Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Two 1s and he would be with the Bills.  So the question is the fanbase on board with giving up two 1sts for a WR right now?

For Stefon Diggs? Nope. Especially given how good the upcoming WR draft class is supposed to be.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Two 1s and he would be with the Bills.  So the question is the fanbase on board with giving up two 1sts for a WR right now?

I'm not trading two first round picks unless I'm getting a Julio Jones-in-his-prime type of player.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, whatdrought said:

Yuck! 

There's only one WR in the league I'd give that up for- Mike Evans. 

Just now, Logic said:

For Stefon Diggs? Nope. Especially given how good the upcoming WR draft class is supposed to be.

Just now, blacklabel said:

I'm not trading two first round picks unless I'm getting a Julio Jones-in-his-prime type of player.

I wouldn't either.  I dont think there is a WR in the league I would give that up for, but that is what is will take to get Diggs off the roster at this point.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'd give it up for Nuke Hopkins, personally.

Meh... he's probably worth that, but i think looking at our offensive scheme matters quite a bit. I love Evans because he's everything we're missing and a top 3-5 WR who doesn't get nearly enough credit. 

I wouldn't mind giving it up for Hopkins though. 

Man... Looking back at that 14 draft and the depth of the WR position and realizing we gave up 2 first for Sammy Watkins still stings... 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I wouldn't either.  I dont think there is a WR in the league I would give that up for, but that is what is will take to get Diggs off the roster at this point.

Then I want nothing to do with him.

I would for Evans and be perfectly happy with it, but he's the only one I'd be 100% excited about doing so. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Man... Looking back at that 14 draft and the depth of the WR position and realizing we gave up 2 first for Sammy Watkins still stings... 

The crazy thing is, with our current offensive scheme and how good Sammy Watkins was at tracking and catching the deep ball, he'd actually really be great on this Bills offense right now. He's also kind of a lunatic, though, so there's that.

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

The crazy thing is, with our current offensive scheme and how good Sammy Watkins was at tracking and catching the deep ball, he'd actually really be great on this Bills offense right now. He's also kind of a lunatic, though, so there's that.

He’s already failed ‘the Process’, so there’s That too..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Unsupported assertions?  The Bill lead the league in turning the ball over, most of that is Allen.   Some decisions have been just awful, Bengals INT, taking sacks in FG range, there is plenty of data to support the assertion that Josh Allen has made a lot of bad decisions this year.  

The unsupported assertion is that the addition of Diggs would have "no noticable impact on the Bills offense", not whether or not Allen has made some bad decisions.  Therefore you can not defend your assertion simply by reiterating that Allen has made some bad decisions or that the Bills have high turnovers.

I'm going to guess that you really haven't watched the Bills first 3 games very carefully, which is understandable being a Pats fan.  

It's inarguable that Allen has made some bad decisions, and been careless with the football at times, but he has also made some good decisions and had some very clutch play.  The Bills are tied with two other teams for leading in TO (and one more than 3 other teams) because of the bad game they just had against the Pats.   Of Allen's 6 INTs, 3 were in the Pats game we just saw.   4 INT in one game, when the season is young, will do that to a team's TO standings.  Previous to that, Allen was 3 INT in 3 games - one off Beasley's thigh which goes to Allen but it certainly doesn't reflect a bad decision. 

In addition, while they were poor throwing decisions, one has to note that a quality WR who would fight harder to bring in a ball or to defend on a ball he can't catch would arguably have reduced some of Allen's INTs (I'm talking about YOU, Zay Jones).  As evidence supporting this, I point to the Vikings 2017 season, in which Keenum threw 7 INTs to 11 the previous year with the Rams and 15 the subsequent year with Denver.  That wasn't because Keenum became a more accurate passer and made better decisions with the Vikes, it was in good part because he had two excellent WR in Theilen and Diggs who could adjust to his zip-code-accuracy, have unreal vertical leaps, and could save the catch or avert the INT.

Now if Allen keeps playing like he did in the Pats game, you would have a case for saying that adding another piece would have no impact.  But based on the totality of Allen's play in 1/4 of the season, I don't think you can make a cogent argument that adding another quality WR would have "no noticable impact on the Bills offense" because it's all on Allen's poor decisions.

It's nice to have a QB who has great accuracy and makes great decisions, but if having a great WR has no impact on an offense (especially with a QB who doesn't have pinpoint accuracy and who takes risks) it would be a bit puzzling that the Pats*** have worked so hard to improve their WR room taking chances on supremely talented but troubled WR such as Gordon and Brown.  In fact as an assertion is a bit hard to defend (see what I did there?) overall.  If one watches KC or Bengals or Falcons games through the years the impact of top WR such as Hill, Green, and Jones on "saving" slightly off throws and making the QB look good has been clear.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Absolutely not.  More to the point, I don't think Beane would be on board with giving up two 1sts for a highly-paid unhappy WR right now.

• Like (+1) 2

All one has to do is watch the Chiefs/Ravens game to see the impact WR's can have on a QB.  Especially young QB's.   Lamar Jackson had a couple should-be picks that ended up caught or incomplete.  Mahomes has guys wide open all over the place and when they're not, they are making jump ball catches with regularity. 

