Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

I think watching Brady could be eye opening for him.  The deep shot I'm ok with.  The other 2 were bad.  In that game their was no need to play that way.  The defense had the game under control.  He needs to reign himself in those situations.  Overall, Buffalo will be fine barring Allen getting cleared soon from protocol.  

57 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The Pats at home for the division lead and Allen played his worst game of the season and worst since he went out with injury last year.

This was an opportunity for a statement and instead we got the worst parts of Allen’s game which was trying for big plays which resulted in INTs and pocket presence failure resulting in loss of points.

Give the NE defense some credit and give Allen some credit for making half-time adjustments and putting together that great drive to start the 2nd half.  He just needs to stop making bad risky decisions throwing the ball downfield and take what the Defense gives him.  It was not a great game, but certainly not as bad is it looks.

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Jameis looked pretty damn good today. 

He also looked pretty bad.  Jameis is not a good quarterback.  He is a solid NFL starter if you don't want to win anything.  

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

What you can't argue with is that without the block punt TD the Bills win the game.

Yeah, stuff happens in football games. The Jets would have won if they had a better kicker. End of the day the team that makes more plays wins and Allen didn't do his part today. The Pats defense is solid but there were plays to be made and he didn't hit them. Take away 2 sacks and hit a wide open Zay Jones and we win 23-16.

Biggest problem for Allen right now is he can't beat blitzes. He needs to find a check down option or throw it away. Every blitz he panics and runs backwards. It's been the same for every game this year. Occasionally he makes an incredible play with his pure athleticism but he needs to hit the ordinary plays a lot more if he's going to be the franchise.

Edited by HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Bevis said:

I think you will end up dying on that sword when the record isn't so great because the QB is inconsistent. Good luck.

doesn’t matter right now. He is 3-1 and has improved from last year. Now if by end of season I don’t see more growth well then he will eventually start having me call for someone else. Let’s get to 20 starts first 

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Who in their front seven would start for us?

How is that an answer? They gave up 3 points to the last Super Bowl opponent. We got the first TD on them all year. They just might be kinda good. Just sayin’. Who are our Pro Bowlers? The TEAM production is what matters. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

doesn’t matter right now. He is 3-1 and has improved from last year. Now if by end of season I don’t see more growth well then he will eventually start having me call for someone else. Let’s get to 20 starts first 

Last year in week 4, Trubisky threw 6 TD's and took the next step in his quest to be a franchise QB. Allen is simply struggling too much and is simply not on par with those who came before him, or those drafted alongside him.

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And it’s taken him 5 years to play a good game.  Your opinions aren’t worth anything as it comes to evaluating QB play. 

wait...you’re saying this is his first good game in 5 years and you’re criticizing someone for their QB evaluations...

Edited by Bangarang

i liked daboll yelling at him and pointing to his head. i imagine he was saying you got think or be smarter. brady threw alot of balls away today and thats probobly all we needed today was the ball thrown away.

Allen had a terrible day today.  He's a young QB and it happens to every one of them NOT named Mahomes.  His 3 INT's were bad decisions but they did not impact the game to the extent the one blocked punt did for the simple reason that each INT gave NE the ball at about midfield.  These picks did not put NE in our red zone nor did they thwart a Bills drive into the red zone.

NE is an elite pass defense.  In fact today you saw the #1 & #2 pass defenses go at each other.  In case you didn't notice Brady had almost as bad a QB performance as Allen had.  He hit less then 50% of his passes threw a horrific INT that robbed NE of points.  And if Edmunds had intercepted that bad throw late in the 4th Brady would have thrown a game losing pick 6!

Bottom line is that if Allen had Brady's stat sheet we would be just as disappointed in his performance.  Maybe this tells us more about the two pass defenses on the field then it does the QB's?

We all hate the Pats and Belichick but he is the best defensive mind the game has ever seen.  His D held LA to 3 points in the Super Bowl.  As much as we dreaded it, today's outcome including Allen's performance, was always the most likely one.

In the end Allen will be fine and maybe we can get payback near the end of the season.

Edited by CincyBillsFan

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nobody wants better more than Josh. It’s the fully expected overreaction that is tiring. YES, is was a horrific performance for a while. BUT, what happened when things started settling down? He went 6-6 on the first TD given up by the Pats this year. Looked like the real deal when they got into the flow. It’s a mix. The bad was HORRIBLE, then there was a bit of encouraging play. Thanks to a dirty hit, we never got to see how it might have played out. 

Not to beat a dead horse but they went with the short passing game and ran the ball during that stretch.  JA was managed.  Don’t understand why the entire game wasn’t schemed like that series.

Edited by PayDaBill$

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

wait...you’re saying this is his first good game in 5 years and you’re criticizing someone for heir QB evaluations...

Hyperbole to prove a point.  Everyone knowing anything about football knows this is Winston’s make it or else year because he just hasn’t been very good.  Or would you also have traded an entire draft for him?

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Jim Kelly once threw 3 pick on the 1st 3 possessions of the game and the Bills won the game.   We'll never know what Josh would have done at the end of the game because he was taken out with a dirty hit.

but...we knew what belichek was gonna throw at him like he did all game long and did nothing to counter attack that...let alone allen's bone headed throws. i don't know if there was gonna be some automatic game saving switch that was gonna suddenly come on