not as good as he is with the guys he's had 2 years to get in sync with

Last year: not so good

JMO

41 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Now you are calling me a patriots fan?   You have the most accurate screen name of anyone here.  

Nice substantive response there. 

Let's review:  I say you're making unsupported assertions that Diggs would have "no noticable impact on the Bills offense". 

You respond defending the point I'm not questioning - that Allen has made some bad decisions.

I respond pointing out it's the "no noticable impact on the Bills offense" I'm calling unsupported, not the question of whether or not Allen has made some bad decisions.

And your response is to take a shot at my screen name?

You say you hate the Patriots and you're a Bills fan, but that's not how the totality of your posts come across, especially when we've played the Pats.  That's just my take.  Deal.

And if you want to dole snark about unsupported assertions, when someone challenges them with some argument, respond with an argument, not a shot at the guy's screen name.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Meh... he's probably worth that, but i think looking at our offensive scheme matters quite a bit. I love Evans because he's everything we're missing and a top 3-5 WR who doesn't get nearly enough credit. 

I wouldn't mind giving it up for Hopkins though. 

Man... Looking back at that 14 draft and the depth of the WR position and realizing we gave up 2 first for Sammy Watkins still stings... 

I know some people will never understand it and they may  feel it was still too much to give up, and many do, BUT THEY DID NOT GIVE UP 2 FIRST ROUNDERS!!!! THEY SWITCHED FIRSTS AND THEN GAVE THEM A FIRST ROUNDER. Why is that so difficult to comprehend. Personally I was hoping they were going to draft Mack with the pick.

Edited by SteveFreeman22
  • Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Eh maybe so, but he still lost Hill and no one else is even close to as talented as him, Kelce helps also. Mahomes could put up 350 yards with my short self catching balls.   But not even Diggs could save JA from some of these god awful passes hes throwing.  

most guys want to get traded cause they want to get paid. he got paid.  i dont see beane pulling a houston and giving up multiple firsts or seconds for the guy.  he's good but he's not top 5 in the league good.  He's probably top 15 right outside top 10.  Be tough to sell me unless the vikings think zays value is actually a 2nd and we give them him and another 2nd or something.  zays value probably isnt a second right now. 

Diggs is in the same tier as Amani Cooper, but Cooper is a little better.  At the time that Dallas gave up a 1st for him, many thought they overpaid.  Cooper's perceived value was a 2nd round pick.  That being said, maybe he could be had for a 2020 2nd, and 2021 3rd.  It might even take 2 2nd rounders.  Given what he could do for our offense, I would go as high as 2 2nds for him.  He would essentially be replacing Zay Jones on the outside.  The guy is a play-maker, when the ball is in the air.  Diggs, Beasley and Brown, would be an outstanding trio. 

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

most guys want to get traded cause they want to get paid. he got paid.  i dont see beane pulling a houston and giving up multiple firsts or seconds for the guy.  he's good but he's not top 5 in the league good.  He's probably top 15 right outside top 10.  Be tough to sell me unless the vikings think zays value is actually a 2nd and we give them him and another 2nd or something.  zays value probably isnt a second right now. 

Ha.  Well. 

Digressing a bit, but stay with me, it's relevant to the Diggs thing.  Cousins was supposed to be Magical Franchise Man for the Vikes to lift them from the disappointing 2017 13-3 conference championship loss into the Promised Land of Perennial Contention.  The Vikes Brain Trust decided that Keenum wasn't the answer, but Cousins was.

Now it looks like "if Cousins was the answer, What was the Question?"  I will belly up to the bar for my helping of "Crow Pie" when I'm wrong, and I was wrong about Cousins.  I wanted us to "Go Big" and bring him in.  Clearly, and given what he signed for in Minn, that would have been a mistake.

So here is Diggs, who had that 2017 Vision of Visiting the Promised Land of Perennial Contention.  Now last year, and yeah, he's putting up more yards than before under Cousins, but they mean less.  I don't know what role that plays in it, but I guess my point would be if that's what's going on, B'lo probably isn't the right place for him.

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He just said "There's truth to all rumors" in his interview with reporters in MN. Oh, boy... ;)

Wait, which "he"?  Diggs?

A 3rd and a 5th, or a 3rd and Zay Jones, is all I'm willing to offer.

Even with Diggs, we still need to draft a WR early next year. Most likely 1st round. And we need to address OL in the 1st or 2nd as well.

Plus, with his contract, Diggs is too expensive to warrant a 1st, let alone 2 1sts.

3rd and 5th. Git'r'dun

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I would rather the Bills get one of the following.............

Laviska Shanault

Henry Ruggs 

CeeDee Lamb

Tyler Johnson

Tee Higgins

Jalen Reagor

Tylan Wallace

All of them would be a really nice fit with Allen. 

Zero need to go out and acquire an expensive veteran WR.

48 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Diggs is in the same tier as Amani Cooper, but Cooper is a little better.  At the time that Dallas gave up a 1st for him, many thought they overpaid.  Cooper's perceived value was a 2nd round pick.  That being said, maybe he could be had for a 2020 2nd, and 2021 3rd.  It might even take 2 2nd rounders.  Given what he could do for our offense, I would go as high as 2 2nds for him.  He would essentially be replacing Zay Jones on the outside.  The guy is a play-maker, when the ball is in the air.  Diggs, Beasley and Brown, would be an outstanding trio. 

Cooper made a huge impact on the Cowboys offense.  They couldnt throw the football at all before that trade  Now all of a sudden Dak is great

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

So Diggs has a really good contract right now but holding out as he is not getting enough targets/catches?  Seems like another WideRaDiva to me = pass 

Give a a guy like Julio or Green that just performs to earn a contract and plays to that ability when healthy, all the while keeping tongue in check. 

IDK, maybe I have Diggs all wrong as he was banged up against the Bears?

Did you say the same about Andre Reed when he complained about not getting enough passes thrown his way...or when Thurman would complain he wasn't getting the ball enough?