Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

He was horrible.

The Pats scored 10 offensive points and didn't deserve to win.

Like I said: great defenses make even good QBs look bad.

It happened to Brady today.

It also happened to Allen.

Your agenda won't let you see that. For you, it HAS to be about more than that.

The Pats don't have a great defense.

Just now, jrober38 said:

Brady took what was there, which was next to nothing.

Our defense is outstanding.

Brady, unlike Allen, knows when to not throw the ball into coverage. 

Way to contradict yourself.

LMAO

ahhh wouldn’t it be so nice if ever QB could throw 3-5 intentional groundings and never get called 

Just now, Bevis said:

Allen is not playing like a franchise QB while younger QB's are already showing more promise, and then ofc we have the Mahomes issue.  Allen said he'd stop the hero ball crap after that terrible pick in the Bengals game, yet he fell right back into that ***** today. Not good, doesn't look like he's capable of not falling back on the poor decision making, add to that his accuracy on the deep ball is nonexistent. 

so you didn’t watch the game. Still waiting for the 4 TOs. 

3-1 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

It has. And now it's not.

Tough for people to understand, apparently.

it’s not difficult to understand actually. 

we don’t quite know how Allen will turn out. He could end up being another failed QB that guys like you anointed the savior for no reason other than blind hope.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think he's clearly a better QB than what he was last year...and I think he's got a ways to go.

Why you feel so desperate to validate a pre-draft take that was absurd from the start that you only show up in a post-game thread after his first lousy performance of the season is what is baffling.

You can call it baffling but really

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ--EqQVXqShMFYTTEF7TM

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Brady took what was there, which was next to nothing.

Our defense is outstanding.

Brady, unlike Allen, knows when to not throw the ball into coverage. 

Way to contradict yourself.

LMAO

And New England’S defense was terrible? Do you even think about the BS you spew?

Edited by Meatloaf63

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ummmm it has been. But again that does show improvement and contradicts the points of no improvement being shown

it literally proves nothing. Barkley came in cold off the bench and had 127 passing yards in less than a quarter. 

200 yards in today’s NFL isn’t anything to write home about.

Edited by Bangarang

Today was his first game of the season where inaccuracy was a major issue. He missed several easy short completions, especially early in the game. Eventually he needs to hit a deep ball to an NFL open receiver. All that arm talent and he wastes it by overthrowing everyone down the field. I can live with the dumb interceptions now and again but he can't be this inconsistent with reading the field and hitting his receivers in stride. Pretty demoralizing performance from him today. Yeah maybe he would have won the game if not for the concussion but honestly we should have had the game won by halftime. We can't always wait for the 4th quarter for Allen to turn it on.

35 minutes ago, corta765 said:

4 Turnovers plus a sack that took them out of FG range. He was a big part of the points NE got and the lack of scoring we had. For right now it’s OK but it forces some not fun questions about his play which is very up and down

Yes, a young QB’s play is generally up and down. Why is this surprising to you? Do you’re recognize names like Aikman and Peyton? Maybe you should look it up? HOF QB’s don’t always look like HOF QB’s as rookies, which is essentially what Josh is with 15 starts. I’m NOT saying he’s all that, but I’m smart enough to know you can’t tell yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

How many sacks they get today? How the final Bills play go?

They had 5 sacks. A few were the result of our QBs holding the ball too long.

The last play they got a ton of pressure and got a tipped pass for an interception.

How many of their defensive front seven starters would start for us?

Their defense is very good, but I view ours as much better. Our defense is up their with Chicago as the best in the league. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

I think Josh is a little overconfident - not cocky, but a bit too sure of himself at times. In the previous three games, he put the game on his shoulders, took too many chances, and made some costly mistakes. But he rallied the team in the fourth quarter and got three wins, so he figured he could keep doing it. If he hadn't been injured, it's possible that he would have pulled off a game-winning drive today.

Hopefully, this is a wake-up call for him. Fourth quarter heroics can't always make up for undisciplined play earlier in the game.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Yes, a young QB’s play is generally up and down. Why is this surprising to you? Do you’re recognize names like Aikman and Peyton? Maybe you should look it up? HOF QB’s don’t always look like HOF QB’s as rookies, which is essentially what Josh is with 15 starts. I’m NOT saying he’s all that, but I’m smart enough to know you can’t tell yet. 

Jesus he had a bad day which opened some questions. It was referendum on his career today. Your right aikman manning weren’t HOFs day one yet Watson Mahomes and Jackson all seem to not be having as many issues. The kids got talent and seems like he has the potential to be the dude but he’s got to be smarter and do better. He didn’t a real test today which is OK but I want better and he better do better 

33 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nope.

Pats O - 1 TD + 1 FG

Bills O - 1 TD + 1 FG

STs were the difference 

I would argue Allen's turnovers were at least as big a difference. You could argue he took 6 points off the board with sacks, and he gave the Pats good field position too many times.