Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I think the Giants are hands down the likeliest candidate. He fits a real need, Shurmur had success with him, and they're not out of it by any means.

But that’s sensible, informed, decent speculation. What we’re looking for is rampant, baseless, irresponsible speculation. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But that’s sensible, informed, decent speculation. What we’re looking for is rampant, baseless, irresponsible speculation. 

Ha ha. In all seriousness, he was super-productive under Shurmur in the two years Shurmur was Minnesota's OC - 2016 and 2017. Plus there's that catch in the Saints playoff game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggSt00.htm

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Ha ha. In all seriousness, he was super-productive under Shurmur in the two years Shurmur was Minnesota's OC - 2016 and 2017. Plus there's that catch in the Saints playoff game. 

I like him a lot. I think that’s a good spot for him. Especially if they want to escalate the Daniel Jones fraud. 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

good player but doesn’t he have a big contract?  Also he is not a true #1 that the team needs

The Bills have tons of cap space, and he's 10 times the player Jones is. It's not even a comparison, really. That said, I don't see him winding up on the Bills at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

good player but doesn’t he have a big contract?  Also he is not a true #1 that the team needs

I think he is a playmaker

At some point we need to start spending some of this money.....Beane even though he brought in all these players this year still spent a mild portion of our cap....we have even MORE cap going into next year.

I realize we need to extend our own good players.....but we also need to think about the final pieces of what will be a Super Bowl team.   Why is KC so good?  Because they have TALENT

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills have tons of cap space, and he's 10 times the player Jones is. It's not even a comparison, really. That said, I don't see him winding up on the Bills at all. 

We did inquire about Antonio Brown....yes that worked out in our favor

but

It doesnt change the fact that the bills were lookign

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he is a playmaker

At some point we need to start spending some of this money.....Beane even though he brought in all these players this year still spent a mild portion of our cap....we have even MORE cap going into next year.

I realize we need to extend our own good players.....but we also need to think about the final pieces of what will be a Super Bowl team.   Why is KC so good?  Because they have TALENT

It's more about the Giants than the Bills. He's a better fit there, and he's an even bigger need for them than he is for the Bills. Plus he had a ton of success under Shurmur.

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He actually had his best year without Shurmur though.  

I’m someone who never got the Cousins hype.  But at this point, I’d trust him over Allen and Jones as passers.  Plus, the Vikes are loaded as a team.  I don’t know why they would want to trade Diggs at this point. 

It's more about the Giants than the Bills. He's a better fit there, and he's an even bigger need for them than he is for the Bills. Plus he had a ton of success under Shurmur.

Take whatever they are offering......and offer him fee wings for life, whatever soda he wants in the soda machine.....and 5 percent more in actual money

But Gettlemen is talking with his stooges and saying, "Yeah, he's a great fit, and he will probably be great for us, but Shurmur is pushing this hard, so when that happens he will look smart and we can't have that."