Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

And the qb is still learning that on a cheap contract so you can over invest in making life easier for him

im not a huge Diggs guy but couldn’t be more pro-add WR threats. Give Allen more wide open throws. Pull more pass rushers into coverage. Make his life easier 

Good points all. I’m fine either way. 

39 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

How about a 2nd and that’s it. 

The dude averages 850 yds a season over his first 4. 

He averaged 63.5 yards per game over his first 4.

Equates to 1016 yards per year. With some bad QB play. And his most recent season was his best.

Diggs is deadly.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:12 PM, John from Riverside said:

There has not been "crap qb play" this year

There has been a game where Josh played badly where we went against one of the best defenses in the league....Josh played well on our way to 3 and 0

Only in spurts, he played poorly at times in every game. he got away with it against the bad teams but against a good team, like the Patriots, you can't pull it off. He's got to get better and smarter with the ball.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:14 PM, John from Riverside said:

Would much rather have him running those deep throws then Zay Jones

That is all

Would much rather have Brown or Foster running those deep routes than Zay Jones.  Edit: or Roberts for that matter

On 9/29/2019 at 6:51 PM, clearwater cadet said:

Zay Jones is my least favorite bill of all time.

Newbie fan, are ya?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 6:56 PM, mattynh said:

Diggs will not all of a sudden make Allen make better decisions.  I know you dont agree but Diggs will have no noticeable impact on this offense.

It's always nice to make these unsupported assertions.

Diggs plays bigger than his 6 -0 height.  He's shown the consistent ability for several QB to go up for, back for, and otherwise adjust for off-target throws.

The Bills could badly use another quality NFL WR. 

Allen played against a mastermind coach at confusing young QB and stout pressure our OL wasn't in sync enough to counter.  As a result, he reverted to some previous bad habits and played badly.  And he is who we thought he was - a rather raw guy who needed development.  This won't be the last of the bad decisions we see from him.

But Allen has also played some much better football this year with improved short and medium accuracy and improved ability to go through his progressions.  One really can't say that a second "gamer" WR with a complete route package and proven abilities to bail out his QB from "off" throws would have "no noticable impact" on this offense.

I don't think we'll get him, but I think he'd have an impact if we did.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

They aren’t trading him. Already turned down 2 high picks -per NFLR

i heard this as well this morning.  he and ramsey aren't getting traded apparently.  if i heard correctly, the comment was the jags turned down two firsts for ramsey.  I don't completely believe that.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's always nice to make these unsupported assertions.

Diggs plays bigger than his 6 -0 height.  He's shown the consistent ability for several QB to go up for, back for, and otherwise adjust for off-target throws.

The Bills could badly use another quality NFL WR. 

Allen played against a mastermind coach at confusing young QB and stout pressure our OL wasn't in sync enough to counter.  As a result, he reverted to some previous bad habits and played badly.  And he is who we thought he was - a rather raw guy who needed development.  This won't be the last of the bad decisions we see from him.

But Allen has also played some much better football this year with improved short and medium accuracy and improved ability to go through his progressions.  One really can't say that a second "gamer" WR with a complete route package and proven abilities to bail out his QB from "off" throws would have "no noticable impact" on this offense.

I don't think we'll get him, but I think he'd have an impact if we did.

Unsupported assertions?  The Bill lead the league in turning the ball over, most of that is Allen.   Some decisions have been just awful, Bengals INT, taking sacks in FG range, there is plenty of data to support the assertion that Josh Allen has made a lot of bad decisions this year.  

However, I am not an Allen hater like you are seeming to assume.   I do agree he has improved a ton in short and medium accuracy.  I know he improved from the beginning to end of last year and improved to start this year, the trajectory needs to continue upward and I am confident it will.  But the Bills sit at 8th or 9th in yards, have improved OL and WR.  Sure the talent is not top notch and the team should continue to try and improve but I contend with the players they have they can have a very good offense, assuming the QB makes better decisions.  That is the most important thing moving forward, much more important than adding Stephon Diggs.    The output wont change much with Diggs is my contention, but it will/can if Allen gets better.   The most important key to a better offense is more consistent QB play, not other WR's.

• Like (+1) 1