Let's Get it Straight

vorpma

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Look at the offensively horrid teams that the Patriots have played. There’s not even a good enough WR on any of those teams for Gilmore to hold.

I know...but still, those stats are insane....and again, it started last year in the playoffs....San Diego all game, KC for a half and Rams all game....we know they can slow down really powerful offense......Josh was going against BB and did not win...not really surprising....most QB look bad vs him....and ALL young QB do....he'll get better...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Not trying to spin it as a moral victory, we lost to a good team, that's all!

That's been my take on it all day. Would have liked a win, but after hearing we were gonna get blown out by a douchebag pats fan who has yet to show up (go figure), and we almost win even with Allen stinking up the building, I actually feel ok

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiffany980 said:

Both defenses were great. NE forced turnovers and made huge stops. Buffalo kept Brady off balance all day and got a turnover in the end zone. Your coach challenged some plays that he had zero chance of winning and the special teams gaffe...

Time to face the fact that Josh Allen is trending towards being a bust. Look at why the Bills aren't 4-0 and why they had to comeback for their 3 wins...  

WTF, if we don't win every fricking game you blow snot bubbles - grow up!

20 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Arrogance has nothing to do with this. Arrogance is not the same as knowledgeable. You don't actually consider the "experts" experts do you? All those ex-players are biased. I haven't said ANYTHING that your own fans have said. After each game this year, what has been the fans' biggest complaint? Allen, Allen, Allen, and Allen... Maybe he turns out to be the next Peyton Manning. 

Ya whatever, go to your room!

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

No make no mistake about it, it's arrogance. The Patriots have made that name for themselves over the years, and people like you have proven it's rubbed off on it's fanbase. Why else would you and the other 2 come in here talking like you're "knowledgeable" when everyone sees right through it? Neither you or them fool anyone here. And I'm far from saying Allen's gonna be the next Montana, our offense is defnitely the weak part of the team, but NEWS FLASH, it doesn't take a "knowledgeable" Patriots fan to see that. You think were that blind? You think the rest of the media doesn't see that? If there's any insecurity anywhere from any team's fans, it's the Patriots. You're on borrowed time now as it is, and if any part of Brady's subpar play today was because of his age starting to show? Then yeah, you have plenty of reason to be insecure

Knowing facts, quoting history, and accurately predicting the future generally make people "knowledgeable." No one is trying to fool anyone. In fact, what I claim is the same belief many of you have. There are a fair amount of Bills fans who also believe Allen will be a bust because of his similarities to other busts. This isn't a trolling thing. Don't you know who other busts will be? Murray and Haskins for example. Not a Patriots thing at all.

Edited by Tiffany980

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

When did the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs get downgraded behind that NE D?

Give it time, we are only in week four son!

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Moral victories are for losers.

OK Junior, did not claim a "moral victory;" read the post again and try to be a football fan!

Just now, Tiffany980 said:

Knowing facts, quoting history, and accurately predicting the future generally make people "knowledgeable." No one is trying to fool anyone. In fact, what I claim is the same belief many of you have. There are a fair amount of Bills fans who also believe Allen will be a bust because of his similarities to other busts. This isn't a trolling thing. Don't you know who other busts will be? Murray and Watkins for example. Not a Patriots thing at all.

Facts?!?! Guesses that you got lucky with aren't facts. The majority of your fan base saw this game as a blowout for the Pats (don't even try telling me otherwise), and I wouldn't be surprised if you thought the same thing. But even if you did, it's a FACT, that you won't admit it.  Those Bills fans that are labeling Allen a bust already were probably the same fans that would label  him a franchise QB had we won today, please don't be stupid enough to lump me in with them. Nothing about that is fact, and you need to learn the difference between fact and fiction. Many successful QBs had rough starts to their careers that went on to win super bowls. As I've said, I don't know how Allen is gonna turn out but to just toss him away and start all over is just contiuous mediocrity at best. The problems on offense aren't just with Allen, and even some Bills fans are blind to that, apparently you are too

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

You're not making sense... Aren't you posting contradicting comments?

Nope, are you?

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Facts?!?! Guesses that you got lucky with aren't facts. The majority of your fan base saw this game as a blowout for the Pats (don't even try telling me otherwise), and I wouldn't be surprised if you thought the same thing. But even if you did, it's a FACT, that you won't admit it.  Those Bills fans that are labeling Allen a bust already were probably the same fans that would label  him a franchise QB had we won today, please don't be stupid enough to lump me in with them. Nothing about that is fact, and you need to learn the difference between fact and fiction. Many successful QBs had rough starts to their careers that went on to win super bowls. As I've said, I don't know how Allen is gonna turn out but to just toss him away and start all over is just contiuous mediocrity at best. The problems on offense aren't just with Allen, and even some Bills fans are blind to that, apparently you are too

Great post and true! If they win next week many of these will slither back into the shadows the come back the next loss and throw tantrums again; TBD at its best!

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Guesses that are consistently right? Really?

Of course I thought it would be a blowout. Most of America did too. I was surprised at how poorly the NE offense played today and I admit that it was because of the Bills' defense. What has been the weakest part of every Bills' game this year? Allen. PEDton had a rough start to his career and was one of the greatest. Believe me, I hope you stick with Allen for as long as you did Losman, Johnson, EJ, and Fitz...

