Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

He actually had his best year without Shurmur though.  

I’m someone who never got the Cousins hype.  But at this point, I’d trust him over Allen and Jones as passers.  Plus, the Vikes are loaded as a team.  I don’t know why they would want to trade Diggs at this point. 

Cousins is a tease at best and closer to horrible than good.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m someone who never got the Cousins hype.  But at this point, I’d trust him over Allen and Jones as passers.  Plus, the Vikes are loaded as a team.  I don’t know why they would want to trade Diggs at this point. 

Well, in 2017, he had 14 catches for 207 yards in two postseason games, so that should be factored in. But it's immaterial: while he had a great year last year, he was also terrific before that. He's a good player, and is gonna know Shurmur's system pretty well. Bottom line: he's a good player who will slide in easily in NY. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is always reported wrong. Instagram shows the people you follow first when looking at another person's followers. So naturally a Bills fan will see that Diggs is following Bills players. It doesn't mean anything.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow. I like Jones (he's good!) and have been a defender of Cousins for years because my wife went to MSU and he did well there. But he is fool's gold. He fails all the time in big games and against good teams. I'm off his bandwagon. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, in 2017, he had 14 catches for 207 yards in two postseason games, so that should be factored in. But it's immaterial: while he had a great year last year, he was also terrific before that. He's a good player, and is gonna know Shurmur's system pretty well. Bottom line: he's a good player who will slide in easily in NY. 

I gotcha. That would be a top 5 receiving core. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is always reported wrong. Instagram shows the people you follow first when looking at another person's followers. So naturally a Bills fan will see that Diggs is following Bills players. It doesn't mean anything.

And you are now qualified to work in sports media!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

PS - I don't know why they'd want to trade him either. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He's only 25.

Unless he said I'm done here.

Maybe he doesn't get along with Cousins?

Wasnt there just an Issue with Thielen(sp?) and Cousins?

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Wow. I like Jones (he's good!) and have been a defender of Cousins for years because my wife went to MSU and he did well there. But he is fool's gold. He fails all the time in big games and against good teams. I'm off his bandwagon. 

I can’t say I was a huge fan of Jones but it did seem like overkill the way people trashed the pick before he took a snap.  He actually reminds of a less athletic Allen.

and for a 4th round pick, Cousins was a great pick. Getting paid what he’s getting paid, it’s awful.  A team (even a dumb one like Washington) doesn’t let a true franchise qb go unless there’s an injury or they don’t believe him.  That said, I still can see a scenario where Cousins could have success with Minny. They have one of the best rosters in the NFL.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I don't know, honestly. Subtracting talent from a playoff-level team just strikes me as a bad idea. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t say I was a huge fan of Jones but it did seem like overkill the way people trashed the pick before he took a snap.  He actually reminds of a less athletic Allen.

and for a 4th round pick, Cousins was a great pick. Getting paid what he’s getting paid, it’s awful.  A team (even a dumb one like Washington) doesn’t let a true franchise qb go unless there’s an injury or they don’t believe him.  That said, I still can see a scenario where Cousins could have success with Minny. They have one of the best rosters in the NFL.

Historically, he's a fair bit more accurate. I know you can't read too much into preseason, but he looked great in terms of accuracy.

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Cousins is a dork.  He’s like that guy who is a friend of friend that no one wants to hang out with but gets invited out because one guy feels bad for him. 

If Allen play better and accuratly throwing the deep ball, I believe the tone on this board would be different. 

I am a Allen fan, he is playing well but his deep ball thus far has been off.

Edited by BBills88