I mean just look at Allen when throwing to Brown and Beasley.  It's night and day from last year.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

why would the Vikings trade him? They need him.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The unsupported assertion is that the addition of Diggs would have "no noticable impact on the Bills offense", not whether or not Allen has made some bad decisions.  Therefore you can not defend your assertion simply by reiterating that Allen has made some bad decisions or that the Bills have high turnovers.

I'm going to guess that you really haven't watched the Bills first 3 games very carefully, which is understandable being a Pats fan.  

It's inarguable that Allen has made some bad decisions, and been careless with the football at times, but he has also made some good decisions and had some very clutch play.  The Bills are tied with two other teams for leading in TO (and one more than 3 other teams) because of the bad game they just had against the Pats.   Of Allen's 6 INTs, 3 were in the Pats game we just saw.   4 INT in one game, when the season is young, will do that to a team's TO standings.  Previous to that, Allen was 3 INT in 3 games - one off Beasley's thigh which goes to Allen but it certainly doesn't reflect a bad decision. 

In addition, while they were poor throwing decisions, one has to note that a quality WR who would fight harder to bring in a ball or to defend on a ball he can't catch would arguably have reduced some of Allen's INTs (I'm talking about YOU, Zay Jones).  As evidence supporting this, I point to the Vikings 2017 season, in which Keenum threw 7 INTs to 11 the previous year with the Rams and 15 the subsequent year with Denver.  That wasn't because Keenum became a more accurate passer and made better decisions with the Vikes, it was in good part because he had two excellent WR in Theilen and Diggs who could adjust to his zip-code-accuracy, have unreal vertical leaps, and could save the catch or avert the INT.

Now if Allen keeps playing like he did in the Pats game, you would have a case for saying that adding another piece would have no impact.  But based on the totality of Allen's play in 1/4 of the season, I don't think you can make a cogent argument that adding another quality WR would have "no noticable impact on the Bills offense" because it's all on Allen's poor decisions.

It's nice to have a QB who has great accuracy and makes great decisions, but if having a great WR has no impact on an offense (especially with a QB who doesn't have pinpoint accuracy and who takes risks) it would be a bit puzzling that the Pats*** have worked so hard to improve their WR room taking chances on supremely talented but troubled WR such as Gordon and Brown.  In fact as an assertion is a bit hard to defend (see what I did there?) overall.  If one watches KC or Bengals or Falcons games through the years the impact of top WR such as Hill, Green, and Jones on "saving" slightly off throws and making the QB look good has been clear.

Absolutely not.  More to the point, I don't think Beane would be on board with giving up two 1sts for a highly-paid unhappy WR right now.

Now you are calling me a patriots fan?   You have the most accurate screen name of anyone here.  

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's nice to have a QB who has great accuracy and makes great decisions, but if having a great WR has no impact on an offense (especially with a QB who doesn't have pinpoint accuracy and who takes risks) it would be a bit puzzling that the Pats*** have worked so hard to improve their WR room taking chances on supremely talented but troubled WR such as Gordon and Brown.  In fact as an assertion is a bit hard to defend (see what I did there?) overall.  If one watches KC or Bengals or Falcons games through the years the impact of top WR such as Hill, Green, and Jones on "saving" slightly off throws and making the QB look good has been clear. Josh led some good comeback against garbage teams which we shouldnt have been close with in the first place.  Its like rushing an essay last minute and still getting a C, yeah I guess its a W but the impact Josh has on a WR > than any WR would on Josh.  By a lot

Idt anybody could say adding Diggs would have 0 impact.  But he's not gonna save Josh from chucking a 40 yarder blind while being tackled.  A lot of decisions Josh has made this year have scared me, just as bad if not worse than last year.  We scraped to beat garbage teams and its a lot to do with JA.  Impact of JAllen on a WR> The WR on JAllen by a long shot

5 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Idt anybody could say adding Diggs would have 0 impact.  But he's not gonna save Josh from chucking a 40 yarder blind while being tackled.  A lot of decisions Josh has made this year have scared me, just as bad if not worse than last year.  We scraped to beat garbage teams and its a lot to do with JA.  Impact of JAllen on a WR> The WR on JAllen by a long shot

I'm not sure where I stand on the last point you make...  Honest question:  What do you think Mahomes would be if you substituted his weapons with ours?

Edited by SCBills

So Diggs has a really good contract right now but holding out as he is not getting enough targets/catches?  Seems like another WideRaDiva to me = pass 

Give a a guy like Julio or Green that just performs to earn a contract and plays to that ability when healthy, all the while keeping tongue in check. 

IDK, maybe I have Diggs all wrong as he was banged up against the Bears?

Edited by Real McCoy

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm not sure where I stand on the last point you make...  Honest question:  What do you think Mahomes would be if you substituted his weapons with ours?

All things considered, I think he would do better actually.  He's still on a record setting pace without Hill all season.  When a good WR goes to a bad team just to get paid thier productions falls off. Basically every WR that has come through pittsburgh for example, my opinion the QB makes the WR, not the other way around. (Sans Mike Evans/Money Manziel lol)