Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why can't anyone have a conversation about how our QB has been one of the worst starters in the league this year?

Why is this just being dismissed?

QBR is the worst stat ever invented. You'd rather have a guy like Trubisky? Or Brissett? 

I'm not going to read through all of this.  Yes, he had a bad game, but Brady looked pretty bad as well and we all know how good he is.  It was a defensive battle and both QBs struggled.  No reason to over react - he is still learning and played against a great defense.  Time will tell on if he's the guy, but this game shouldn't be the measuring stick

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

so you didn’t watch the game. Still waiting for the 4 TOs. 

3-1 

You can only post their record for so long, eventually it might not backup your point the way you want. Allen is not "getting it", he's a turnover machine and the defense while great, cannot play like that every game. The next few games will really tell where this team is headed. This is where Bills seasons of the past went off the rails.

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Their secondary is good.

Looking at their front seven, I'm not sure they have anyone who would start in our defensive front seven. 

And yet they held the Rams offense to 3 points in the Super Bowl.

Ok man, I can't go any further with you. You're apparently willing to go to ridiculous lengths to justify your stance.

I'm out.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I would argue Allen's turnovers were at least as big a difference. You could argue he took 6 points off the board with sacks, and he gave the Pats good field position too many times.

What you can't argue with is that without the block punt TD the Bills win the game.

28 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why can't anyone have a conversation about how our QB has been one of the worst starters in the league this year?

Why is this just being dismissed?

I dismiss everything you say about QBs because back in the BBMB days you wanted to trade the entire draft to pick Jamies Winston.  Plus you only show up here when they don’t play well. Your opinions in QB play are worthless.

Allen got schooled by a master today.  He needs to have a Gore or another wise vet sit him down and convince him that the success of the team is not all on him, and he has to stop making that same mistake of throwing late into coverage.

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They had 5 sacks. A few were the result of our QBs holding the ball too long.

The last play they got a ton of pressure and got a tipped pass for an interception.

How many of their defensive front seven starters would start for us?

Their defense is very good, but I view ours as much better. Our defense is up their with Chicago as the best in the league. 

I agree with that statement. I don't need their starters, ours are great and play as a team.  

Bears, Bills and Pats have the best units in the league hands down. I can't tell you what order though. 

Josh isn't gonna be playing a top 1-3 D every week. He'll be fine.

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, Bevis said:

You can only post their record for so long, eventually it might not backup your point the way you want. Allen is not "getting it", he's a turnover machine and the defense while great, cannot play like that every game. The next few games will really tell where this team is headed. This is where Bills seasons of the past went off the rails.

turnover Machine.  Really he had 8 yeah that’s a lot. But I accept them why because he also makes throws OTHER QBs cannot. And because of that. 

3-1 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

And yet they held the Rams offense to 3 points in the Super Bowl.

Ok man, I can't go any further with you. You're apparently willing to go to ridiculous lengths to justify your stance.

I'm out.

Who in their front seven would start for us?

He was overwhelmed in that 1st half. The moment was too big for him.

All it means now is that we're still not sure.  He's young, and he could very easily get over these kinds of games - or this could be who he is.

A good performance today would have been more assuring, obviously.  Now, we need to see a lot more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I dismiss everything you say about QBs because back in the BBMB days you wanted to trade the entire draft to pick Jamies Winston.  Plus you only show up here when they don’t play well. Your opinions in QB play are worthless.

Allen got schooled by a master today.  He needs to have a Gore or another wise vet sit him down and convince him that the success of the team is not all on him, and he has to stop making that same mistake of throwing late into coverage.

Jameis looked pretty damn good today. 

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Jesus he had a bad day which opened some questions. It was referendum on his career today. Your right aikman manning weren’t HOFs day one yet Watson Mahomes and Jackson all seem to not be having as many issues. The kids got talent and seems like he has the potential to be the dude but he’s got to be smarter and do better. He didn’t a real test today which is OK but I want better and he better do better 

Nobody wants better more than Josh. It’s the fully expected overreaction that is tiring. YES, is was a horrific performance for a while. BUT, what happened when things started settling down? He went 6-6 on the first TD given up by the Pats this year. Looked like the real deal when they got into the flow. It’s a mix. The bad was HORRIBLE, then there was a bit of encouraging play. Thanks to a dirty hit, we never got to see how it might have played out. 

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I agree with that statement. Bears, Bills and Chicago have the best units in the league hands down. I can't tell you what order though. 

Josh isn't gonna be playing a top 1-3 D every week. 

Bear and Chicago? Did you mean the Pats?

Anyways, I think the Bills are the most complete D in the NFL, the Bears have the best front seven, and the Pats have the best secondary (I don't think their front seven is very good). 

I think the Bears and Bills at 1a and 1b. 

New England has a good defense, but I don't think it's elite. They don't have any game changers in their front seven, although all their role players fill their roles very well.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

turnover Machine.  Really he had 8 yeah that’s a lot. But I accept them why because he also makes throws OTHER QBs cannot. And because of that. 

3-1 

I think you will end up dying on that sword when the record isn't so great because the QB is inconsistent. Good luck.

Edited by Bevis

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

They are the number 1 ranked defense.  

Stop embarassing yourself over the Allen crusade. 

They've played 4 garbage offenses. 

Answer the question. 

The obvious answer is no one. Our D is much better. 

Edited by jrober38