Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

9 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

Be careful man dont forget to add in the 24 TDs

Or your narrative is flawed ?

Yes 24 TDs against 36 TOs is the stat line for success for my QB. 

Edited by corta765
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Yeah Pats - fixed

They have a damn good D and front 7 that get's constant pressure on QB's and shuts running games down (up until today). They basically help or play as a unit like the Bills did today.  

Allen has to get his turnovers in check. Allen has to not take sacks when in field goal range and just throw the ball away. Allen needs to take better care of his body when running or he won't last long enough to even become franchise. Allen needs to seriously work on his deep balls.

Allen will not have to see a D as good as the Pars for awhile now. Let's see if he can learn from his mistakes and grow. I will continue to support him 

We can't take 18yrs of Pats dominance against our Bills and throw it all at Allen. A kid that is still learning and developing.

Agreed.

The Titans on the road will be tough but the following 3 games all feature poor to horrible defenses. We need to see major improvement in the Miami and Washington games. A win against either the Eagles or Titans would be nice too. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bevis said:

No idea I don't really follow him too much, I just know that in his second season was farther along than Allen currently is.

ahhh so you wouldn’t know he is sucking to the point Bears fans wanting him Benched 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

The Titans on the road will be tough but the following 3 games all feature poor to horrible defenses. We need to see major improvement in the Miami and Washington games. A win against either the Eagles or Titans would be nice too. 

That's were I'm at man. If we continue to see games like today throughout this year Beane and McD have some serious things to think or figure out. 

I love the clutch Josh Allen leading 4th qtr comebacks. If he can just piece this all together, we all know he has the physical tools. I'm tired of the QB purgatory in Buffalo, just be the man Josh!

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

That's were I'm at man. If we continue to see games like today throughout this year Beane and McD have some serious things to think or figure out. 

I love the clutch Josh Allen leading 4th qtr comebacks. If he can just piece this all together, we all know he has the physical tools. I'm tired of the QB purgatory in Buffalo, just be the man Josh!

Agreed.

I'm hoping for it as well. I just can't understand the decision making sometimes.

Last week it was the interception rolling right, throwing a duck across the middle, and there was also a bone head intentional grounding call that knocked us out of field goal range in the 1st quarter. 

This week it was three heaves into double coverage, plus a bone headed sack that made a field goal more difficult when he had time to throw it away.

These plays need to stop. They're inexcusable at this point, but we see them week after week. If those disappear, he can be a pretty good player. He just needs to take care of the football better. 

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

44 pass plays

17 runs

Can't beat New England like that.  

And there is no way that should be the split going forward.  

We should be running 40 plus percent of the time.  

And that was the fundamental flaw in Debolds offensive scheme today.  Way to many empty backfield sets meant he was putting the ball in our young QB's hands to much.  On the positive side it means that Debold thought he could handle it.  On the negative Allen couldn't, which given his inexperience and Belichick's defensive prowess was probably inevitable.  It simply was putting to much on Allen's shoulders. 

And let's not forget that our running game is pretty weak.  Sure Gore had an amazing game for a 36 year old RB but against what the Pats were running on D how would any of the younger stud RB's have fared?  Maybe 150 - 200 yards?  The absence of Singleterry was a big deal.  You can't ask Gore to lug the rock 25 times and they were afraid to let the 3rd string RB carry the ball.  I mean if I'm a NE safety or LB and Yeldon is in there I know for a fact that he's not getting the hand off.  That's a HUGE handicap when you're trying to get receivers open on short & intermediate routes.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m pretty confident we win this game if he isn’t cheap shotted out.  

He was figuring it out in the 2nd half, has one of the highest 4th Quarter QBR’s in the league, and our red zone offense is phenomenal with him in there.  

First half was worrisome though.   The main thing holding him back from becoming big time are the turnovers and connecting on the deep ball.   The deep ball will come, but he has to mentally focus and cut out the turnover garbage. 

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

44 pass plays

17 runs

Can't beat New England like that.  

And there is no way that should be the split going forward.  

We should be running 40 plus percent of the time.  

Funny thing is you knew what we were gonna do when Gore was in the backfield and you knew what we were gonna do when Yeldon was in the backfield.

27 minutes ago, dayman said:

Gardner Minshew looks good ?

He looks great with a guy running for 225 yards in his backfield!  That kind of threat will focus a defense's mind real fast.

Not to take anything away from Gore but NE completely ignored our running game today.  They knew that when Yeldon was in we were not going to run it and they figured that if Frank Gore took it to the house from 50 yards out they deserved to lose. 

NE focused 100% on keeping Allen in the pocket and taking away the deep shot.  It's hard to throw against an elite pass defense that isn't afraid of your running game.