10 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Nope, are you?

Great post and true! If they win next week many of these will slither back into the shadows the come back the next loss and throw tantrums again; TBD at its best!

OK

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Look at the offensively horrid teams that the Patriots have played. There’s not even a good enough WR on any of those teams for Gilmore to hold.

I don’t mind licking wounds and moving on but its really hard to get excited about anything other than the defense with this team.

Check out our rushing offense. It's really good. We can run the ball. We can stop the run. We can stop the pass. Now we just need to pass the ball. Josh Allen was terrible today in his 16th career NFL regular season game against the greatest game-planning head coach ever with an historically good defense. Allen needs a lot of work, but he will get better. Part of the fun this year is watchng his development. We also have a relatively easy schedule. The #5 playoff seed is a very realistic goal. The Cheatriots are maddening, but it can still be fun following the Bills this season. Also, Brady doesn't look the same. The decline is real. The end will come. BTW, if the Saints beat the Cowboys tomorrow night, then the Bills are tied for the FOURTH best record in the NFL behind the Pats, Chiefs, and 49ers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Guesses that are consistently right? Really?

Of course I thought it would be a blowout. Most of America did too. I was surprised at how poorly the NE offense played today and I admit that it was because of the Bills' defense. What has been the weakest part of every Bills' game this year? Allen. PEDton had a rough start to his career and was one of the greatest. Believe me, I hope you stick with Allen for as long as you did Losman, Johnson, EJ, and Fitz...

I guess you meant Peyton. I don't want Allen to be like anyone, I'd rather he make a name for himself. Bills fans can be impatient when it comes to developing QBs. But those fans and you talk like Allen hasn't done anything at all but throw picks and incompletions. You're gonna see those things from a young QB, not every QB drafted is Tom Brady. That'll never happen again although Mahomes is making a strong case. I know you'd rather we toss Allen aside like we did with the QBs you mentioned. We do that, we deserve mediocrity. Say what you want, this coaching staff isn't that stupid. But on the flip side, pick any of those QBs you mentioned and tell me who you'd rather have than Allen. Hell I direct that question to Bills fans too

Edited by buffalo2218

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

The Bills lost today to the greatest team, QB, and coach in sports history; not to mention what is possibly the greatest defense since the 1985 Bears. We took into the last minutes of the fourth quarter and as the season rolls on, I hope many of you understand the significance of that feat. This is a team on the rise, stop blowing snot bubbles and watch the rebound next week! We are back!!!!

Great points, but the Bills defense is better than the Patriots defense. I don't care what stats say.  

Hmmm... 4 out of the last 5 SBs... Winning 3 of them. Terrible. Just terrible. Please...

Shut your pie hole, you still haven’t won a single Super Bowl where you haven’t cheated or the refs didn’t give you an advantage you didn’t deserve. 

Both defenses were great. NE forced turnovers and made huge stops. Buffalo kept Brady off balance all day and got a turnover in the end zone. Your coach challenged some plays that he had zero chance of winning and the special teams gaffe...

Time to face the fact that Josh Allen is trending towards being a bust. Look at why the Bills aren't 4-0 and why they had to comeback for their 3 wins...  

When Allen was drafted, it was known that he had both huge upside or downside and also that he would take awhile to develop.   Until this game, there was improvement from last year and the ability to comeback against the Jets and Bengals shows a resiliency that many recent Bills quarterback have not had.     I wonder if he would have done the same thing in this game.  We will never know since he was (cheaply) knocked out of the game, I certainly think that his chances would have been better than Barkley.

Allen was terrible today, but your defense is extremely good.   I am not going to call Allen a bust based on playing a defense that has also recently shut down Goff and Big Ben. 

Allen needs to reduce the bad plays and inaccurate throws.   If he is at the same level after the end of the season with no further improvement, then maybe it is time to question whether or not he is a bust but it is way too early to do so now.   

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I guess you meant Peyton. I don't want Allen to be like anyone, I'd rather he make a name for himself. Bills fans can be impatient when it comes to developing QBs. But those fans and you talk like Allen hasn't done anything at all but throw picks and incompletions. You're gonna see those things from a young QB, not every QB drafted is Tom Brady. That'll never happen again although Mahomes is making a strong case. I know you'd rather we toss Allen aside like we did with the QBs you mentioned. We do that, we deserve mediocrity. Say what you want, this coaching staff isn't that stupid. But on the flip side, pick any of those QBs you mentioned and tell me who you'd rather have than Allen. Hell I direct that question to Bills fans too

13 TDs, 18 INTs, fumbles, etc... He has no pocket awareness. 55% completion and 68.4 rating... 

I wouldn't want any of those QBs over Allen because they were all bad QBs! I'd take Flutie.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Moral victories are for losers.

You are smarter than that. Nobody is claiming a “moral victory” as far as I’ve seen. It IS fair to evaluate your team, and how competitive they are against other teams in the league. We are 3-1 and we gave the NFL’s greatest ever dynasty a serious fight. We could, and maybe should, have won.

I’m a big picture guy. They beat us today, but Brady is no longer elite. Brilliant, but he looked mortal. Special teams actually lost the game, but we were right there. We are trending up, and I’m good with that. 

Today is emotional, but taking in the big picture reduces that to some extent. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1