Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The Bills tried trading for a WR in-season and it failed miserably in 2017 when they went after Kelvin Benjamin.

Just roll with what you got for the rest of 2019.

Yeah I am not sure I would agree with that.....we need to win now

Super Bowl probably not but this is a playoff team

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah I am not sure I would agree with that.....we need to win now

Super Bowl probably not but this is a playoff team

The Bills can easily go to the playoffs without adding a WR from the outside via trade.

Just now, Rob's House said:

That's how highlights work.

LOL yeah I understand that

His overall numbers dont look bad either over 1000 yards last year?

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills can easily go to the playoffs without adding a WR from the outside via trade.

Should always be looking to improve.   And lets face it past Brown and Cole.....a lot of just a guy's

Minny seems to be a win now team judging by the age of their roster and the nature to which they went in on Kirk Cousins. I don't know why they would trade Diggs. Their offense primarily works because Diggs and Thielen keep opposing defenses from stacking against the run. 

I would love for the Bills to trade a number 2 pick and a more disposable player like Zay or Spain (I think if everyone is healthy you kick Ford into where Spain plays) for Diggs who I think would give the offense enough weapons to be a top 10 unit. Brown and Cole would slide down to the number 2 and 3 options where they would be most effective and Diggs at age 26 would have enough years left at a high level to justify the draft capital of a 2nd rounder and a the cap hit. 

If Diggs hit the market I think Minny would want a 1st rounder and a starter, I think the Bills wouldn’t be justified giving up a 1stbut for a 2ndI would easily offer. But right now I don’t see why Minny would trade Diggs. 

21 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allens play did cost us the win.....along with ST's

Can you at least say the 3 passes cost Zay "a chance" at 3 TD's.......cuz there is no guarantee especially given the player he would have even caught them.....

We’ll never know because none of those throws were remotely close to being catchable. Yet somehow, despite this, it’s Zay who gets ripped instead of the QB who has repeatedly missed him.

I don’t think Jones is a good WR but the hate he gets on this board is disproportionate to the mistakes he’s made this season.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills tried trading for a WR in-season and it failed miserably in 2017 when they went after Kelvin Benjamin.

Just roll with what you got for the rest of 2019.

I think the Bills should be monitoring the WR trade market but shouldn't feel forced to make a move. A true number one WR is the Bills biggest need on offense. They lack a game setting WR1. Cole is a very good slot guy and Brown is a nice number 2 but they need a true number one. I don't think a true game breaking WR one or even a respectable WR one will hit the market. But if there is a reasonably priced upgrade to the WR position out on the market then I think the team will have to take that chance. Diggs isn't going anywhere unless a first round pick is in the mix which is too high a price in my opinion. But if a good WR hits the market and could be had at compensation that makes sense then they shouldn't be afraid to go after one. 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, apuszczalowski said:

Well Thielen did come out after the game frustrated by the coaches wanting to run the ball all the time and said that when the running game isn't working you have to start throwing the ball. I would think he is closer to being traded over Diggs unless Cousins and the coaching staff are almost out the door?

I don’t understand why Zimmer felt they needed to run more.  They were 9th in points allowed with 341 so it’s not like they needed ball control to keep their defense off the field.  They were 19th in points scored with 360, which was likely more responsible for their 8-7-1 record.  When you have Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph and you added Irv Smith, why wouldn’t you want to use them? Cook is also a good receiver out of the backfield, as he showed last season with 40 receptions in 11 games. I guess it’s just Zimmer’s preference.

If Diggs and/or Thielen are unhappy and the Vikes want to trade them, go gettum!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How about now? Is it link time now?

Don't forget the illustrious career of Erik Flowers.

Or Eddie Robinson.

Yeah, who was it, Pennington, not known for his running, that just about broke Robinson’s ankles?

On 9/30/2019 at 1:55 PM, apuszczalowski said:

Well Thielen did come out after the game frustrated by the coaches wanting to run the ball all the time and said that when the running game isn't working you have to start throwing the ball. I would think he is closer to being traded over Diggs unless Cousins and the coaching staff are almost out the door?

Let's get em both.Baller moves Beanes

23 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This thread is such a tease. I have proof link anxiety.

fantastical thinking can happen