Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

4 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

3 picks= failure. Don't get me wrong I think he will be just fine but he played poorly today.

And tow more fumbles, one lost.  

I think he will get better but how many games will it take? 5? 10? 15?  At what point do you know a guy won;t get better?  I have no idea.  I suspect McD doesn't either.  

Just now, corta765 said:

But he didn’t. Sorry I like Josh but for the season he is 3 TDs to 6 INTs plus 3 lost fumbles. After two games where the error was pointing up he has now had two games where the error went decidedly down. The defense will not be great forever and I want my QB to be better straight up 

Convenient you're not including his 3 rush TDs as well.

But hey, whatever. You do you.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Terrible performance.  It’ll get better

Right. He’s had two good games (Jets Giants) one average (Bengals) and one bad which was today which makes you ask some hard questions. This isn’t a panic button he has started just 16 games as much as a well I like what you’ve shown but I need better for it to work long term.

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

But he didn’t. Sorry I like Josh but for the season he is 3 TDs to 6 INTs plus 3 lost fumbles. After two games where the error was pointing up he has now had two games where the error went decidedly down. The defense will not be great forever and I want my QB to be better straight up 

how many Running TDS. I mean we want to count all his turnovers shouldn’t we count all his TDs

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, corta765 said:

Right. He’s had two good games (Jets Giants) one average (Bengals) and one bad which was today which makes you ask some hard questions. This isn’t a panic button he has started just 16 games as much as a well I like what you’ve shown but I need better for it to work long term.

It will be better.  He played against a championship defense.  You know this

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

I am an Allen fan- but agree with you. Bad mechanics, holding the ball too long 3 picks just a step back today. 

Right step back happens you hope it’s just a step and he goes forward from here. I would like a stretch with less turnovers it’s getting concerning.

Young QB with still less than a full season under his belt.  He is going to have bad moments.  What concerns me are the bad decisions he is making - taking sacks that knock you out of FG range, and throwing those awful off balance interceptions as he rolls out.

Just hope he learns from this sooner rather than later...

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

And tow more fumbles, one lost.  

I think he will get better but how many games will it take? 5? 10? 15?  At what point do you know a guy won;t get better?  I have no idea.  I suspect McD doesn't either.  

If Allen keeps making mistakes at this rate all season I’ll be worried. My hope after the 3-0 start was for Allen to keep learning how to reduce mistakes while the defense carried the team to victories this year. I’ll be worried if we start losing games, and Allen keeps making bad decisions with no sign of improvement once the offseason arrives. 

4 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

100% he failed today. You can see the fear and the poor decision making from the get go. 

Way too much respect for the Pats. 

Lets hope he learns to not get in his own head like that against stronger opponents

On  a Side not BB has been doing this for years to young QBs. Ala Dick Lambeau

Edited by MAJBobby

I don't think the offensive game plan helped Allen's play.  Why not quick slants, out-patterns or draws??  Maybe the plan was to show off Josh's arm and stretch the defense but obviously that failed.  That nice, quick play drive to start the 3rd quarter was never brought back again?

Edited by Stallions
  • Like (+1) 1

They lost because of Allen today plain and simple. Rather he finished the game or not he made some completely meatheaded plays. I haven’t given up on him yet but he’s played enough to start making these adjustments. His need for the big throw and homerun VS the safer shorter route is maddening as a fan. I hope he’s ok, and I absolutely want him starting against another pretty nasty defense in Tennessee. If he can’t learn from his mistakes and get better then at least we’ll know by seasons end if he’s franchise material or not. He needs to play every possible down though this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

how many Running TDS. I mean we want to count all his turnovers shouldn’t we count all his TDs

Sure 6 TDs total against 9 turnovers. I don’t want my QB committing 36 turnovers it’s not sustainable. He needs to do better I believe he can but today was a step back

• Like (+1) 1